Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Satan and the Mormon Temple "Secret" Rites! Don't Get Involved!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Do you know who you left out of your repentance process? JESUS!
    That is a given--the term repentance qualifies that He is central to the process.

You did see how I dealt with this sin I am not even sure where I entered it.. I showed the LDS 8 points of repentance and how I have met every step.. NOT ONE DID I NEGLECT.. Only I went a step further.. I confessed this to everyone in my church.. There were a few like you that judged me severely. I was my own harshest judge.. Even my Pastor told me that repentance to God means I had to trust Him to do what He promised to do.. And that as I confessed my sin He was faithful and just to forgive my sin and cleanse me of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)..
    Then why do you spend so much time on here acting as if your sin of adultery is no different than a white lie?

You are right about believing different that I do about the severity of sin.. I don't believe that adultery is as trivial as lying I believe that lying is as serious as adultery.. Instead of making up my own rules I have believed God.. He is the One through the Apostle James that tells us that if we were to keep His own Law except for one point (He doesn't tell us that this point had to be anything special) we become guilty of all His Law (James 2:10).. Really if you don't want to believe that fine, that is what I expect. It's not hard to believe that a nonbeliever disbelieves the Bible..
    I did not say that lying is not a sin...and certainly lying is part of adultery. But equating a white lie with adultery to me is strange. And I do not read this part of the Bible as you do. I do not read that if we can't keep one part of the law, we should believe that we are unable to do any part of the law. In fact, I believe that as we show faith in Christ, we become perfected and our ability to keep the law becomes easier and easier.

It is funny though that this p***age is in the same context that the LDS I meet are are always throwing up as proof for works based salvation.. Yes it's in the Faith without works p***age.. But that part is true BECAUSE YOU AGREE WITH IT.. James 2 10 is false because YOU DISAGREE WITH IT. I believe that yes if a man say He has faith but has no works his faith is dead being alone.. But Julie I also believe God that if we live the whole law and fail in just one thing one time we are then guilty of the whole of God's Law.. Then I believe God in all His words He has preserved for us in His word the Bible.. You don't seem to believe Him at all.
    I think we believe this differently---because that is where I think baptism comes in....because we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory....but this does not, in anyway, make me think that adultery and a white lie are the same.

Yes Julie this was a very serious thing I did.. No denying that.. I hurt many people with my actions.. I have confessed to them, to God, and to His Church.. There is nothing I can do to recompense anyone over this.. All I can do is accept the promises of God and go forward.. I spent over a year in absolute despair that I fell so far and so fast. But God used even that to show me my place before Him.
    I am glad for you. But then why on earth do you go around acting like your adultery is trivial or in comparison to other things? It does seem you recognize that this sin was far more serious than a lot of them.

I don't deserve anything, I deserve hell because of my actions but His word, His promises tell me that God has made Him to be sin, He who knew no sin that I could be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21).. He said come let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet (AND MINE WAS) they will be white as wool (Isaiah 1:18).. I can believe you and fall back into guilty and mistrust of God, or I can rest in Him and trust what He has done for me and what He has promised.. You are a wonderful LDS woman. You love your church and your prophets.. I love God, trusting Him not even a good woman like you could ever replace that.. Membership in a church could never make up for what I did. Julie it was so serious it required the death of Jesus as testified by His blood.. Does that sound like I trivialize my sin? I feel the same way now about anything I do wrong.. And I ask the Holy Spirit to point out my failing now more than ever. I still sin way too much.. I have heard the LDS say oh you can say you believe in Jesus and then go sin all you want.. That is also backward. I believe in Jesus and I sin much more than I want.. IHS jim
    "made him to be sin"??? what do you mean by that? I don't want you to fall back into guilt and mistrust of God, but certainly, you need to stop spreading the false doctrine that one sin is the same as the other and that we cannot avoid these serious sins--you give excuse for people to go on and sin in serious ways and treat it as just another sin. I also love God and Christ. The prophets (those of today and those of yesterday testify of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ...that is why they are prophets). What? The LDS say you can believe in Christ and then go on and sin....are they talking about you---because that is what you appear to be saying....believe in God and your sins don't matter as one sin is the same as the next. That seems to be the doctrine you spread. To me, this gives cause for those who follow your false doctrine to believe that adultery is not different than telling a white lie.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

James, I have a question for you.

