Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For a Select Few Who Will Find It Funny...

Sir

Default For a Select Few Who Will Find It Funny...

Our Anti-LDS friend BrianH decided to create a thread devoted to theorizing why he thinks Mormons are clinically and psychologically screwed up. He even points to specific posters as "evidence".

Our resident friend Apologette (Catherin Aurelia at CARM) asked if having multiple user names is a sign of this psychological problem, to which BrianH affirmed was his point.

So when I posted this response to Apologette/ Catherine's question about multiple user names:

It might, Athanasius...er, I mean, Catherine.......

and there was CARMella that you used after you were banned at MD&D under a different name, just so you could take a few more parting shots.
    ....I was, as you would rightly guess, hit with this:

Dear Apollos,

You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason: Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. Send alerts, do not attempt to moderate posters (Luke 6:31)
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4972066

Originally Posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Would this problem extend to the usage of "multiple personality" iden***ies on CARM?
    It might, Athanasius...er, I mean, Catherine.......

and there was CARMella that you used after you were banned at MD&D under a different name, just so you could take a few more parting shots.
    All the best,

Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat
    Yep! It's attacking a user to point out that they, too, have had multiple names on a board. But it ISN'T attacking a user to create a whole thread devoted to calling specific users clinically and psychologically damaged.

It got better though!

Apologette/ Catherine (after whining to the mods per usual), wrote this:

So, Sir........I mean, Apollos............agrees that it's fine to use multiple names on CARM? How about taking personal information gathered on social media sites and posting it on CARM? Do you, Sir, I mean, Apollos justify that type of cyber stalking as well? And by the way, I changed from Athanasius to Catherine Aurelia when the old board switched to the new board - and the Administration was aware of that. As far as "Carmella" goes............what a bunch of total wusses, that's all I can say. There's no rule that one has to use the same name on all boards, is there? When I post on WM I don't use the same name that I use here. As far as MDD goes, I don't post over on that sacred Mormon site anyway - Mormon Discussion is a lot more mature with Mormons who are far more willing to be up front and who are actually able to use critical thinking skills than either here or on MDD.
    I wrote a reply to each of her points/ criticisms, to clear up her erroneous accusations. But the mods at CARM deleted my entire post.

And when I simply stated that it was unfortunate that Catherine's charges were deemed to go unanswered because the mods deleted my response, I got this:

Dear Apollos,

You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason: Rule 2: Rule 5: Grievance violation, Comments or questions to or about Admin/Moderator Actions on Forums, Chat, Email, Pm, Alerts, posting grievances to or about management/moderators on forums, chat, visitor messages, alerts may result in immediate Suspension, Contact carmdiane@yahoo.com with questions
    -------
    Rule 2: Rule 5: Grievance violation, Comments or questions to or about Admin/Moderator Actions on Forums, Chat, Email, Pm, Alerts, posting grievances to or about management/moderators on forums, chat, visitor messages, alerts may result in immediate Suspension, Contact carmdiane@yahoo.com with questions
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4972796

Originally Posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

So, Sir........I mean, Apollos............agrees that it's fine to use multiple names on CARM? How about taking personal information gathered on social media sites and posting it on CARM? Do you, Sir, I mean, Apollos justify that type of cyber stalking as well? And by the way, I changed from Athanasius to Catherine Aurelia when the old board switched to the new board - and the Administration was aware of that. As far as "Carmella" goes............what a bunch of total wusses, that's all I can say. There's no rule that one has to use the same name on all boards, is there? When I post on WM I don't use the same name that I use here. As far as MDD goes, I don't post over on that sacred Mormon site anyway - Mormon Discussion is a lot more mature with Mormons who are far more willing to be up front and who are actually able to use critical thinking skills than either here or on MDD.
    For the record, I responded to each point in Catherine's post to clarify and give context, but that was removed. It is sad that the conversation got censored as context and clarification were given to the charges made, but so it is.

All the best,
    Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat
    LOL......ahhhhh, the insecurities and hiding behind a cloak of biased rule-enforcement and indiscriminant censoring.

Oh....and of course the only reply Apologette/ Catherine could muster was "This message is hidden because Apollos is on your ignore list". It is sad that she has to lie like that all the time. But such is the state of her faith and her witness of Christ.

Sir

I fully expect Apologette/ Catherine to run back to CARM and write on her cohorts' visitor messages about how horrible I am, and rally all her buddies to report anything I write in order to ban me, since that is her MO.

Oh, and Catherine/ Apologette, while you complained that I was cyber-stalking you, it isn't stalking when you write that you are 68 years old on a public board where the public has access. Silly goose. If you don't want people to know your "private information", don't put it in the public domain, silly!

