Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's alive

James Banta

Default It's alive

I don't know where He got my Phone number. I don't care.. A Mr Jason Wallace, called me because he had seen my posts on this forum.. That was exciting in two ways. 1. I found out for sure that there are people that lurk here.. This means there is purpose and life in the ole forum after all. Mr Wallace doesn't post but he does the read the posts.. 2. Hey snow, sir, way, Papa, and jeff; he said my post were totally comprehensible.. That kind of shuts down your insistence that my posts are nothing but meaningless, wandering, incoherent nonsense.. There are people out there that have no trouble at all understanding me..

That this point you may be saying "so what".. It may mean nothing to you and the limited Christian posting was starting to get me down but God used My Wallace to energize me and show me that my ministry here does have purpose.. I has committed myself to keep this forum active and now I see real purpose in this work God has called me to.. That must be a tremendous disappointment to you.. So post or don't post. I know for sure my posts are being read and the message used to lift others in their walk with Jesus and their knowledge of just why mormonism is so spiritually dangerous.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-23-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I don't know where He got my Phone number. I don't care.. A Mr Jason Wallace, called me because he had seen my posts on this forum.. That was exciting in two ways. 1. I found out for sure that there are people that lurk here.. This means there is purpose and life in the ole forum after all. Mr Wallace doesn't post but he does the read the posts.. 2. Hey snow, sir, way, Papa, and jeff; he said my post were totally comprehensible.. That kind of shuts down your insistence that my posts are nothing but meaningless, wandering, incoherent nonsense.. There are people out there that have no trouble at all understanding me..

That this point you may be saying "so what".. It may mean nothing to you and the limited Christian posting was starting to get me down but God used My Wallace to energize me and show me that my ministry here does have purpose.. I has committed myself to keep this forum active and now I see real purpose in this work God has called me to.. That must be a tremendous disappointment to you.. So post or don't post. I know for sure my posts are being read and the message used to lift others in their walk with Jesus and their knowledge of just why mormonism is so spiritually dangerous.. IHS jim
    There are two Jason Wallaces I know, one is already an AntiMormon, and the other one actually lives near you.

I'm guessing it is the AntiMormon, which kinda bursts your bubble, as the blind leading the blind.
    To that I say..."So What?"

Sir

Glad you finally have some validation for your posts, Jimster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Glad you finally have some validation for your posts, Jimster.
    LOL...
    Even if it is only from another longtime AntiMormon.

nrajeffreturns

So one person (besides the few who post) actually reads the posts here?

That's one more than I thought, so that's impressive!

Hey, Jason, why not post something so we can get an idea of the type of person you are?

Tell us some things about yourself--background, hobbies, why you hate LDS people so much (jk), etc.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    So one person (besides the few who post) actually reads the posts here?

That's one more than I thought, so that's impressive!

Hey, Jason, why not post something so we can get an idea of the type of person you are?

Tell us some things about yourself--background, hobbies, why you hate LDS people so much (jk), etc.
    If you want to know more about Him tune into KTMW-TV20 SLC Wednesday night at 8:00pm MST on KTMW-TV20 and meet Pastor Jason.. If that isn't possible then go to www.ancientpaths.tv/ and you can still meet him.. Then again, I will be visiting him tomorrow at Christ Presbyterian Church 8630 W 2700 S, Magna, UT at 11:00 AM.. You could meet us both.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-23-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Sir

I looked at your new friend's blog. I find it interesting that he has the most posts on things like LDS stuff and Mormonism. Even has posts on Sandra Tanner and The UTLM.

But no topics about Jesus Christ

And you do realize that the board isn't "Alive!" just because another person who is an antagonist of Mormonism happens to read here. Your excitement would be taken more seriously if some unbiased/ imp***ionate person contacted you about your posts. As it is, you are simply basking in the joy of basically getting "repped" on your posts by a fellow LDS-critic.