Let's say that you went into the kitchen and tempted by a plate of cookies, you ate the whole thing. Then, when your wife came in and asked if you ate the plate of cookies, you said no (out of shame and embarr***ment), this is my question(s):

Is this lie the same level of sin as committing adultery?
    Would you be expected to confess this sin to your pastor?
    Would you be expected to stand before your congregation and confess this sin?

For each question, can you please give a yes or no and a why or why not?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post

Is this lie the same level of sin as committing adultery?
    Are some sins Ok whereas others are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Are some sins Ok whereas others are not.
    Some sins require a deeper process of repentance because they are more serious in nature as James acknowledged---his pastor made him confess to the whole church. Would this have occurred if he had lied about eating a plate of cookies?

Unless, of course, I am wrong and the pastor would ask James to do that over a lie to his wife over eating a plate of cookies. James, would he/she have you do that?

Billyray

Some sins require a "deeper process of repentance" because they are more serious in nature as James acknowledged---
    What exactly do you mean when you say a "deeper process of repentance"?

1. What is the exact "Process of repentance" for lying?

2. What is the exact "Process of repentance" for adultery?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    What exactly do you mean when you say a "deeper process of repentance"?

1. What is the exact "Process of repentance" for lying?

2. What is the exact "Process of repentance" for adultery?
    We need to ask James. I asked him if he would have to confess his eating the plate of cookies to the congregation as he did with his adultery (as was directed by his pastor).

In the past, James has said that every sin (including a lie such as eating the cookies and lying about it) has the same level of serious and when I said that if I was his wife and he acted like a white lie was the same as committing adultery, I personally would find that offensive and abusive (if I was his wife.)

He then told me that he went through 8 steps to repent, including confessing to his whole congregation (as asked to by his pastor) for his sin of adultery. I asked him if he would be required to do the same thing for eating a plate of cookies and then telling his wife he didn't.

I am not sure why you have inserted yourself into this conversation--other than maybe you don't think James can answer these simple questions.

But, I will ask you---do you think you would need to confess eating a plate of cookies and telling your wife you didn't to your whole congregation? Why would James' pastor ask him to do that for his adultery?

James Banta

I don't have to do it. What I can show you is that God does build temples for His people and they are a covenant people.
    There is no evidence anywhere that a Temple as the LDS builds temples has ever been constructed in the Christian Era.. There have been buildings that have been called temples but they have been nothing more than Church buildings.. But the Bible teaches that the Christian believer is the Temple of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Other than the heart of the believer there are no Christian Temples.. God tells us that many false prophets will present themselves with signs and wonders, and if they say that God is in the desert or their inner rooms we are not to believe them (Matthew 24:24-26).. We must be convinced that His word is the truth and God dwells within the believer..

If you have any Biblical scripture that shows different I would like to see it. Saying you can show that God would build temples for His people is one things showing that temples were ever built in the Christian era is a whole different story.. So please show this Biblical evidence that anything other than the Christian themselves are the temple of God.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    It goes to show some temples are more beautiful than others lol.

There is no evidence anywhere that a Temple as the LDS builds temples has ever been constructed in the Christian Era.. There have been buildings that have been called temples but they have been nothing more than Church buildings.. But the Bible teaches that the Christian believer is the Temple of God.

Other than the heart of the believer there are no Christian Temples.. God tells us that many false prophets will present themselves with signs and wonders, and if they say that God is in the desert or their inner rooms we are not to believe them (Matthew 24:24-26).. We must be convinced that His word is the truth and God dwells within the believer..

If you have any Biblical scripture that shows different I would like to see it. Saying you can show that God would build temples for His people is one things showing that temples were ever built in the Christian era is a whole different story.. So please show this Biblical evidence that anything other than the Christian themselves are the temple of God.. IHS jim
    Yes, many false prophets will present themselves with signs and wonders. But God tells us that we can tell the difference between truth and error as we learn to recognize the Spirit of God. As far as the temple---the evidence is in the experiencing and living it and witnessing the truth of it. God has promised to gather his people. His work is not finished and as such, His instruction is not finished. Unlike you, I do not believe in a closed cannon and that God no longer directs His people.

