Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why African Americans Should Stay Away From Mormonism

Default Why African Americans Should Stay Away From Mormonism

Because of Mormonism's racist past, they are seeking to convert African Americans so that they can prove they are not racist! They even use blacks in their ads, "I'm a Mormon." They think this will counter their past racism! I live among Mormons here in the southwest, and in our area there is not one Mormon who is black, and few who are Hispanic. In fact, I've had Hispanics complain to me about prejudice against them in totally Mormon areas! I believe it because down deep Mormons still believe what their own prophets have taught them in the past:

Brigham Young, second Mormon "prophet," (or profit, might be better):

You see some cl***es of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. . . . Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would put a termination to that line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which was the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another cursed is pronounced upon the same race--that they should be the "servants of servants;" and they will be until that curse is removed; and the Abolitionists cannot help it, nor in the least alter that decree (Journal of Discourses, 7:290; emphasis added)

Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be.

The third Mormon prophet, John Taylor supported Young's position:

after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham's wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it p*** through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God. . . . (ibid., 23:304; emphasis added).

Here's what the forth Mormon prophet Willie Woodruff had to say about blacks:

What was that mark? It was a mark of blackness. That mark rested upon Cain, and descended upon his posterity from that time until the present. To day there are millions of the descendants of Cain, through the lineage of Ham, in the world, and that mark of darkness still rest upon them (Millennial Star, 51:339; emphasis added).

The tenth "prophet" of the Mormon cult kept up the barrage of racist rhetoric:

Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became the father of an inferior race. A curse was place upon him and that curse has been continued through his lineage and must do so while time endures. Millions of souls have come into this world cursed with black skin and have been denied the privilege of Priesthood and the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel. These are the descendants of Cain. Moreover, they have been made to feel their inferiority and have been separated from the rest of mankind from the beginning… we will also hope that blessings may eventually be given to our Negro brethren, for they are our brethren--children of God---notwithstanding their black covering emblematical of eternal darkness.

One of their "apostles," McConkie was racist enough to say this about African Americans: Mormonism teaches: "The gospel message of salvation is not carried affirmatively to them. Negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concerned. . . . "

In 1978 the cult had to reverse itself, and allow blacks to be Mormon priests! This was because their missionary army had converted a lot of native Brazilians who were of mixed heritage; furthermore, many black football players in American colleges were boycotting the BYU Cougars (not that they are much of a team), and the prophet, "Kimball," had a "revelation" that blacks could now receive their super duper priesthood ordinations - and that's when they began their campaign to enlist blacks in the cult!

Folks, if you are looking in here and are either black or of a darker skin hue, know that the Mormons even today see a darker skin as a sign of sin (mark of Cain). They believe that the very best "spirits" are born into Mormon families - and their offspring's "white and delightsome" features attest to their spiritual superiority! In fact, Mormons who so often denounce the Calvinist view of predestination teach "foreordination," which is the same thing:

"Abraham was told that he was included among the valiant spirits and was therefore chosen or foreordained before his birth to be a leader in God's kingdom on earth (Abr. 3:22-23). The Lord likewise informed Jeremiah, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and…I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" (Jer. 1:5). Alma 2 taught that priests belonging to a "holy order" were foreordained "according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works" (Alma 13:1, 3). The Prophet Joseph Smith concluded that "every man who has a calling to minister to the inhabitants of the world was ordained to that very purpose in the Grand Council of heaven before this world was" (TPJS, p. 365). And in addition to these foreordinations to priesthood callings, many spirits may have been foreordained to specific nations and generations, which Paul characterized as the "bounds of habitation" (Acts 17:26), as well as to families and to varied ***ignments, work, or missions on earth.