Topics

Adam-God Doctrine (3)
    Alma Allred (11)
    Animal Rights (2)
    apologetics (38)
    atheism (6)
    Baptism (6)
    Baptists (7)
    Bible Interpretations (11)
    Bible Objections (4)
    bible study (52)
    Blood Atonement (1)
    Book of Abraham (5)
    Book of Revelation (7)
    Calvinism (13)
    Cheap Grace (8)
    children (8)
    christian life (31)
    christian worldview (37)
    Chuch discipline (12)
    Church discipline (1)
    Church History (16)
    conversion (12)
    Debate (1)
    Discrimination (5)
    dispensationalism (13)
    double standards (1)
    economics (2)
    education (3)
    Emma Smith (1)
    End Times (11)
    eschatology (8)
    ethics (17)
    evangelism (10)
    family (7)
    Fear of God (44)
    feminism (2)
    former mormon (10)
    Free Will (4)
    fundamentalism (2)
    Gay LDS (1)
    God (34)
    grace (4)
    grace/works (15)
    Grant Palmer (2)
    Happiness (1)
    Heaven (1)
    hell (8)
    hermeneutics (14)
    History (3)
    Holiness (22)
    home schooling (4)
    ****sexuality (4)
    Human Nature (2)
    introduction (1)
    Islam (3)
    James White (1)
    Jehovah's Witnesses (2)
    John Calvin (1)
    judgement (4)
    LDS History (25)
    LDS Temples (2)
    love (8)
    Mainline Churches (2)
    Mark Hofmann (1)
    marriage (2)
    Martin Tanner (2)
    missions (2)
    Mormon Apologist (2)
    mormonism (53)
    Motherhood (1)
    Mountain Meadows M***acre (2)
    Newtown Shooting (1)
    Old Testament (2)
    Orthodox Presbyterian Church (10)
    persecution (1)
    politics (9)
    polygamy (4)
    prophecy (8)
    prophets (1)
    purpose of life (6)
    reform (1)
    Reformation (8)
    Roman Catholicism (1)
    sabbath (2)
    Salt and Light (12)
    sanctification (8)
    sandra tanner (9)
    schism (12)
    scripture (52)
    sin (13)
    street preachers (3)
    textual criticism (11)
    the bible (8)
    the church (26)
    The Fear of God (37)
    The Law (4)
    The New Testament (1)
    The Rapture (7)
    The source of truth. (27)
    ***hing (2)
    traditions of men (25)
    True Christianity (4)
    utah lighthouse ministires (8)
    women's ordination (3)
    worship (5)
    Last edited by Sir; 11-24-2013 at 02:52 PM.

James Banta

I looked at your new friend's blog. I find it interesting that he has the most posts on things like LDS stuff and Mormonism. Even has posts on Sandra Tanner and The UTLM.

But no topics about Jesus Christ

And you do realize that the board isn't "Alive!" just because another person who is an antagonist of Mormonism happens to read here. Your excitement would be taken more seriously if some unbiased/ imp***ionate person contacted you about your posts. As it is, you are simply basking in the joy of basically getting "repped" on your posts by a fellow LDS-critic.

Topics

Adam-God Doctrine (3)
    Alma Allred (11)
    Animal Rights (2)
    apologetics (38)
    atheism (6)
    Baptism (6)
    Baptists (7)
    Bible Interpretations (11)
    Bible Objections (4)
    bible study (52)
    Blood Atonement (1)
    Book of Abraham (5)
    Book of Revelation (7)
    Calvinism (13)
    Cheap Grace (8)
    children (8)
    christian life (31)
    christian worldview (37)
    Chuch discipline (12)
    Church discipline (1)
    Church History (16)
    conversion (12)
    Debate (1)
    Discrimination (5)
    dispensationalism (13)
    double standards (1)
    economics (2)
    education (3)
    Emma Smith (1)
    End Times (11)
    eschatology (8)
    ethics (17)
    evangelism (10)
    family (7)
    Fear of God (44)
    feminism (2)
    former mormon (10)
    Free Will (4)
    fundamentalism (2)
    Gay LDS (1)
    God (34)
    grace (4)
    grace/works (15)
    Grant Palmer (2)
    Happiness (1)
    Heaven (1)
    hell (8)
    hermeneutics (14)
    History (3)
    Holiness (22)
    home schooling (4)
    ****sexuality (4)
    Human Nature (2)
    introduction (1)
    Islam (3)
    James White (1)
    Jehovah's Witnesses (2)
    John Calvin (1)
    judgement (4)
    LDS History (25)
    LDS Temples (2)
    love (8)
    Mainline Churches (2)
    Mark Hofmann (1)
    marriage (2)
    Martin Tanner (2)
    missions (2)
    Mormon Apologist (2)
    mormonism (53)
    Motherhood (1)
    Mountain Meadows M***acre (2)
    Newtown Shooting (1)
    Old Testament (2)
    Orthodox Presbyterian Church (10)
    persecution (1)
    politics (9)
    polygamy (4)
    prophecy (8)
    prophets (1)
    purpose of life (6)
    reform (1)
    Reformation (8)
    Roman Catholicism (1)
    sabbath (2)
    Salt and Light (12)
    sanctification (8)
    sandra tanner (9)
    schism (12)
    scripture (52)
    sin (13)
    street preachers (3)
    textual criticism (11)
    the bible (8)
    the church (26)
    The Fear of God (37)
    The Law (4)
    The New Testament (1)
    The Rapture (7)
    The source of truth. (27)
    ***hing (2)
    traditions of men (25)
    True Christianity (4)
    utah lighthouse ministires (8)
    women's ordination (3)
    worship (5)
    All that and not one post on Walter Martin? Hummm.. I guess he was just lurking here just like I said..

