Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Satan and the Mormon Temple "Secret" Rites! Don't Get Involved!

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I don't even try to hide my sin or to say that it never existed.. It is there to remind me of the great cost of sinning that way again.. I will not minimize it. It is the reason Jesus went to the cross and died.. YOU DON'T BELIEVE GOD.. WHY IS IT THAT YOU TURN AWAY FROM TRUTH. Right there is the Bible is the p***age that tells us the truth of sin.. I didn't make it up. Whoever follows God 100% except in one point is guilty of not following Him at all.. Either believe the Bible or admit that you don't. It is already clear to the Christians here that mormons DON'T BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..

Julie is I sinned in again lying to my wife. i would have to see that as sin.. No I wouldn't tell the Pastor or the church.. I would confess it to God and stand up to what ever consequences came my way.. That is what the Bible calls me to do.. Confessing to men or to the Church is not a requirement. I think I have explained why I took that step anyway.. It wasn't to gain forgiveness, it was to help ME in my realization that I had received the forgiveness of God.. Did you here that this time.. I can say it a few more times if it will help you understand.. IHS jim
    James, you still are not making sense to me. WHY would you choose to confess your sins to the congregation for adultery, but not for a lie about the cookies if both are a serious offense to God. Why would confessing the one help you realize you had received forgiveness? If both sins are of equal weight--wouldn't you do this for ALL your sins, every time you sin?

I have heard what you said, it just does not make sense to me in light of what you teach on this site.

For example, if I said eating an apple was exactly the same to God as eating an orange---why would I feel the need to do more in the repentance process if I ate an apple versus eating an orange. I mean, I perfectly well see that adultery is a more serious sin and would require doing more. But because YOU state it is no different, I am curious why you felt in your heart YOU needed to do more to realize God's forgiveness?

I mean, why did you let the feelings of your heart dictate your actions, rather than what the scriptures taught you regarding this sin?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Umm, it wasn't the eating of the cookies--it was the lying about it, I asked you about. So, would you confess the lie to your pastor? Why did you think confessing to the congregation would help you repent? Would you feel the same need for help if you lied to your wife about eating the cookies? Why or why not?
    I don't know, eating the cookies is worse for me.. Still If I ever lie to her again I will confess it to her.. The whole Church or even just the Pastor doesn't need to be involved.. No where in the scripture is anyone commanded to confess to any man or group of people.. I did that to help me in my repentance.. Most of them held me up in prayer and that helped a lot.. It was hard admitting my sin to all but It helped me.. I could have kept it between me AND GOD AND GAINED THE SAME FORGIVENESS. BUT AT THAT TIME I HAD SUNK SO LOW IN MY FAITH THAT I NEEDED THEIR TO SHORE ME UP.. You seem to still believe that this was a Biblical requirement for forgiveness.. IT WAS NOT.. the confession was owed to God it was not owed to the church or the Pastor.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Julie, you make a good debater. One reason is your good use of ****ogies.

I don't know, eating the cookies is worse for me.. Still If I ever lie to her again I will confess it to her.. The whole Church or even just the Pastor doesn't need to be involved.. No where in the scripture is anyone commanded to confess to any man or group of people.. I did that to help me in my repentance.. Most of them held me up in prayer and that helped a lot.. It was hard admitting my sin to all but It helped me.. I could have kept it between me AND GOD AND GAINED THE SAME FORGIVENESS. BUT AT THAT TIME I HAD SUNK SO LOW IN MY FAITH THAT I NEEDED THEIR TO SHORE ME UP.. You seem to still believe that this was a Biblical requirement for forgiveness.. IT WAS NOT.. the confession was owed to God it was not owed to the church or the Pastor.. IHS jim
    I am not saying it was a Biblical requirement AT ALL. I am wondering why you felt the need to confess especially in light of what you state you believe---that the sin of lying is no different than the sin of adultery? Why did this cause you to sink so low if it is the same as other sins? Why did you need the prayers of others to help with this sin and not other sins you have committed?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Julie, you make a good debater. One reason is your good use of ****ogies.
    Actually, when we speak of the scriptures---I find that they come to life when we apply them to real life experiences---such as with James and his confessions. James is a good guy. I think having someone from the outside ask him about how he reconciles his actions with what he states he believes, he can better understand what he believes.

neverending

Actually, when we speak of the scriptures---I find that they come to life when we apply them to real life experiences---such as with James and his confessions. James is a good guy. I think having someone from the outside ask him about how he reconciles his actions with what he states he believes, he can better understand what he believes.
    Julie, do you understand English, or are you the typical Mormon that I've dealt with my entire life who sits in judgment of others and has such a high opinion of themselves? I take the later. I will kindly ask that you STOP using James in your comments and MOVE ON.....moooooove on!! Find some other person to be your whipping boy or woman so you can get your jollies.

neverending

Her ****ogies are a joke!

neverending

Again, this is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! You don't or won't see that ALL sin is the same to God!! A white lie is a lie, so that makes a person a liar! There is but one sin that God will not forgive and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. SO, get you BIG NOSE out of our family! If not, I am willing to contact Jill and tell her about all these cruel comments and the emotional distress it is causing me, (I already suffer with anxiety) and will sue you and everyone else who has made cruel, hurtful comments. I am not kidding.