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I fully expect Apologette/ Catherine to run back to CARM and write on her cohorts' visitor messages about how horrible I am, and rally all her buddies to report anything I write in order to ban me, since that is her MO.

Oh, and Catherine/ Apologette, while you complained that I was cyber-stalking you, it isn't stalking when you write that you are 68 years old on a public board where the public has access. Silly goose. If you don't want people to know your "private information", don't put it in the public domain, silly!
    Sir we are all horrible when we compare ourselves to the standard of righteousness.. We are commanded to be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. Through our disobedience we are prove ourselves as unworthy..

I am sorry you have decided to go to war with other posters. I don't believe you are too fond of me.. I try hard not to allow personalities to get in the way of discussion of the failures of mormonism. Failures to trust what God has preserved for us in His word. Mormonism demands that Jesus was begotten by Father in the same way natural way mortal men beget their children. The Bible teaches that Mary was found to be with Child of the Holy Spirit.. Can't be both ways.. In believing that the flesh of Jesus was begotten of the LDS Father in heaven is to again deny the words of Jesus that teaches that God is spirit, and that a spirit doesn't have a body of flesh and Bone.. Mormonism denies that the Father is invisible of whom Jesus is the tangible image..

Lastly I would remind you that women seldom like men to advertize their age even when it is clearly stated else where. Just be kind to her as you want others to be kind to you.. Let's discuss mormonism not each other.. IHS jim

Sir

Like I said, a thread for a select few who would see the humor.

But thanks anyway.

James Banta

Like I said, a thread for a select few who would see the humor.

But thanks anyway.

There is no humor in hurting others by commenting about any individual.. Just keep it to your defense of your church and leave any personalities at the door.. That way no one can give to take personal offense in the subjects we discuss. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    There is no humor in hurting others by commenting about any individual.. Just keep it to your defense of your church and leave any personalities at the door.. That way no one can give to take personal offense in the subjects we discuss. IHS jim
    1) If commenting on individuals is "hurting" them, then you are as guilty if not more so than anyone here.

2) The humor is in the double-standards, hypocrisy, and duplicity in the Anti-LDS mind, which is why, I ***ume, you are not able to see the humor in it.

3) You've said your piece. Thank you. Move on now. (Unless you feel the need to keep bumping this awesome thread to the top once more.)

James Banta

1) If commenting on individuals is "hurting" them, then you are as guilty if not more so than anyone here.

2) The humor is in the double-standards, hypocrisy, and duplicity in the Anti-LDS mind, which is why, I ***ume, you are not able to see the humor in it.

3) You've said your piece. Thank you. Move on now. (Unless you feel the need to keep bumping this awesome thread to the top once more.)
    I hear you, and are right and I was wrong in doing so.. I do agree let's move on.. As we do so let's leave personalities out of the discussion and take up only scriptural and doctrinal matters.. OK?

I don't mind where your thread sits.. First or last it doesn't matter IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Billyray

For a Select Few Who Will Find It Funny...
    Who are the "select few who will find it funny"?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Who are the "select few who will find it funny"?
    If you have to ask, then don't worry since you are not among them.

Billyray

If you have to ask, then don't worry since you are not among them.
    So you don't know?

Sir

So you don't know?

Oh brother.

Well, I guess it's back to billyray needing and trying to get someone to play with him.

No thanks. This thread isn't for the humor-impaired so feel free to leave. But thanks for bumping it to the top again.

Billyray

Oh brother.

Well, I guess it's back to billyray needing and trying to get someone to play with him.

No thanks. This thread isn't for the humor-impaired so feel free to leave. But thanks for bumping it to the top again.
    I guess by your non answer you don't really know. Do you?

Sir

I guess by your non answer you don't really know. Do you?
    No, it was a dumb question, as are most of yours lately. Then you ask them repeatedly. Merry-go-round.

But thanks for continuing to bump my thread to the top.

Billyray

No, it was a dumb question, as are most of yours lately.
    I don't think it is a dumb question but you are certainly e n t i t l e d to your opinion.

So do you have an answer for me or not?

Snow Patrol

I don't think it is a dumb question but you are certainly e n t i t l e d to your opinion.

So do you have an answer for me or not?
    Billyray, I think it was a pretty dumb question as well but I'll give you what I think the select few are. Those who have experienced the double standard that is clearly evident at CRAM. The hypocrisy there is evident to anyone who has any kind of sense of fairness. Now, if you don't understand the last two sentences, then you are probably not in the select few Sir was referring to.

Billyray

But thanks for continuing to bump my thread to the top.
    You welcome.