But you didn't read these articles did you you have no idea how his Lord fit into any of them.. Judging without knowledge.. That is how mormonism makes judgments? IHS jim

Sir

All that and not one post on Walter Martin? Hummm.. I guess he was just lurking here just like I said..
    Um, no, because Walter Martin is dead. All the 'topics' are to videos. I don't think your new friend had a sit down with a dead guy.

Nobody is disputing that he was "lurking here". As an Anti-Mormon, I'm sure he knows about this place.

But you didn't read these articles did you you have no idea how his Lord fit into any of them.. Judging without knowledge.. That is how mormonism makes judgments? IHS jim
    They aren't articles.

They are hour long video episodes. I guess maybe YOU didn't even check it out or you would've known.

And I don't need to watch the episodes to know this guy is just an Anti-Mormon sympathizer.

He has sit-downs with Sandra Tanner, Grant Palmer, and other authors of books critical of Mormonism.

You don't have to actually climb into a trash can to know that it stinks.

James Banta

Um, no, because Walter Martin is dead. All the 'topics' are to videos. I don't think your new friend had a sit down with a dead guy.

Nobody is disputing that he was "lurking here". As an Anti-Mormon, I'm sure he knows about this place.

They aren't articles.

They are hour long video episodes. I guess maybe YOU didn't even check it out or you would've known.

And I don't need to watch the episodes to know this guy is just an Anti-Mormon sympathizer.

He has sit-downs with Sandra Tanner, Grant Palmer, and other authors of books critical of Mormonism.

You don't have to actually climb into a trash can to know that it stinks.
    Walter Martin the man has gone to be with his Lord.. Walter Martin the Forum lives on.. It doesn't matter whether a lurker is pro LDS or pro Jesus; Anti mormon or anti Christian. The fact I showed in this post is that there lurkers out there that are reading the posts.. Even you had to admit that..

Video or written they are articles.. They are all a statement of his beliefs recorded so that others can receive the benefit of his knowledge.. Does 20/20 produce video articles, That is what they call them.. You are straining at a gnat here..

Ok, you have called some good scholars trash venders.. These scholars have made a study of the sermons made by the foundational leaders of the LDS church.. Is showing that their teachings are NOT on harmony with what today's LDS leaders teach wrong? What that shows is mormonism is not the same religion as it was when Smith and Young built it.. I have heard it said by LDS scholars that Smith established the church and Young saved it.. Both are FOUNDATIONAL leaders of the Church and their teachings should be the law and practice of the church.. To quote them to show that their teachings are not help by the church is to show that mormonism has varied from it's foundation.. Therefore mormonism has fallen in that trash and yes it does stink.. IHS jim

Sir

Walter Martin the man has gone to be with his Lord.. Walter Martin the Forum lives on.. It doesn't matter whether a lurker is pro LDS or pro Jesus; Anti mormon or anti Christian. The fact I showed in this post is that there lurkers out there that are reading the posts.. Even you had to admit that..
    Fallacy.

Nobody disputes there was at least one person out there reading. And he has the same Anti-LDS mindset as you. So no different than having BrianH, Russ, Apologette, Theo, or any other Anti-Mo reading here. Doesn't make the forum alive like you are hoping.

Video or written they are articles.. They are all a statement of his beliefs recorded so that others can receive the benefit of his knowledge.. Does 20/20 produce video articles, That is what they call them.. You are straining at a gnat here..
    You said "read the articles". I pointed out they are videos. You don't read videos. You are the one straining at gnats here.

