Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not for the Humor-Impared (part 2)

Sir

Default Not for the Humor-Impared (part 2)

Here is a really good example of the kind of insanity cultists of Anti-LDS Inc. resort to. Watch this exchange between me and a rabid Anti-Mo (Theo). Watch how quickly Anti-LDS make accusations and then when LDS defend themselves the Anti-LDS cry 'Personal Attack!!':

Russ: LDS at CARM avoid testimonies other than their own.

Me: I got about 45 minutes into it. Don't really need to see more.

But I am LDS, and at CARM, and didn't avoid it.

Theo: So if a critic were only to read half of the Book of Mormon, and on that basis reject it, you would be okay about it, and you wouldn't be whining that they needed to read the whole thing before making a determination?

Me: I would be okay about it. There is so much great stuff about Jesus Christ in the first half of the Book of Mormon that if someone only read that much and rejected it, they probably would reject the rest anyway.

Theo: Serously?!

Me: Well, sure!

Theo: Why don't I believe you?

Me: Because you are an Anti-Mormon/ LDS-critic, and that's what critics do.

Just look at the start of this thread. The first response to Russ' OP was Russ, making the first attack on the LDS.

It's what you guys do.

Theo: Russ bumped the thread after 11 hours, where it probably got buried into page 2. You guys complain when we bump a thread after only one hour, and now you whine when we bump threads after 11 hours? Seriously? Yet Mormons "bump" threads all the time, nice double standard you have there.

As for "attacking LDS", I didn't see it as an "attack" at all. But you guy seem to interpret anything other than a blind proclamation of "Mormonism is true!" to be an "attack". And since your entire church was started as an "attack" on Christianity, I'm not really impressed with your whining. More double standards

Me: I think thou protesteth too much.

Theo: <chuckle>

You don't want us to respond, so that your whines will stand unrefuted.

So if we respond, you engage in personal attack.

Me: You should really re-read your posts before accusing others of whining.

Theo: Thank you for the personal attack.
    God will bless me for it, and He will hold you to account.

--------------------------

See? Anti-LDS Inc. will accuse a Mormon of "whining". As soon as the Mormon turns it around and say the Anti-LDS person is the one whining, they cry "Personal attack!!!!"

ROFL

nrajeffreturns

Theo is a hoot. I liked his recent ton of hypocrisy when he posted his belief that the Bible doesn't claim its authors were inspired, and then later lectures us for asking him what he believed about something because his beliefs are off topic for the forum.

A keeper

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Theo is a hoot. I liked his recent ton of hypocrisy when he posted his belief that the Bible doesn't claim its authors were inspired, and then later lectures us for asking him what he believed about something because his beliefs are off topic for the forum.

A keeper
    Again, Theo doesn't post here.. Take your complaints back to CARM.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    These aren't complaints, James.

These are little nuggets of hypocritical goodness!!! They make us smile.

That's why this thread is not for the humor-impaired.

So you probably should just stop reading this thread now, since it isn't for you.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    These aren't complaints, James.

These are little nuggets of hypocritical goodness!!! They make us smile.

That's why this thread is not for the humor-impaired.

So you probably should just stop reading this thread now, since it isn't for you.
    You add it to the forum and you lose the right to tell people they can't read it. You lose the right to prevent people from committing on it. I have been told I have a keen sense of humor but I see NOTHING FUNNY about the your personally critical posts against a person who doesn't even post here.. Since you don't know me very well you really have no way to make personal judgments about me.. IHS jim

Believe it or not, I actually got suspended once for pointing out the fact that AntiMormons like; Theo, Brian, FatherJD... All their replies can quickly be broken down into only three answers to everything a Mormon will say.

1. "Nuh-Uh" (without providing a reason as to why not)
    2. "It's not exactly the same! (without providing a reason as to why not)
    3. Take it to another forum!

Now I have recently toyed with the idea of adding a fourth, "You have no idea what you are talking about" (without providing a reason as to why not) response. But that is really just a combination of answers 1 and 2.

Sir

You add it to the forum and you lose the right to tell people they can't read it. You lose the right to prevent people from committing on it.
    Good grief, Jimmy! You really need some fresh Wasatch air! I don't care if you read OR post. I'm just saying that if you don't find it funny, probably better not to read.

Don't you continually invite people like me to leave the forum? Hahahaha

I have been told I have a keen sense of humor but I see NOTHING FUNNY about the your personally critical posts against a person who doesn't even post here..
    I know you have a sense of humor. I just read all your stuff about how Jesus is still on the cross and still in Heaven and still in Hell. You are a pretty funny guy.

Since you don't know me very well you really have no way to make personal judgments about me.. IHS jim
    Huh? Why did you bring yourself into this as though we are making personal judgments against you? Do you have a victim-complex?

The only things I know about you is that you are known to have a keen sense of humor and you cheated on your wife. So I can comment on that, right?

nrajeffreturns

Yeah, well, Joseph Smith doesn't post here, and Thomas Monson doesn't post here....yet SOME posters here think it's okay to criticize THEM in this forum.....

...so obviously "He doesn't post here" isn't a good enough reason to tell people they shouldn't criticize a person...right?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually got suspended once for pointing out the fact that AntiMormons like; Theo, Brian, FatherJD... All their replies can quickly be broken down into only three answers to everything a Mormon will say.

1. "Nuh-Uh" (without providing a reason as to why not)
    2. "It's not exactly the same! (without providing a reason as to why not)
    3. Take it to another forum!

