Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Before You Join the Mormons, Do the Research!

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    I agree that Calvinism and the Ath. Creed, when taken to their logical conclusions, are very disgusting. And what they say about the fate of people who die without accepting Calvinism and the Creed is a great example of why all Christians should reject Calvinism and the Ath. Creed.
    Can you show me in TULIP where rejection of the creed means anything.. Or that a person must believe the creeds. What we see the Bible demanding is that we believe in Jesus.. Since the Bible makes that demand it is only logical that the Jesus taught is the Bible is the Jesus where salvations rests.. The thing is TULIP and the creeds teach only what is found in the Bible.. If you deny that, show me ONE doctrine taught in there in them that denies or changes any doctrine found in the Bible.. Since their logical conclusions, are very disgusting. Since it is clear to you that they teach that a denial of Calvinism and the Creeds are a requirement for salvation you should be able to tell me why that is true. Can you? IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Explains a lot.
    Yes it explains that they are boring.. What does that explain to you.. Maybe you see the same disrespect in NE words as we see in your and jeff's when you say it? IHS jim

Ma'am

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

Thank you for a wonderful post. How my heart breaks knowing that all my family is caught up in Mormonism and because I and James left it, we are outcasts. Even with that, we look to Christ for He is our Savior and loved us so much, he gave up his life for us. He took all our sins upon himself and took our place on the cross. I owe him everything for only 5 years ago when James was so ill and then almost killed in a car accident, I became very angry with God. My sin was great for the anger I felt within me and how I felt that God had abandoned me. Let me say, it was a wake up call for me. As I actually laid on my living room floor, sobbing to God for I was so alone at the time, but He was there. My eyesopened and the Holy Spirit comforted me and let me see how wrong I was. Prayers were answered when James' outcome was very grime. And yet, even though I was told that James would be in the ICU for a week, he spent one day, yes, only one day. Praise God for those answered prayers and I can say with all sincerity, that I've witnessed many answers to prayer since. I worship a loving & caringFather in Heaven. His only commandment for us is that we love and accept His son, Jesus Christ, nothing more. We don't have to work out our salvation for we receive it the second we accept Christ and turn our lives over to him. He leads us, and works in us and changes us. As a believer, we want to live for him and forsake doing evil. Without him in my life, I wouldn't make it through one day. He is my rock and my strength. During the darkest time in my life, he carried me when I didn't have the strength to go on. Thank you Father for your enduring love.
    This is what awaits a person who will accept Jesus Christ, the knowledge that He is always there and will never forsake you. He will give you a new life and as you grow in Him, you will learn more about Him then you ever knew was possible. You will have the ***urance that when your eyes close for the last time, you will go to Him and live with Him for eternity, that all past sins will have been forgotten and you will never face judgment for Christ has stood in your place. God is there waiting, He is patient, won't you accept His free gift of love?
    I once spoke with an elderly lady in her 90's who said she didn't see how anyone got through even one day without Jesus Christ. You would probably agree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I once spoke with an elderly lady in her 90's who said she didn't see how anyone got through even one day without Jesus Christ. You would probably agree with her.
    Oh, isn't that the truth! Every day has troubles sufficient unto the day! Without the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, our days would be miserable! I praise God every morning and evening for sending His dear Son to earth to pay for the sins of all who believe in him!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Can you show me in TULIP where rejection of the creed means anything.
    I can show you in the Creed where rejecting any part of its Trinitarianism statements sends you to hell.

Or that a person must believe the creeds.
    By 400 A.D., Christianity required that you publicly state your belief in the dogmas in the Nicene Creed, and if you refused you could be excommunicated or banished from your hometown, or eventually even killed.

What we see the Bible demanding is that we believe in Jesus.
    That is true.

Since the Bible makes that demand it is only logical that the Jesus taught is the Bible is the Jesus where salvations rests.
    The question is: Does my salvation depend on me believing what YOU claim the Bible is teaching about Jesus?
    I don't see the Bible saying anything of the sort.

The thing is TULIP and the creeds teach only what is found in the Bible.
    That is false.

If you deny that
    which I do

show me ONE doctrine taught in there in them that denies or changes any doctrine found in the Bible.
    Trinitarian dogmas add stuff like literal oneness, literal omnipresence, and absolute omnipotence and sovereignty, and Calvinism adds capricious unfairness to God's character.