While each of these selections is ultimately based on the omniscience and foreknowledge of God, several factors may influence one's earthly circumstances. Foreordination comes as a blessing or reward for premortal righteousness and valiant commitment to Jesus Christ. Birth into the house of Israel (my note, Mormons think they are the "house of Israel") and heirship to all the blessings of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are often seen as the birthright of dedicated souls (see Eph. 1:4-5; Rom. 9:4). These rights and blessings may still be obtained by any and all who elect to receive them, whether in this life or the next. People sooner or later will manifest, as Elder B. H. Roberts, of the Seventy, taught, "the strength of that intelligence and nobility to which their spirits had attained in the heavenly kingdom before they took bodies upon earth" (T. Madsen, Defender of the Faith [Salt Lake City, 1980], p. 2). The Doctrine and Covenants teaches that men and women may come to God through righteousness and diligence and thus become numbered with those who are "sons [and daughters] of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God" (D&C 84:34).

Basically what the Mormons are saying there is that the best spirits are foreordained to be Mormons. This is based on their belief in "premortal existence," or that spirits are rewarded according to their performance prior to coming to planet earth, the best being destined to be ordained "priests" in the Mormon cult! Guess the Mormons better change their view of Calvin!

See these sites for confirmation of quotes: http://www.christiandefense.org/mor_black.htm; http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/b...ation_eom.htm; http://www.mrm.org/white-and-delightsome

So, if your skin is darker than your "white and delightsome" Mormon neighbor, you might want to review racism as incorporated into Mormon history and doctrine. Remember, Mormons are trying to enlist blacks into their cult in order to rectify their racist past! Don't be used!
    Last edited by Apologette; 11-30-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

RealFakeHair

Funny thing, I met a black man who was a memeber of the KKK, he even showed me his card. So just as there can be blacks in the LDSinc. So they can be members of the KKK. After all don't everyone want to be white and delightsome?

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Funny thing, I met a black man who was a memeber of the KKK, he even showed me his card. So just as there can be blacks in the LDSinc. So they can be members of the KKK. After all don't everyone want to be white and delightsome?
    That's odd since the KKK was organized to oppose blacks. Do you think it was a legitimate card?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

nrajeffreturns

That's nothing--I know sinners who belong to Christianity--an organization whose stated mission is to eradicate sin from the world!

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    That's odd since the KKK was organized to oppose blacks. Do you think it was a legitimate card?
    I know, I didn't believe him until he showed me the card, and the long story behind it.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    That's nothing--I know sinners who belong to Christianity--an organization whose stated mission is to eradicate sin from the world!
    I know of no such Christian organization. I belong to a christian organization that tries to saved the world from their sins.

James Banta

I am from the ole school.. I still think a tan looks pretty good.. IHS jim

James Banta

Since Jesus the Christ is the chief corner stone of those that He has called to be the stones of his CHURCH the Stated mission has been to seek and save those who are lost in sin, just as He reached into the mess that is the world and drew us out and made us whole.. This christianity you have heard of is foreign to me.. It must be like mormonism, a counterfeit of the Church Jesus promise to build, a Church that He will sustain even if attacked by the gates of hell.. IHS jim

Yes, Jeff, we are sinners. That's why we have to put our trust in the Lord Jesus Christ's Blood shed on Calvary. For you Mormon non-sinners, there's always Gethsemane, right? Saved by sweat, is that how it goes! That plus a whole bunch of Mormon works requirements - and unending list, including no facial hair and ti thing!

I know, I didn't believe him until he showed me the card, and the long story behind it.
    Which pretty much says that even an African American can be deceived into joining an organization that is racist to the core. And Mormonism isn't much better!

nrajeffreturns

Which pretty much says that even an African American can be deceived into joining an organization that is racist to the core. And Mormonism isn't much better!
    It's just a little better than Reformationism.

It's just a little better than Reformationism.
    Oh, are you referring to the phony Mormon "restoration," which was actually a "replacement." That cult replaced God with gods. Replaced Jesus with Lucifer's brother. Replaced the Gospel with false "revelations." Replaced truth with Nephites and Lamanites and other such fantasies. Think you're s****ing the bottom of the barrel Jeff. Why not jump in the barrel and see if you can't come up with something a little intellectually challenging for a change.