That said, you did not answer my question: (Are you avoiding it?)

Would your pastor require you to confess to the congregation if you told your wife you did not eat a plate of cookies when you did?

neverending

We need to ask James. I asked him if he would have to confess his eating the plate of cookies to the congregation as he did with his adultery (as was directed by his pastor).

In the past, James has said that every sin (including a lie such as eating the cookies and lying about it) has the same level of serious and when I said that if I was his wife and he acted like a white lie was the same as committing adultery, I personally would find that offensive and abusive (if I was his wife.)

He then told me that he went through 8 steps to repent, including confessing to his whole congregation (as asked to by his pastor) for his sin of adultery. I asked him if he would be required to do the same thing for eating a plate of cookies and then telling his wife he didn't.

I am not sure why you have inserted yourself into this conversation--other than maybe you don't think James can answer these simple questions.

But, I will ask you---do you think you would need to confess eating a plate of cookies and telling your wife you didn't to your whole congregation? Why would James' pastor ask him to do that for his adultery?
    ATTENTION!!! I am getting ****ed off with all the comments about what my husband did over 14 years ago!! It is enough that I have forgiven him as well as God. NOW ALL YOU WOULD BE JUDGES, SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO INTERFER IN OUR MARRIAGE NOR TO SIT IN JUDGMENT! CONTINUING WITH YOUR COMMENTS IS CRUEL, HATEFUL AND IF YOU WISH TO SLING MUG, I AM VERY GOOD AND SLINGING IT BACK! WANT TO BRING ON THE REALLY NASTY THINGS OF MORMONISM? I AM MORE THEN WILLING. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BE CIVIL IN MY COMMENTS BUT THIS HAS GONE TO FAR!!

neverending

i am waiting for your proof about isaiah. I am not familiar with anything he said concerning temple covenants. Is this more of your lds falsehoods that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? You seem to have opened a can of worms with your lastest comment and bringing up a hurtful time within my marriage. You and all your counterparts enjoy rubbing salt into a wound? You make me sick all of you!! The gloves have now come off and everything is fair game!

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    ATTENTION!!! I am getting ****ed off with all the comments about what my husband did over 14 years ago!! It is enough that I have forgiven him as well as God. NOW ALL YOU WOULD BE JUDGES, SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO INTERFER IN OUR MARRIAGE NOR TO SIT IN JUDGMENT! CONTINUING WITH YOUR COMMENTS IS CRUEL, HATEFUL AND IF YOU WISH TO SLING MUG, I AM VERY GOOD AND SLINGING IT BACK! WANT TO BRING ON THE REALLY NASTY THINGS OF MORMONISM? I AM MORE THEN WILLING. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BE CIVIL IN MY COMMENTS BUT THIS HAS GONE TO FAR!!
    I agree with you 100%. There is something to say about a group that can't let go. I have found this to be a part of the LDSinc. TBM conscience. Saddy, they don't know anything about the GRACE of God and his forgiveness. Our sins are thrown into the bottom of the sea of forgetfulness.
    I think if God has forgetten it so should we.

neverending

Shut up already! You go about with your eyes closed, believing anything that your false prophet tells you. If he told all members to jump off a cliff, would you? If he told everyone there was no hope and that all members were to go to their Ward Houses to drink poisoned Kool-Aid, would you follow blindly? Come down off your high horse Julie, you are not perfect but going about with false security, believing in a false Christ and a false god! It is YOU who needs to repent for worshipping false gods for to continue with your false beliefs you have condemned yourself to the Lake of Fire, your name is NOT written in God's Book of Life. There will be much begging, crying and pleading come the day of Judgment but you will be alone facing God and all the evil's you've done. Time to do some serious thinking Julie. You participate in a ritual that was manmade. The temple is a hoax taken from the Masons. Why would God want His people to participate in something so vile? Why is the ceremony almost word for word the same as the Masons? Use your brain that the good Lord gave you and stop believing in fairy tales and falsehoods. Why wasn't Solomon's Temple used for performing marriages if it was so important? If you know anything of the Bible, you know that the temple was used for animal sacrifices and nothing more! Why didn't Jesus Christ teach temple marriage if it was so important for one's salvation and your churches exaltation? I would think he would have spoken on this subject but he never did. Your religion is another gospel which Paul warned us about.....Gal. 1:8-9. It was told to us twice through Paul. Get out your Bible, dust it off and read Galatians. If J. Smith really saw an angel who gave him the instructions to start the Mormon Church then what Paul told us is the truth and you have been taught and preached another gospel your entire life.