Ok, you have called some good scholars trash venders.. These scholars have made a study of the sermons made by the foundational leaders of the LDS church.. Is showing that their teachings are NOT on harmony with what today's LDS leaders teach wrong? What that shows is mormonism is not the same religion as it was when Smith and Young built it.. I have heard it said by LDS scholars that Smith established the church and Young saved it.. Both are FOUNDATIONAL leaders of the Church and their teachings should be the law and practice of the church.. To quote them to show that their teachings are not help by the church is to show that mormonism has varied from it's foundation.. Therefore mormonism has fallen in that trash and yes it does stink.. IHS jim
    Opinion noted.

James Banta

Fallacy.

Nobody disputes there was at least one person out there reading. And he has the same Anti-LDS mindset as you. So no different than having BrianH, Russ, Apologette, Theo, or any other Anti-Mo reading here. Doesn't make the forum alive like you are hoping.

You said "read the articles". I pointed out they are videos. You don't read videos. You are the one straining at gnats here.

Opinion noted.
    Warning reading this post will take 2 mins, maybe a bit less time. I doubt you have that much time..

I will grant you that Pastor Wallas is not an LDS supporter.. I grant you that he teaches a different Jesus than is known among the LDS.. That Jesus is the YHWH, the I AM, The God who is God from everlasting to everlasting. That He is not some subordinate demigod that severs any other being.. So I guess since his teaching aligns up with the teaching of the Bible, being an anti any group that denies it as I have proven over these past few days that mormonism does; it is a good thing to be anti mormonism.. We bring the truth of God's word to you and present it to you directly from the Bible..

Even with that there is no doubt that there are others out there that aren't regular posters that are reading the posts. So anyone that doesn't buy into the LDS perversion or the Gospel or the LDS twisting of the text of the Bible can possible be reliable. Hey it's even a fact that mormonism has twisted more than the Bible. The BofM has also had it's message twisted in adding the the infamous "In Purpose" to p***ages such as 2 Nephi 31:21. Joseph Smith, like you, insisted that there are many Gods, three for this world. But Amulek in Alma 11:29 insisted that there is one God.. In short mormonism can't even believe what their own invented scripture teaches. How much less scripture that their prophet didn't actually write? But you get upset when a man communicates his agreement with me even though he didn't wish to post here.. For that he I, or anyone that challenges mormonism is quickly dismissed as anti.. That is very cultic..

Sometimes your programming is so strong that you will not allow truth through.. It may even sound like nonsense to you.. You have said in this thread that the being of God found revealed in the Bible is just that to you "Nonsense".. Yours doesn't. It seems a way that seems right to a man of flesh (Proverbs 14:12). When compared to God's word the teachings of mormonism can clearly be seen as another gospel and not the True Gospel.. Yours is what we can do to gain blessings and salvation. The true Gospel is about what God has done to make us His own. What he has done to bless us and give us eternal life.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-25-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Sir

Warning reading this post will take 2 mins, maybe a bit less time. I doubt you have that much time..
    IHS jim
    Probably.

Especially since your intro to your post is so inviting.

You already know that there is not one Mormon here who reads your rubbish past the first sentence or two.

What I find funny is that after you admit to this, you guys then expect us to sit through an hour of the boring rantings of another AntiMormon just because he is on video???

Honestly... Has this ever worked?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    You already know that there is not one Mormon here who reads your rubbish past the first sentence or two.

What I find funny is that after you admit to this, you guys then expect us to sit through an hour of the boring rantings of another AntiMormon just because he is on video???

Honestly... Has this ever worked?
    Since my post are 100% based on the word of God. It is that which you are calling rubbish.. I have not once asked you to listen to one single video.. I never posted even the ***le of a video.. Where are you hearing lies that I have done so? IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    There are two Jason Wallaces I know, one is already an AntiMormon, and the other one actually lives near you.

I'm guessing it is the AntiMormon, which kinda bursts your bubble, as the blind leading the blind.
    To that I say..."So What?"
    This is his Bio.. http://www.presbyteriannews.org/volu...%20Wallace.htm IHS jim

Snow Patrol

James, I wonder... aren't you being hypocritical to rail on others for bringing the happenings of another website to WM yet you send people to non-WM website?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    James, I wonder... aren't you being hypocritical to rail on others for bringing the happenings of another website to WM yet you send people to non-WM website?
    Just so no one mistakes, I am also a hypocrite too, but aint we all!