James Banta

[BigJulie;150200]James, you still are not making sense to me. WHY would you choose to confess your sins to the congregation for adultery, but not for a lie about the cookies if both are a serious offense to God. Why would confessing the one help you realize you had received forgiveness? If both sins are of equal weight--wouldn't you do this for ALL your sins, every time you sin?
    If again I walk way so far from God that my faith is running on empty I will reach out to the Church.. But If I sin and still have a firm grasp on my faith I will allow Jesus to handle it and not ask anyone else to help support me with their prayers in the matter.. That is the ONLY reason I confessed to them.. There is np Biblical reason for their involvement beyond that..

I have heard what you said, it just does not make sense to me in light of what you teach on this site.

For example, if I said eating an apple was exactly the same to God as eating an orange---why would I feel the need to do more in the repentance process if I ate an apple versus eating an orange. I mean, I perfectly well see that adultery is a more serious sin and would require doing more. But because YOU state it is no different, I am curious why you felt in your heart YOU needed to do more to realize God's forgiveness?

I mean, why did you let the feelings of your heart dictate your actions, rather than what the scriptures taught you regarding this sin?
    I am sorry Julie but you bring up cookies, apple, and oranges and that makes no sense to me.. Eating those things are not sin and God doesn't care whether I eat apples or oranges.. He has provided both for me to eat and doing so is within His perfect will for my life.. The question is how you feel about one sin being more serious than another, of course you do you aren't God.. The question is what did God say about it in His word.. I have showed that to you what He said so you are no longer with me but you are arguing with Him in what He has taught us in His word. All your arguments will not change His word no matter how strongly you feel that He is wrong and you are right..

Did it seem to me that adultery is fair worse a sin than lying, Sure it did.. I had to get that idea out of my heart. Because to God all sin is one thing and that is rebellion. To Him there is no such thing as a small sin.. They are all HUGE.. So is one sin more serious to God than another? He says it is NOT.. That if you break any of His laws you are just as guilty before Him as you would be if you broke them all..

You should be able to see this on the sermon on the mount.. Anger without just cause is the same as murder. Lust as adultery. Don't you remember those teachings.. Get over it Julie you have lost your argument to God as He tell you that you break the whole law by offending against Him at all.. IHS jim

neverending

And here we are again. Where do you come up with any idea of the circumstances? You are making things up as you go along, just as Joseph Smith did, very well done!! BTW, what does James have to do with the subject of this thread??? YOU and all the others are so off topic its not funny.

James Banta

[QUOTE=BigJulie;150184]
    James, I must admit, I somewhat skimmed through this. I was searching for your answer as to whether or not your pastor would make your confess to your congregation regarding lying about eating a plate of cookies and why or why not?

You do not seem to have answered this question. Sorry---the rest of this discussion has already been had. You ***ured me that you did take your adultery serious and then had to confess it to your congregation. I understand that you believe that God sees all sins as equal or the same. I am wondering why your pastor would do this (if in fact your sin of adultery is the same as eating a plate of cookies and then lying about it.)
    I won't answer this a third time go look in my postings for today it will help you find it..

Oh wait I just found it for you.. You had to see it you commented on it.. Here I added it so you would have to go looking.. What I believe you wanted to see it in bold and red..

Last edited by James Banta; 12-09-2013 at 12:29 PM.

neverending

This is none of your business!! SO SHUT UP ALREADY!! YOUR LIFE SO BORING THAT YOU WANT ALL THE JUICY DETAILS. I'D SUGGEST GETTING YOURSELF A GOOD ROMANCE NOVEL.

I am not saying it was a Biblical requirement AT ALL. I am wondering why you felt the need to confess especially in light of what you state you believe---that the sin of lying is no different than the sin of adultery? Why did this cause you to sink so low if it is the same as other sins? Why did you need the prayers of others to help with this sin and not other sins you have committed?
    So, what kind of sins would you like to confess publicly here? Hypocrisy maybe? We're not here to discuss personal life issues - that's a typical way that Mormons attack Christians. Get back on the topic of Mormonism, because it just might be that this could lead someplace you don't want to go.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

[QUOTE=James Banta;150217]

I won't answer this a third time go look in my postings for today it will help you find it..

Oh wait I just found it for you.. You had to see it you commented on it.. Here I added it so you would have to go looking.. What I believe you wanted to see it in bold and red..

So, why with the sin of adultery you needed the help of their prayers and not with lying about a plate of cookies---if, as you say, in God's eyes...the sins are no different. Why were they different to you?