James Banta

[QUOTE][BigJulie;150148]
    That is a given--the term repentance qualifies that He is central to the process.
    Oh I see , So when you pray you have no need to address your pray to the Father or confirm your words in the name of Jesus. After all that's a given?

Then why do you spend so much time on here acting as if your sin of adultery is no different than a white lie?
    As I said to us it is much different.. To God this is not any different than any other rebellion.. That is what we learn in James 2:10.. Seems you still refuse to believe Him. Little white lie are still lies and what do we call a persona that lie? A liar right? What does your own BofM teach as the final judgement of a liar? Doesn't it teach that they will be thrust down to hell (2 Nephi 9:34)? How is that different from the way God will punish the adulterer, or *****monger as the KJV puts it?

Rev 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I did not say that lying is not a sin...and certainly lying is part of adultery. But equating a white lie with adultery to me is strange. And I do not read this part of the Bible as you do. I do not read that if we can't keep one part of the law, we should believe that we are unable to do any part of the law. In fact, I believe that as we show faith in Christ, we become perfected and our ability to keep the law becomes easier and easier.
    What is then the difference before God in lying or adultery both make a person unrighteous before a Holy God.. All sin is serious to He tell us through Paul that "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?" (1 Cor 6:9)..

I think we believe this differently---because that is where I think baptism comes in....because we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory....but this does not, in anyway, make me think that adultery and a white lie are the same.
    No one except God does. Even our government see degrees of sin.. Theft by deception is less of a crime than armed robbery. The punishment is also not equal. But to God sin is sin.. You don't have to think like God to believe Him.. He says that if we offend the Law in one point we are guilty of all.. Like it or not that is His way.. All your denials can't change it.. So it's up to you will you believe God or will you demand that He is wrong and you know better? Did you read the verse? If you did and you believe that the Bible is the word of God how can you continue to contend against Him?

I am glad for you. But then why on earth do you go around acting like your adultery is trivial or in comparison to other things? It does seem you recognize that this sin was far more serious than a lot of them.
    Trivial? It almost destroyed me.. I nearly lost everything in my life that matters.. I nearly lost my faith.. If that is trivial then I don't understand the meaning of that word.. If it weren't for Jesus I see my sin as being soul destroying. Does that change the truth that God saw it as sin that must be punished and you have already stated what the wages of sin is.. One sin or a millions sins, murder, adultery, or even disbelief. According to the Bible God sees sin to be sin it must be punished with death..

"made him to be sin"??? what do you mean by that?
    I mean just what the Bible teaches.. Our difference here don't seem to be about believing God through His word the Bible.. I believe Him you seem to me doubting Him.. This is what I mean:

2 Corinthians 5:21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus took all our sin onto Himself.. Clear so far? And then offered the righteousness of God to all who would accept it.. That is all I mean.. Because the only command we must live is to be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect.. Only in being made the righteousness of God by Jesus taking our sin from us can we be perfect as He is perfect.. Anything short of that and we will see only judgment in the Lake of Fire.. I believe that since righteousness is the requirement for everlasting life and that is had only through believing on Jesus (John 3:16)m being made his righteousness is a very big deal.. And even if our sins be as scarlet He can and will make them white as wool to all that trust Him.. Trusting Him includes trusting the word He preserved for us.. Therefore "whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." That is God's word and the truth.. Your denials don't change the truth of God's word..