Ma'am

Everyone in the whole world is a sinner. Jesus alone was sinless, in all of earth's history. I am a sinner. So is my husband, and daughter, and parents and sister and in-laws and even my pastor--we are all sinners. But Jesus said He didn't come for the righteous, but for the sinners, for they were and are the ones who truly need Him. Those who think they are "righteous" won't feel the need for Jesus and His forgiveness.

I like a bumper sticker I once saw--"Christians aren't perfect; just forgiven."

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Everyone in the whole world is a sinner. Jesus alone was sinless, in all of earth's history. I am a sinner. So is my husband, and daughter, and parents and sister and in-laws and even my pastor--we are all sinners. But Jesus said He didn't come for the righteous, but for the sinners, for they were and are the ones who truly need Him. Those who think they are "righteous" won't feel the need for Jesus and His forgiveness.

We, all of us, have broken the Laws of God not just one or two of them but according to the Apostle James but if we keep the whole law but offend in one point we are guilty of the whole Law.. If we bear a false witness (Lie) we are a murderer and thief, and adulterer, and an idolator.. In all that we hear Jesus say "I love you this much" then spreading out His arms to die.. This is why I will always remain IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    We, all of us, have broken the Laws of God not just one or two of them but according to the Apostle James but if we keep the whole law but offend in one point we are guilty of the whole Law..
    And since you believe that any sin is an unforgivable sin, then all of us have committed the unpardonable sin, right?

nrajeffreturns

Everyone in the whole world is a sinner.
    What about the babies who will get aborted today? What sins did they commit?

I am a sinner. So is my husband, and daughter, and parents and sister and in-laws and even my pastor--we are all sinners.
    Especially if you have borne false witness against the LDS.

But Jesus said He didn't come for the righteous, but for the sinners, for they were and are the ones who truly need Him.
    Do you believe He came for the LDS? Because some of you Calvinists believe that Jesus didn't die for Mormons.

Those who think they are "righteous" won't feel the need for Jesus and His forgiveness.
    Do you think you are righteous?

I like this one: "Anti-LDS Evangelicals aren't perfect--they're just the elite, elect of God, even though they didn't do anything different from what LDS people did."

RealFakeHair

Labels, forget about them, just put your trust in Jesus of the Holy Bible, and see what happens.

Labels, forget about them, just put your trust in Jesus of the Holy Bible, and see what happens.
    People with obsessions often cannot! It is a matter of needed deliverance.

Ma'am

What about the babies who will get aborted today? What sins did they commit?
    What is your point?

Especially if you have borne false witness against the LDS.
    I haven't done so, to my knowledge.

Do you believe He came for the LDS? Because some of you Calvinists believe that Jesus didn't die for Mormons.
    Yes, He came for everyone--****sexual, those in cults, Catholics, Protestants, blacks, whites, Africans, Americans, Jews, Gentiles--everyone.

Do you think you are righteous?
    Only in Jesus Christ.

I like this one: "Anti-LDS Evangelicals aren't perfect--they're just the elite, elect of God, even though they didn't do anything different from what LDS people did."
    I didn't write that so I don't know to what you are referring.

What is your point?

I haven't done so, to my knowledge.

Yes, He came for everyone--****sexual, those in cults, Catholics, Protestants, blacks, whites, Africans, Americans, Jews, Gentiles--everyone.

Only in Jesus Christ.

I didn't write that so I don't know to what you are referring.
    They just have no clue about the Gospel, the Good News. All they know is the bad news of Joe Smith, conman and ritual magician.

nrajeffreturns

What is your point?
    My point was that you are mistaken if you think that babies have sinned. And you are mistaken if you think the Bible teaches that babies commit sin.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Since Jesus the Christ is the chief corner stone of those that He has called to be the stones of his CHURCH the Stated mission has been to seek and save those who are lost in sin, just as He reached into the mess that is the world and drew us out and made us whole.. This christianity you have heard of is foreign to me.. It must be like mormonism, a counterfeit of the Church Jesus promise to build, a Church that He will sustain even if attacked by the gates of hell.. IHS jim
    I'm afraid Jeff wouldn't know the Gospel or a Christian Church if they came up and bumped into him. He's totally indoctrinated in cultic beliefs! No room for Jesus at all!