Now I have recently toyed with the idea of adding a fourth, "You have no idea what you are talking about" (without providing a reason as to why not) response. But that is really just a combination of answers 1 and 2.
    These people do not post here.. You have come to the wrong complaint department.. If CARM won't hear you, and you continue to believe that they are unfair, unfair to you, STOP POSTING THERE.. I know of no requirement that requires you to do so.. At any rate, there is nothing we here at WM can do about it.. Either 1. put up with it. 2. complain to the Mods. or 3. Leave CARM.. Those are your choices.. But which ever tact you take.. WM is not the right place to make YOUR COMPLAINTS.. IHS jim

Sir

Yeah, well, Joseph Smith doesn't post here, and Thomas Monson doesn't post here....yet SOME posters here think it's okay to criticize THEM in this forum.....

...so obviously "He doesn't post here" isn't a good enough reason to tell people they shouldn't criticize a person...right?
    Sound logic is not heard by the deaf.

Great point!

James Banta

Sound logic is not heard by the deaf.

Great point!
    I agree.. It sure isn't by either you or jeff.. IHS jim

Sir

I agree.. It sure isn't by either you or jeff.. IHS jim
    Aww, c'mon, Jimbo. You could try to come up with something other than "I know you are but what am I", couldn't you?

Snow Patrol

These people do not post here.. You have come to the wrong complaint department.. If CARM won't hear you, and you continue to believe that they are unfair, unfair to you, STOP POSTING THERE.. I know of no requirement that requires you to do so.. At any rate, there is nothing we here at WM can do about it.. Either 1. put up with it. 2. complain to the Mods. or 3. Leave CARM.. Those are your choices.. But which ever tact you take.. WM is not the right place to make YOUR COMPLAINTS.. IHS jim
    I participated at CARM for several years. I was warned for very ridiculous reasons and was even banned for a couple of weeks. All for very lame reasons. I got so sick of the hypocrisy that I couldn't stand it anymore. I enjoy the posts by others that have remained at CARM. It is fun to periodically find out that nothing has changed. So I say, keep them coming.

nrajeffreturns

Thanks, SP. It's just interesting to observe the double standards in action.

Anti-LDS: You'd have to be really retarded to be a Mormon.

Pro-LDS: That is pretty insulting, to call all LDS people retards.

Moderator: Pro-LDS person, you have received an infraction for insulting an anti-LDS person.

Sir

Thanks, SP. It's just interesting to observe the double standards in action.

Anti-LDS: You'd have to be really retarded to be a Mormon.

Pro-LDS: That is pretty insulting, to call all LDS people retards.

Moderator: Pro-LDS person, you have received an infraction for insulting an anti-LDS person.
    Reminds me of when ArmoredYak used a phrase that is synonomous with a graphic and vile pronographic act in order to make a jab at Mormonism.

When I posted that it was terribly inappropriate and explained the meaning of what Yak said, I got the infraction for writing dirty things on the forum.

Nothing happened to Yak's post.

LOL

nrajeffreturns

Reminds me of when ArmoredYak used a phrase that is synonomous with a graphic and vile pronographic act in order to make a jab at Mormonism.

When I posted that it was terribly inappropriate and explained the meaning of what Yak said, I got the infraction for writing dirty things on the forum.

LOL
    It almost seems as if the mods overlook his vile, disgusting language because they take pity on his mental condition. Or maybe he is Slick's nephew.

James Banta

LOL
    And this was posted where? On Walter Martin? NO... This was on CARM.. A forum that even I left because I could see it's misuse. I will tell you that WM is NOT the sounding board to complain about CARM.. This is a form to discuss mormonism.. Try doing that.. This display of your anger about CARM is just why Jill outlawed the discussion of other forums.. You are no misusing the freedom She is allowing here on WM.. Out of curtsy to Jill for providing this forum please just let such discussion drop.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

And this was posted where? On Walter Martin? NO... This was on CARM.. A forum that even I left because I could see it's misuse. I will tell you that WM is NOT the sounding board to complain about CARM.. This is a form to discuss mormonism.. Try doing that.. This display of your anger about CARM is just why Jill outlawed the discussion of other forums.. You are no misusing the freedom She is allowing here on WM.. Out of curtsy to Jill for providing this forum please just let such discussion drop.. IHS jim
    I don't care what anyone post about me or whatever. The only thing I dislike is persons like Sir. Who never give an answer to what he thinks is embarr***ing to the LDSinc. How weak one's faith must be to shy away when the unconfortablehits them.

Sir

Yeah, you've already said all that before.

We are not "angry" at all. To the contrary we are quite happy!

You read into our emotions as good as you do our doctrines.

Not very good.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I don't care what anyone post about me or whatever. The only thing I dislike is persons like Sir. Who never give an answer to what he thinks is embarr***ing to the LDSinc. How weak one's faith must be to shy away when the unconfortablehits them.
    You don't have to like me.

I answered your question a long time ago. You just didn't like the answer.

No surprise.

That's the life of an Antimo

RealFakeHair

You don't have to like me.

I answered your question a long time ago. You just didn't like the answer.

No surprise.

That's the life of an Antimo
    OH shoot, I missed the answer, what a surprise, but in case others out there missed it I'll asks it again. When did Jesus become equal with his God?

Sir

OH shoot, I missed the answer, what a surprise, but in case others out there missed it I'll asks it again. When did Jesus become equal with his God?
    Sometime before His incarnation, but not until after His resurrection did He have a body like his God in order to be fully like God.

RealFakeHair

So the Holy Bible lied again?
    Oh, thanks for your answer. Now all is well.

nrajeffreturns

So the Holy Bible lied again?
    You believe it's lied before?

RealFakeHair

You believe it's lied before?
    I am not smart enough to know which parts of the Holy Bible was translated correctly and which were not, so not to take a chance in being wrong, I believe it all from cover to cover and even the cover.
    Now since the Holy Bible says, Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with his God, I take it Sir. doesn't believe that part of the scriptures. However I'll let him speak for himself.