I don't want you to fall back into guilt and mistrust of God, but certainly, you need to stop spreading the false doctrine that one sin is the same as the other and that we cannot avoid these serious sins--you give excuse for people to go on and sin in serious ways and treat it as just another sin. I also love God and Christ. The prophets (those of today and those of yesterday testify of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ...that is why they are prophets). What? The LDS say you can believe in Christ and then go on and sin....are they talking about you---because that is what you appear to be saying....believe in God and your sins don't matter as one sin is the same as the next. That seems to be the doctrine you spread. To me, this gives cause for those who follow your false doctrine to believe that adultery is not different than telling a white lie.
    You actually call the word of God, false doctrine.. That is much more serious in my eyes than mere adultery. Unless you stop calling God a liar you will die in that sin and He will give you the judgment of spiritual death.. Yes saying I believe and am saved does make the LDS believe is giving myself license to sin.. But I tell you instead I tell you if I only sinned all I want I would be 100% sinless.. A Christian doesn't WANT to sin at all.. My adultery was not excused! It was forgiven.. The consequences were not dismissed either.. There were tears, eviction, love and trust lost.. It was hell on earth and I deserved every second of that torment plus more. I count your savage judgment as the continuation of that punishment.. That doesn't change the fact that I trust God through His promises that I have been made whole again.. I am now again white as wool. I have said all sin is deadly.. It is all going to be punished with eternal spiritual death.. It doesn't matter how bad you believe the sin is it is all deadly serious to God.. You tell me that you love God, but your actions here betray that.. You want to believe the Bible as far as you agree with it but if something is taught there you don't like, or you don't agree with then it is God that wrong not you, right? And that is what you call loving God.. I for one will never show Him my love by calling him wrong or saying that He lies.. And yet you deny that it's true that you deny that it os God's word that:

James 2:10
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Those in love with God believe Him.. They obey Him, and when they fail they confess the failure make it right as possible. Then trust Him that they are forgiven (1 John 1:9).. IHS jim

[QUOTE=James Banta;150181]
    [BigJulie;150148]

Oh I see , So when you pray you have no need to address your pray to the Father or confirm your words in the name of Jesus. After all that's a given?

As I said to us it is much different.. To God this is not any different than any other rebellion.. That is what we learn in James 2:10.. Seems you still refuse to believe Him. Little white lie are still lies and what do we call a persona that lie? A liar right? What does your own BofM teach as the final judgement of a liar? Doesn't it teach that they will be thrust down to hell (2 Nephi 9:34)? How is that different from the way God will punish the adulterer, or *****monger as the KJV puts it?

Rev 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

What is then the difference before God in lying or adultery both make a person unrighteous before a Holy God.. All sin is serious to He tell us through Paul that "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?" (1 Cor 6:9)..

No one except God does. Even our government see degrees of sin.. Theft by deception is less of a crime than armed robbery. The punishment is also not equal. But to God sin is sin.. You don't have to think like God to believe Him.. He says that if we offend the Law in one point we are guilty of all.. Like it or not that is His way.. All your denials can't change it.. So it's up to you will you believe God or will you demand that He is wrong and you know better? Did you read the verse? If you did and you believe that the Bible is the word of God how can you continue to contend against Him?

Trivial? It almost destroyed me.. I nearly lost everything in my life that matters.. I nearly lost my faith.. If that is trivial then I don't understand the meaning of that word.. If it weren't for Jesus I see my sin as being soul destroying. Does that change the truth that God saw it as sin that must be punished and you have already stated what the wages of sin is.. One sin or a millions sins, murder, adultery, or even disbelief. According to the Bible God sees sin to be sin it must be punished with death..

I mean just what the Bible teaches.. Our difference here don't seem to be about believing God through His word the Bible.. I believe Him you seem to me doubting Him.. This is what I mean:

2 Corinthians 5:21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus took all our sin onto Himself.. Clear so far? And then offered the righteousness of God to all who would accept it.. That is all I mean.. Because the only command we must live is to be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect.. Only in being made the righteousness of God by Jesus taking our sin from us can we be perfect as He is perfect.. Anything short of that and we will see only judgment in the Lake of Fire.. I believe that since righteousness is the requirement for everlasting life and that is had only through believing on Jesus (John 3:16)m being made his righteousness is a very big deal.. And even if our sins be as scarlet He can and will make them white as wool to all that trust Him.. Trusting Him includes trusting the word He preserved for us.. Therefore "whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." That is God's word and the truth.. Your denials don't change the truth of God's word..