Do you think that this topic that Brian brought up proves or disproves the truthfulness of Mormonism?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    The hypocrisy there is evident to anyone who has any kind of sense of fairness. Now, if you don't understand the last two sentences, then you are probably not in the select few Sir was referring to.
    Although the topic that Brian brought might be interesting it has no bearing on whether or not Mormonism is true or false. But Sir doesn't want to talk about the issues that are relevant to proving Mormonism to be true or false. Rather he would rather talk about just about anything else--which this thread is just another perfect example of that.

Sir

Although the topic that Brian brought might be interesting it has no bearing on whether or not Mormonism is true or false. But Sir doesn't want to talk about the issues that are relevant to proving Mormonism to be true or false. Rather he would rather talk about just about anything else--which this thread is just another perfect example of that.
    And this is more evidence that billyray just loves talking about me.

RealFakeHair

I love it when I am talked about too!

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I love it when I am talked about too!
    I didn't say I loved it. It's just funny to me since billyray and his cronies demand that they don't need LDS here at all and the forum would be fine. And yet every post from billy is an attempt to get LDS to talk to him, even to the point of taunting them and putting words in their mouth.

And yes, RFH, we know you are needy in the attention dept. too.

Billyray

What I love talking about is the fact that you refuse to discuss Mormonism. Right?

nrajeffreturns

What I love talking about is the fact that you refuse to discuss Mormonism. Right?
    You might have a valid point if your insinuation that he refuses to discuss Mormonism weren't false.

I appreciate learning about another example of Cram's double-standard moderating.

I wonder if Matt Slick's daughter got sick of seeing it, and it became one of her reasons for rejecting her dad's "ministry."

Our Anti-LDS friend BrianH decided to create a thread devoted to theorizing why he thinks Mormons are clinically and psychologically screwed up. He even points to specific posters as "evidence".

Our resident friend Apologette (Catherin Aurelia at CARM) asked if having multiple user names is a sign of this psychological problem, to which BrianH affirmed was his point.

So when I posted this response to Apologette/ Catherine's question about multiple user names:

....I was, as you would rightly guess, hit with this:

Yep! It's attacking a user to point out that they, too, have had multiple names on a board. But it ISN'T attacking a user to create a whole thread devoted to calling specific users clinically and psychologically damaged.

It got better though!

Apologette/ Catherine (after whining to the mods per usual), wrote this:

I wrote a reply to each of her points/ criticisms, to clear up her erroneous accusations. But the mods at CARM deleted my entire post.

And when I simply stated that it was unfortunate that Catherine's charges were deemed to go unanswered because the mods deleted my response, I got this:

LOL......ahhhhh, the insecurities and hiding behind a cloak of biased rule-enforcement and indiscriminant censoring.

Oh....and of course the only reply Apologette/ Catherine could muster was "This message is hidden because Apollos is on your ignore list". It is sad that she has to lie like that all the time. But such is the state of her faith and her witness of Christ.
    Just like I pointed out yesterday on CARM (for which I received my 70th warning/suspension)

If you embarr*** an AntiMormon by winning the argument, they will hit you with a "Interfering With The Ministry" suspension.
    You will then get a "Insulting Another Forum Member" suspension if you gloat about it.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    You might have a valid point if your insinuation that he refuses to discuss Mormonism weren't false.
    Exactly. I talk to lots of people all the time about my faith. I don't even mind throwing out some teachings and doctrines to the rabid Anti-LDS Inc. cultists every no and again. Billyray is just complaining because he wants me to talk to HIM, but I've reminded him many times I don't like playing on his merry-go-round. But all he does is ask dumb questions (as you see in this thread alone).

I appreciate learning about another example of Cram's double-standard moderating.

I wonder if Matt Slick's daughter got sick of seeing it, and it became one of her reasons for rejecting her dad's "ministry."
    Yeah, it is fun to watch and point out, which makes the Anti-LDS extremists more upset when they are exposed.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Just like I pointed out yesterday on CARM (for which I received my 70th warning/suspension)

If you embarr*** an AntiMormon by winning the argument, they will hit you with a "Interfering With The Ministry" suspension.
    You will then get a "Insulting Another Forum Member" suspension if you gloat about it.
    How does a TBM win an argument with an anti-mormon? If it is over matters of faith, no one wins that argument, why? Because it is personal belief of the intangible vs the tangible. On matters of the tangible even here the LDSinc. Can't win because of your fallback excuse of (as far as it was translated corrrectly) as it relates to the Holy Bible.
    Last but not least is LDSinc. History, this is where TBMs fail miserably. Take for instance, The Mormon Meadow M***acre. I am willingly to bet the average TBM knows every little of the Brigham Young and John Lee connection.
    So as we see there is no comparison between a TBM and Christians when it comes to winning or losing.
    The Word of God will alway win over the word of a low life con-man's imaginary mind.