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    This is none of your business!! SO SHUT UP ALREADY!! YOUR LIFE SO BORING THAT YOU WANT ALL THE JUICY DETAILS. I'D SUGGEST GETTING YOURSELF A GOOD ROMANCE NOVEL.
    As I stated, I do not care about the details or about the adultery. I am more interested in why James acted differently than he states he believes regarding sin. Why did he treat one sin different than another. That is all. If you call that juicy details....

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    So, what kind of sins would you like to confess publicly here? Hypocrisy maybe? We're not here to discuss personal life issues - that's a typical way that Mormons attack Christians. Get back on the topic of Mormonism, because it just might be that this could lead someplace you don't want to go.
    The only thing I am interested with with James is why what he did is different than he preaches. He treated his sin of adultery different from other sins. He stated he needed the prayers and help of others. I ask why is this not true with all of his sins, if they are all the same to God?

I mean, for me--I do see some sins are more serious than others, so to me this makes perfect sense. But James preaches otherwise.

RealFakeHair

As I stated, I do not care about the details or about the adultery. I am more interested in why James acted differently than he states he believes regarding sin. Why did he treat one sin different than another. That is all. If you call that juicy details....
    Change subject. While typing my 4 year daughter asks me to write down what I want for Christmas so I put down, kisses, kisses, and kisses. She said no papa write grown-up things, so I put my wish for Christmas was for BigJulie to get saved.
    She just asked, who is BigJulie. lol

The only thing I am interested with with James is why what he did is different than he preaches. He treated his sin of adultery different from other sins. He stated he needed the prayers and help of others. I ask why is this not true with all of his sins, if they are all the same to God?

I mean, for me--I do see some sins are more serious than others, so to me this makes perfect sense. But James preaches otherwise.
    So, would you like us to publicly chat about your sins? Tell us which you'd like prayer for? Or are you without sin? Have any rocks? If you're not going to address the OP, then please try to stop lashing out at people in order to humiliate them. So, have you been to the temple lately to listen to Satan?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Yes, I totally agree!

James Banta

[QUOTE=BigJulie;150221]

So, why with the sin of adultery you needed the help of their prayers and not with lying about a plate of cookies---if, as you say, in God's eyes...the sins are no different. Why were they different to you?
    Again back to the answer I have already given to you..

I could have kept it between me AND GOD AND GAINED THE SAME FORGIVENESS. BUT AT THAT TIME I HAD SUNK SO LOW IN MY FAITH THAT I NEEDED THEIRS TO SHORE ME UP..

They did that through their prayers... IHS jim

I could have kept it between me AND GOD AND GAINED THE SAME FORGIVENESS. BUT AT THAT TIME I HAD SUNK SO LOW IN MY FAITH THAT I NEEDED THEIRS TO SHORE ME UP..

So, if this sin was the same---why did you need their prayers. I get what you are saying. You do not get what I am asking. You preach that all sin is the same in the eyes of God. Why then was this sin DIFFERENT for YOU? Why were you so low? Why did you need help of others?

So, would you like us to publicly chat about your sins? Tell us which you'd like prayer for? Or are you without sin? Have any rocks? If you're not going to address the OP, then please try to stop lashing out at people in order to humiliate them. So, have you been to the temple lately to listen to Satan?
    What do you mean----this whole forum is designed so you can address "my sins' as you see them.

I agree. Let's shut down this whole site. Are you without sin? Have you any rocks? Please stop "lashing out at" me and my beliefs in order to humiliate me. I completely agree--let's shut down the whole place. To do otherwise is just hypocritical if you have sinned yourself, right?

[QUOTE=James Banta;150231]

It really doesn't do any good to keep trying to justify yourself before those who will turn and trod down your pearls! The Mormons are not very scrupulous, Jim. They will use anything to obtain their objective - which is really the take over of Christianity by their paganistic cult. God has forgiven your sins, as He has forgiven mine. It never pays to share anything with a Mormon that you don't want used against you in the future - remember that. Just look at what just went down on CARM where one brother (a Mormon) said the most horrendous things about his other brother (a non-Mormon). Just very sad!

It really doesn't do any good to keep trying to justify yourself before those who will turn and trod down your pearls! The Mormons are not very scrupulous, Jim. They will use anything to obtain their objective - which is really the take over of Christianity by their paganistic cult. God has forgiven your sins, as He has forgiven mine. It never pays to share anything with a Mormon that you don't want used against you in the future - remember that.
    Yes, I see--I question James because, as I see it, his actions do not match what he teaches. For heaven's sake--my questioning must be "not very scrupulous"---how dare I question him.

What do you mean----this whole forum is designed so you can address "my sins' as you see them.
    You like discussing other people's sins, right? Would you like us to address yours? Get off your high horse - you shouldn't be judging people publicly here - stick to doctrine. Do unto others as YOU want done to yourself. And stop acting so innocent. You know exactly what I mean.