You actually call the word of God, false doctrine.. That is much more serious in my eyes than mere adultery. Unless you stop calling God a liar you will die in that sin and He will give you the judgment of spiritual death.. Yes saying I believe and am saved does make the LDS believe is giving myself license to sin.. But I tell you instead I tell you if I only sinned all I want I would be 100% sinless.. A Christian doesn't WANT to sin at all.. My adultery was not excused! It was forgiven.. The consequences were not dismissed either.. There were tears, eviction, love and trust lost.. It was hell on earth and I deserved every second of that torment plus more. I count your savage judgment as the continuation of that punishment.. That doesn't change the fact that I trust God through His promises that I have been made whole again.. I am now again white as wool. I have said all sin is deadly.. It is all going to be punished with eternal spiritual death.. It doesn't matter how bad you believe the sin is it is all deadly serious to God.. You tell me that you love God, but your actions here betray that.. You want to believe the Bible as far as you agree with it but if something is taught there you don't like, or you don't agree with then it is God that wrong not you, right? And that is what you call loving God.. I for one will never show Him my love by calling him wrong or saying that He lies.. And yet you deny that it's true that you deny that it os God's word that:

James 2:10
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Those in love with God believe Him.. They obey Him, and when they fail they confess the failure make it right as possible. Then trust Him that they are forgiven (1 John 1:9).. IHS jim
    James, I must admit, I somewhat skimmed through this. I was searching for your answer as to whether or not your pastor would make your confess to your congregation regarding lying about eating a plate of cookies and why or why not?

You do not seem to have answered this question. Sorry---the rest of this discussion has already been had. You ***ured me that you did take your adultery serious and then had to confess it to your congregation. I understand that you believe that God sees all sins as equal or the same. I am wondering why your pastor would do this (if in fact your sin of adultery is the same as eating a plate of cookies and then lying about it.)

I do not care about what your husband did over 14 years ago. I am trying to understand how he sees this sin. I have no judgment for him on this, really. I am trying more to understand how he (James) sees it.

I have heard him discuss over and over that all sins are the same, that if we have broken any part of the law, we have broken all of it. That we are all filthy rags. I told him that if my husband committed adultery and then tried to p*** it off as I am just as bad as he is and in the same boat because I had lied about (for example) eating a plate of cookies, I would be ticked.

He then went on to explain the steps he took to repent and that he did take it seriously. (This is good for him).

But now I am trying to understand if the pastor would treat the sin of lying about eating a plate of cookies the same as adultery. I am trying to understand how James understands this because to me, it appears on one hand he acknowledges is as serious and then on the other hand tries to excuse his behavior by making it no different than any other sin in the eyes of God. Well, if it is no different then any other sin--why the confession to the whole congregation---unless we have to do that for EVERY sin? Why would the pastor treat it differently if God doesn't see it differently?

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I agree with you 100%. There is something to say about a group that can't let go. I have found this to be a part of the LDSinc. TBM conscience. Saddy, they don't know anything about the GRACE of God and his forgiveness. Our sins are thrown into the bottom of the sea of forgetfulness.
    I think if God has forgetten it so should we.
    No, I have always believed and have stated I believe that James can be forgiven. I also said, that if my husband was going around stating that adultery was no different from any other sin (in the eyes of God), I would not be happy.

But then James explained that this sin was treated differently and that he did take the steps of repentance which (to me) seem more than one would do for telling a white lie.

Now I am asking him to explain. I could care less about the adultery. James is not my husband. I care more to understand to know how he reconciles what he says with what he actually did.

James Banta

[BigJulie;150173]Yes, many false prophets will present themselves with signs and wonders. But God tells us that we can tell the difference between truth and error as we learn to recognize the Spirit of God. As far as the temple---the evidence is in the experiencing and living it and witnessing the truth of it. God has promised to gather his people. His work is not finished and as such, His instruction is not finished. Unlike you, I do not believe in a closed cannon and that God no longer directs His people.

