Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mormon "Righteousness" is Filth in God's Eyes

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    I hope you understand that I'll go by what God says and not your evaluation. ;-)
    What? You doubt my word! How dare you!!!!
    You might try and prove me wrong, but the research I've done tells me different.

Ma'am

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    LOL! I'm one of those myself.
    We are all rich in Jesus Christ, no matter what our bank balance is!

nrajeffreturns

Lie #1. You will need to provide proof that LDS priesthood leadership claim that Mormons keep all the commandments.
    That does indeed look like a lie, so I would like to see her defend it.

nrajeffreturns

If they have been baptized then they aren't "might be" members. I am thankful that the Church does not discard members like Christian Churches do if they don't show up for a while. My father is one of those people. He didn't go to church for close to 30 years but is now regularly attending again. I'm very thankful that he was always sought after and fellowshipped.
    That is a very valid point. Once our bishop was in need of a counselor, and the man he was inspired to call to the position hadn't been to church in 20 or so years. But he accepted the calling and was a great counselor, active in the church until his death.

What about Righteousness - Who has it?

A. There is none righteous, no, not one! We are entirely corrupt (Rom 3:10-12; Psalm 14:1-3; 53:1-3).
    B. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God – we are bankrupt in righteousness (Rom 3:23).
    C. You cannot find one man born of a woman that is clean and righteous before God (*** 15:14-16).
    D. Do not be deceived on this matter! Do not deny the truth! You are desperately wicked (Jer 17:9).
    E. Paul thought he was righteous, but God’s law exposed his filthiness (Rom 7:7-13; Philippians 3:6).
    F. Not by works of righteousness, which we have done, but God’s mercy must save us (Ti tus 3:5). (from: http://www.letgodbetrue.com/pdf/clot...hteousness.pdf)

Mormons are unable to grasp the fact that they have nothing to offer God - (or in their case, the gods). They are totally lost. Salvation depends totally on God's mercy - but they have rejected that out of hand.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

nrajeffreturns

What about Righteousness - Who has it?
    Certain anti-LDS people do, apparently: SELF-righteousness!

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Jeff if we believe and teach that Jesus gives us HIS righteousness as we give Him our sin, just how can that be self righteousness? Remember we teach that "God made Jesus to be sin, He who know no sin that we can be made the righteousness of God in Him". Since no unclean thing can enter the Glory of God unto eternal life, those who believe is Him have been given that righteousness in the promise of everlasting life bestowed on them though Faith.. Are there any LDS that are righteous? If so where did their righteousness come from? IHS jim

No, that would be Joey Smith you're talking about - Mr. Arrogance himself.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    And the treasure of Christians is in heaven; Mormons count wealth on earth and crave it!

Ma'am

And the treasure of Christians is in heaven; Mormons count wealth on earth and crave it!
    Isn't the LDS one of the wealthiest organizations on earth? Or at least, in the US?

nrajeffreturns

Seems like it's the antis who are craving the wealth that the LDS have...I mean, look at all the posts bringing up the wealth of our church. It ain't US that are doing that....

neverending

Seems like it's the antis who are craving the wealth that the LDS have...I mean, look at all the posts bringing up the wealth of our church. It ain't US that are doing that....
    The problem with the LDS members is that they never give it any thought to how much money they bring in. Things are taken for granted it would seem. What bothers Christians is not that we envy anything, we only see that the LDS Church has become a business and we do know it is a Corporation since there is the Corporation of the 1st Presidency.
    When there are so many people through out this country and around the world in need, I think it would be wise to do more to help those less fortunate but nope, let's buy up land and build a huge mall and million dollar condos. Your Church even bought a block of downtown Salt Lake, which also had part of our Main Street running through it. That has made it difficult for drivers to maneuver as everyone has to drive around that block which has caused a hardship on many. The Church receives profits from all of these ventures as well. God told us that we were to treasure up things in heaven, not of earth. You can't take it with you. Reminds me of a cartoon I saw once where a man had died and on the way to the cemetery to bury him, there was a truck pulling a U-Haul.

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    The problem with the LDS members is that they never give it any thought to how much money they bring in.
    You may be partly right there--we probably don't give too much thought to how much money we're making, as a rule. But I wouldn't call it a problem. We realize we're blessed, and that's about all the thought we give to the subject. It's God's money, and if He allows us to have some of it, we try to be grateful, and use it for good purposes. With some of the money I get, I donate to Feed the Children and the Salvation Army, for example. I also donate to the ACLJ because I think Jay Sekulow is doing important work.

What bothers Christians is not that we envy anything
    99% of the world's Christians don't give a second thought to how blessed the LDS church is. They have lives to live. The only Christians who obsess over this is a very small minority faction of Evangelicalism. A faction that comprises less than 1% of Christendom.

Sir

I also donate to the ACLJ because I think Jay Sekulow is doing important work.

Nice!!!!

I agree about the ACLJ

I wonder if the Mormons here had their lives laid open like a book - how many would be able to get a temple recommend. My guess is none.

nrajeffreturns

I wonder if the Mormons here had their lives laid open like a book - how many would be able to get a temple recommend. My guess is none.
    Your guesses have been consistently wrong in the past, so why break the trend now?

Your guesses have been consistently wrong in the past, so why break the trend now?
    LOL.

I guess it is hard for those who have not experienced the help of Holy Ghost to live righteously do not believe it is really possible.

I know so many people well who are so good and so righteous. They really are a living testimony to the gospel of Jesus Christ and that it does change the hearts of men. Put me in a group of temple worthy Mormons and I know I am in a safe place.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    All the Mormon "treasures" laid up on earth will be destroyed in the end - only that done for Jesus will remain!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    LOL.

I guess it is hard for those who have not experienced the help of Holy Ghost to live righteously do not believe it is really possible.

I know so many people well who are so good and so righteous. They really are a living testimony to the gospel of Jesus Christ and that it does change the hearts of men. Put me in a group of temple worthy Mormons and I know I am in a safe place.
    Yeah, Julie, safe from the Gospel, that's for sure.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    LOL.

What an ego, and you are correct, I don't know what it is like to have Joseph Smith jr. Spirit in my heart.
    I do know my righteousnesses is as filthy rags.