Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Not for the Humor-Impared (part 2)

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Yes, I followed that thread. It happened like you said. In Cram's defense, lately the mod has handed out to me only 5-point violations instead of the usual 10 or 20-point ones.
    Yeah, that was a 5-pointer too. Maybe it's their way of doling out the punishments requested of them by the Anti-LDS (like Apologette/ Catherine) and still trying to save some face knowing that if they should be giving the same infractions to the Anti's more because they engage in similar/ far worse methods.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I posted about her blood pressure. I know about it because SHE BROUGHT IT UP.

I post about your adultery. I know about it because YOU BROUGHT IT UP.

If you guys find the mention of those things as personal attacks, maybe you shouldn't bring them up for discussion. But to get mad when I respond to those things is pretty silly.
    I didn't bring up anything personally about me.. It was a third party that thought everyone should be told.. What is silly is to thing that everyone is going to react like you would to different stimuli.. Here is a flash for you no one is exactly like the other.. I don't want personalities to be involved here at all.. What I would like to see in a pure discussion about mormonism. From a position that it is the truth, and from a position that it is false. Both sides using the references that are Historic, modern, and scriptural..

If it can be shown that LDS are bigoted against the poor as an LDS Bishop proved to his ward by dressing as a street person who wanted to worship at his ward in Taylorville Utah (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-a-lesson?lite), and was heartily rejected. I am glad that ward got a lesson they needed in acceptance but was not surprised at the way they rejected a man they believed to be homeless.. That give more credence to the incident My wife and I told you about the little girls whose mother left in our care in North Dakota. It shows that the rejection of the branch has a ring of truth to it instead of the rejection we experienced because their mother didn't often attend church meetings..

We have a couple that sometimes attends church with us.. They are not the cl*** of people that can be seen on Mormon.org/people, but the love the others have for them is very visible.. I dare anyone put us to the "homeless test" and see us fail like that bishop saw in the failure of his ward.. While no one has tried to come into my church dressed as a homeless person, I am convinced that they would be made welcome if someone did so.. IHS jim

James Banta

Hey Jimmy,

As valiant and noble as you are trying to be, you have lost sight of the fact it is actually your wife who is doing the personal attacking going on verbal rampages. I am simply responding to that.
    I saw you say that such things don't bother you.. But don't worry I'll protect you too. I have already asked her to back it off if she is going to continue to post.. IHS jim

neverending

Sir,
    Oh, dear And here I thought that nothing said here was taken personally by you.....seems more falsehoods are being spoken? Just saying.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Sir,
    Oh, dear And here I thought that nothing said here was taken personally by you.....seems more falsehoods are being spoken? Just saying.
    Trivial, trivial, Lets keep it on something more important. Like Joseph Smith jr. Big Imagination.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Sir,
    I think you are confused. By not taking things personally means I do not let things said here get to me and create negative angst in my life, nor do I dwell on the negatives when I'm offline.

You seem to think that when I post in response to your comments that that means I am taking them personally.

Here's an example. That's the 3-4th time you've accused me of lying. I point that out because it doesn't jibe with your claim to just want to be here and have a discussion or to not attack others. Responding to that is not taking it personally. Now, if I left this forum today and thought all day about "neverending thinks I lied" and it actually bugged me, that would be taking it personally. I definitely don't do that. But I love to show the hypocrisy of the Anti-mos, so you give me the evidence I need when I post about it.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I saw you say that such things don't bother you.. But don't worry I'll protect you too. I have already asked her to back it off if she is going to continue to post.. IHS jim
    Um, yeah.

How did that go telling your wife how to post?

James Banta

Um, yeah.

How did that go telling your wife how to post?
    The same way I can tell you.. Stay inside the forum rules.. Even that one Jill posted and is stuck to the top of the thread list.. IHS jim

Sir

The same way I can tell you.. IHS jim
    Nevermind.

James Banta

Nevermind.
    It is not wrong to have people stop at stop signs.. It is not wrong to stop someone hurting another person.. It is not wrong to tell people to obey the rule of not running by a pool.. It is NOT wrong to ask nor except others on the forum to obey the rules here either.. If you haven't read them in a while maybe you should refresh your memory by reading them again.. Don't forget the one Jill added and is a sticking at the top of the channel above all the other transit threads.. IHS jim

Sir

It is not wrong to have people stop at stop signs.. It is not wrong to stop someone hurting another person.. It is not wrong to tell people to obey the rule of not running by a pool.. It is NOT wrong to ask nor except others on the forum to obey the rules here either.. If you haven't read them in a while maybe you should refresh your memory by reading them again.. Don't forget the one Jill added and is a sticking at the top of the channel above all the other transit threads.. IHS jim
    What are you rambling about? Don't you get tired of trying to be the whining hall monitor?

James Banta

What are you rambling about? Don't you get tired of trying to be the whining hall monitor?
    I can say it again.. Asking others to obey the rules is NOT wrong.. It isn't whining.. It is what we all have a right to except of each other on the forum.. By calling me a whiner or others childish you break the rules.. I am asking you nicely Please Stop doing that and use that great mind you tell us you have to add something of substance to the discussion.. IHS jim