That said, you did not answer my question: (Are you avoiding it?)
    Who said that I deny that God can give us His word of truth again? he is God , He can and does operate according to His will.. What God will not do is teach contrary to the word He has already given.. If He through the Savior says that He is Spirit then HE IS SPIRIT. If He teaches that a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone like the resurrection body of the Lord than a spirit has no flesh or bone.. He He tells us that whosoever believe in Him HAS everlasting life then who ever believes HAS EVERLASTING LIFE.. If He says that whose who keep the whole Law except one point is guilty of the whole law then those are guilty of the whole law.. These things will not change.. Any other word God therefore gives to us WILL agree with these things. He will never come to us and tell us that there are three God.. He has already told us that He in ONE LORD.. These prophet that come attempting to deceive the Church and even try to change God's word to "correct" the changes mere men installed in it.. Such as they are the false prophets and lying teachers..

Would your pastor require you to confess to the congregation if you told your wife you did not eat a plate of cookies when you did?
    I did answer that questions.. I would confess it to my wife since it is just the two of us here. How would I lie about such a thing? Then by her direction end up making res***ution by baking her some cookies . If eating cookies were a sin then I would confess it to God as such.. See no one asked me to confess to my Pastor or to the church about the non sin of eating cookies.. I did that in the case of my sin because I thought it would help me through my repentance.. No where in the scripture is doing that commanded.. I used them as a crutch to help me I told them that they were all a huge help in my realization that God had forgiven me.. Sounds a bit selfish but most of them helped a lot, just in their prayers for me.. Boy if eating cookies were a sin I would be is deep trouble.. I LOVE COOKIES My pastor would never ask me to confess eating cookies but I will willing tell anyone that my wife's cookies are the BEST and I will eat them every chance I get.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

No, I have always believed and have stated I believe that James can be forgiven. I also said, that if my husband was going around stating that adultery was no different from any other sin (in the eyes of God), I would not be happy.

But then James explained that this sin was treated differently and that he did take the steps of repentance which (to me) seem more than one would do for telling a white lie.

Now I am asking him to explain. I could care less about the adultery. James is not my husband. I care more to understand to know how he reconciles what he says with what he actually did.
    It's not abou you or me being happy, it's whether God of the Holy Bible looks upon sin of adultery any different than the sin of a little white lie. The answer is no.
    Let me tell you how little God of the Holy Bible looked upon adultery in the Old Testament. Did you know if a married man had sex with an unmarried woman there was no punishment for the act.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    It's not abou you or me being happy, it's whether God of the Holy Bible looks upon sin of adultery any different than the sin of a little white lie. The answer is no.
    Let me tell you how little God of the Holy Bible looked upon adultery in the Old Testament. Did you know if a married man had sex with an unmarried woman there was no punishment for the act.
    What about if a married man had sex with a married woman? (The real definition of adultery in the old testament)--then what happened?

Yes, I understand it is not about what makes me happy or what makes you happy. I am curious as to WHY, if you believe that adultery is no different from the little sin of a white lie---why did James confess his adultery to the whole congregation? Especially in light of what you believe. That is my question no one seems to want to answer.

Who said that I deny that God can give us His word of truth again? he is God , He can and does operate according to His will.. What God will not do is teach contrary to the word He has already given.. If He through the Savior says that He is Spirit then HE IS SPIRIT. If He teaches that a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone like the resurrection body of the Lord than a spirit has no flesh or bone.. He He tells us that whosoever believe in Him HAS everlasting life then who ever believes HAS EVERLASTING LIFE.. If He says that whose who keep the whole Law except one point is guilty of the whole law then those are guilty of the whole law.. These things will not change.. Any other word God therefore gives to us WILL agree with these things. He will never come to us and tell us that there are three God.. He has already told us that He in ONE LORD.. These prophet that come attempting to deceive the Church and even try to change God's word to "correct" the changes mere men installed in it.. Such as they are the false prophets and lying teachers..