nrajeffreturns

I'm afraid Jeff wouldn't know the Gospel
    Gospel: The gospel of Christ is that He is the Son of God and Savior of the world and only way to salvation who atoned for people's sins and was resurrected after He died.

or a Christian Church
    Christian Church: A church that teaches the gospel of Christ.

if they came up and bumped into him.
    If a church ever bumps into me, it's gonna be kind of disturbing. I guess it could happen if an earthquake were occurring.

He's totally indoctrinated in cultic beliefs!
    Like the belief that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world and only way to salvation who atoned for people's sins and was resurrected after He died? I guess to a non-believer that might seem pretty "whack."

No room for Jesus at all!
    There is no room for a being who is literally 3 separate persons and who is literally omnipresent. Because by definition, such a being takes up a whole lotta space!

James Banta

[nrajeffreturns;149903]Gospel: The gospel of Christ is that He is the Son of God and Savior of the world and only way to salvation who atoned for people's sins and was resurrected after He died.
    Good Jeff, where are the Law and ordinances that are listed in mormonism as part of the Gospel? Is baptism included in that definition? How about the laying on of hand, priesthood, or celestial marriage? Are the ten commandments , or any laws God has given to us part of the Gospel? I don't see them in your definition. If that is the Gospel, then anything that has been added to it like the ordinances I have here asked you about here have no place in the understanding the real Gospel of Jesus Christ. In short the gospel taught in the LDS church is not the Gospel taught in the Bible. The LDS church has clearly added obedience to Laws, and the completion of ordinances to the gospel..

AofF 3
    We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

Christian Church: A church that teaches the gospel of Christ.
    This would mean that because the LDS church teaches another gospel, a gospel of laws and ordinances, it is not a Christian church.. It is the invention of a man based on what seems right to him, instead of what is right to God..

Like the belief that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world and only way to salvation who atoned for people's sins and was resurrected after He died? I guess to a non-believer that might seem pretty "whack."
    Does the LDS church teach that all the other Christian churches that teach that "Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world and only way to salvation who atoned for people's sins and was resurrected after He died" are just as true and have the same authority as the LDS church does? Or does it teach that they are all wrong; that all their creeds are an abomination in God's sight; that their teaches are all corrupt; that: they draw near to God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof (JSH 19). Has that changed or do the LDS still see all the Christian churches to still be in that same place.. I don't see that being consistent with how you have defined the the Gospel or the Church in your post..

There is no room for a being who is literally 3 separate persons and who is literally omnipresent. Because by definition, such a being takes up a whole lotta space!
    Oh, at last your denial of God.. What did Solomom say about the temple He built for the worship of God? Do you know? Let me bring it to your attention:

1 Kings 8:27
    But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built

Unknowingly you have agreed with God's word.. God is "literally 3 separate persons and who is literally omnipresent. Because by definition, such a being takes up a whole lotta space".. You are on the right road now makes these things your foundational faith and as you reject all else that disagrees with these teachings I will be able to call you brother.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 12-04-2013 at 09:42 AM.

James Banta

And since you believe that any sin is an unforgivable sin, then all of us have committed the unpardonable sin, right?
    Not until we leave this world. For God teaches us in His word that "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." When night comes no more work can be done.. Those that have not come to Jesus to have Him become sin for them and be made the righteousness of God in Him, will find that all their other sin will have been forgiven them (Matthew 12:31).. Only the sin of denying the Holy Spirit in His leading you to the cross will be left on your account (Matthew 12:31).. It will be that sin and only that sin that will bring a man to the Lake of Fire.. If you yield to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and come to Jesus in faith believing, then that sin will not be there against a person either.. Though the work of Jesus salvation will be available since such a believer will have the righteousness of Jesus and not stand before God in the sin of their denials.. IHS jim