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Just so no one mistakes, I am also a hypocrite too, but aint we all!
    Then, after we have admitted that, we have two options:

1. Keep on being hypocrites, with no improvement in our behavior, no "becoming more like Jesus wants us to be" or

2. Stop attacking other churches and instead focus on all the things we have in common instead of all the differences, so that we can be a united force for good in the world.

Which is the correct option, according to the New Testament?

RealFakeHair

Then, after we have admitted that, we have two options:

1. Keep on being hypocrites, with no improvement in our behavior, no "becoming more like Jesus wants us to be" or

2. Stop attacking other churches and instead focus on all the things we have in common instead of all the differences, so that we can be a united force for good in the world.

Which is the correct option, according to the New Testament?
    First, I do my best, second LDSinc. is a tool of Satan, so I believe it is my *** to bring out the cult followship of Joseph Smith jr.
    As you can see I don't attack you personally in your faith, but to deny facts concerning Joseph Smith jr. And the fairy tail he authored is a fasination I hold. Understanding we all have beliefs that leave others scritching their heads over.
    Was all the universe created in six days? Was there a world wide flood? Is Obama really the smartest man in the world?
    Two out of the three I believe, so you see I am not perfect.

nrajeffreturns

First, I do my best,
    I don't believe that. I think you could do better.

second LDSinc. is a tool of Satan, so I believe it is my *** to bring out the cult followship of Joseph Smith jr.
    As you can see I don't attack you personally in your faith,
    But your attacks on Joseph Smith are personal attacks on his faith, right? You're "okay" with doing that, apparently.

RealFakeHair

I don't believe that. I think you could do better.

But your attacks on Joseph Smith are personal attacks on his faith, right? You're "okay" with doing that, apparently.
    One of the Mormon Books of Scripture, The Pearl of Great Price, says this about non-LDS churches:
    "... they were ALL WRONG; and the Personage who addressed me said that ALL their creeds were an ABOMINATION in his sight; that those professors were ALL CORRUPT;..." (Joseph Smith 2:19).

Yes, because Joseph Smith jr. was a tool of Satan. I am according to him a member of a creed that is an ABOMINATION! Well, I rebuke him.

Sir

One of the Mormon Books of Scripture, The Pearl of Great Price, says this about non-LDS churches:
    "... they were ALL WRONG; and the Personage who addressed me said that ALL their creeds were an ABOMINATION in his sight; that those professors were ALL CORRUPT;..." (Joseph Smith 2:19).

Yes, because Joseph Smith jr. was a tool of Satan. I am according to him a member of a creed that is an ABOMINATION! Well, I rebuke him.
    A member of a creed?

Hmmm...

I'll be honest with you RFH, I used to think you were a bright guy that just liked to make snarky comments (I feel that way about myself). But lately, after reading your posts, I think you really are lacking in knowledge of religion, faith, and do not have a good understanding of the things you wish to fight against.

RealFakeHair

A member of a creed?

Hmmm...

I'll be honest with you RFH, I used to think you were a bright guy that just liked to make snarky comments (I feel that way about myself). But lately, after reading your posts, I think you really are lacking in knowledge of religion, faith, and do not have a good understanding of the things you wish to fight against.
    Well, I am as dumb as a rock, but I only can go by your head guy Joseph Smith jr. and his book. 1 Nephi 14......
    .9 And it came to p*** that he said unto me: Look, and behold that great and abominable church, which is the mother of abominations, whose founder is the adevil.

10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the bother is the church of the cdevil; wherefore, dwhoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the e***** of all the earth.
    Okay, so I aint a member of the LDSinc. So that makes me a member of who's church?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    It wasn't me that insisted on knowing the ident ity of the man in question.. I often use non Walter Martin sources to answer questions.. This time Pastor Wallas' bio would have been to large to post here..

I didn't pull any data from another other forum. I references a site that answered questions about the man that contacted me concerning this site.. It's all about this site not MADD, CARM, Concerned Christians, or any other site.. It had ONLY to do with discussion here and a reference use to answer a question.. Tell you what.. If you find a response on CARM that aids you in answering a question here feel free to use it.. Just don't drag complaints against CARM, it's posters, or mods into discussion here.. We have had nothing to do with what was said there or how the mods dealt with it.. Is that fair? I think so.. IHS jim