I did answer that questions.. I would confess it to my wife since it is just the two of us here. How would I lie about such a thing? Then by her direction end up making res***ution by baking her some cookies . If eating cookies were a sin then I would confess it to God as such.. See no one asked me to confess to my Pastor or to the church about the non sin of eating cookies.. I did that in the case of my sin because I thought it would help me through my repentance.. No where in the scripture is doing that commanded.. I used them as a crutch to help me I told them that they were all a huge help in my realization that God had forgiven me.. Sounds a bit selfish but most of them helped a lot, just in their prayers for me.. Boy if eating cookies were a sin I would be is deep trouble.. I LOVE COOKIES My pastor would never ask me to confess eating cookies but I will willing tell anyone that my wife's cookies are the BEST and I will eat them every chance I get.. IHS jim
    Umm, it wasn't the eating of the cookies--it was the lying about it, I asked you about. So, would you confess the lie to your pastor? Why did you think confessing to the congregation would help you repent? Would you feel the same need for help if you lied to your wife about eating the cookies? Why or why not?

Shut up already! You go about with your eyes closed, believing anything that your false prophet tells you. If he told all members to jump off a cliff, would you? If he told everyone there was no hope and that all members were to go to their Ward Houses to drink poisoned Kool-Aid, would you follow blindly? Come down off your high horse Julie, you are not perfect but going about with false security, believing in a false Christ and a false god! It is YOU who needs to repent for worshipping false gods for to continue with your false beliefs you have condemned yourself to the Lake of Fire, your name is NOT written in God's Book of Life. There will be much begging, crying and pleading come the day of Judgment but you will be alone facing God and all the evil's you've done. Time to do some serious thinking Julie. You participate in a ritual that was manmade. The temple is a hoax taken from the Masons. Why would God want His people to participate in something so vile? Why is the ceremony almost word for word the same as the Masons? Use your brain that the good Lord gave you and stop believing in fairy tales and falsehoods. Why wasn't Solomon's Temple used for performing marriages if it was so important? If you know anything of the Bible, you know that the temple was used for animal sacrifices and nothing more! Why didn't Jesus Christ teach temple marriage if it was so important for one's salvation and your churches exaltation? I would think he would have spoken on this subject but he never did. Your religion is another gospel which Paul warned us about.....Gal. 1:8-9. It was told to us twice through Paul. Get out your Bible, dust it off and read Galatians. If J. Smith really saw an angel who gave him the instructions to start the Mormon Church then what Paul told us is the truth and you have been taught and preached another gospel your entire life.
    I think they would jump off of a cliff! Just like the Peoples Temple folks drank toxic drinks and died in the jungle, bloated by the sun! Cults are destructive.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I think they would jump off of a cliff! Just like the Peoples Temple folks drank toxic drinks and died in the jungle, bloated by the sun! Cults are destructive.
    As far as I know--Mormons are in to jello, not koolaid.

I don't know of any Mormon who has done anything like the Jim Jones group.

But I am not the one here telling people they should jump off a cliff. *sigh*

James Banta

I don't even try to hide my sin or to say that it never existed.. It is there to remind me of the great cost of sinning that way again.. I will not minimize it. It is the reason Jesus went to the cross and died.. YOU DON'T BELIEVE GOD.. WHY IS IT THAT YOU TURN AWAY FROM TRUTH. Right there is the Bible is the p***age that tells us the truth of sin.. I didn't make it up. Whoever follows God 100% except in one point is guilty of not following Him at all.. Either believe the Bible or admit that you don't. It is already clear to the Christians here that mormons DON'T BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..

Julie is I sinned in again lying to my wife. i would have to see that as sin.. No I wouldn't tell the Pastor or the church.. I would confess it to God and stand up to what ever consequences came my way.. That is what the Bible calls me to do.. Confessing to men or to the Church is not a requirement. I think I have explained why I took that step anyway.. It wasn't to gain forgiveness, it was to help ME in my realization that I had received the forgiveness of God.. Did you here that this time.. I can say it a few more times if it will help you understand.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

What about if a married man had sex with a married woman? (The real definition of adultery in the old testament)--then what happened?

Yes, I understand it is not about what makes me happy or what makes you happy. I am curious as to WHY, if you believe that adultery is no different from the little sin of a white lie---why did James confess his adultery to the whole congregation? Especially in light of what you believe. That is my question no one seems to want to answer.
    It is not what I would have done, but it was James choice, there is nothing right or wrong about his decision.

Odd thing about a married man having sex with a married woman that isn't his wife. The woman gets the worst of the punishment.