Thread: Mormon Denials Proven to be Deception

Default Mormon Denials Proven to be Deception

I found a very good video including scholarly references proving that the Mormon temple rites have been drastically changed over time. Many Mormons deny these changes, which is blatant deception. If there are any not familiar with the changes, I highly recommend this informative video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-r3eBf1rwY

Now I'm sure the Mormons here and elsewhere are embar***ed by the gruesome oaths Mormons used to promise in their temples - how they would die if they revealed any secrets. At the end of the video, the maker states that as far as is known these gruesome penalties weren't inflicted on apostates - however we should recall that the Danites did actively pursue "apostate" Mormons, and I'm not so sure that they didn't inflict the penalties. The Danites are an ongoing target of investigation.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I found a very good video including scholarly references proving that the Mormon temple rites have been drastically changed over time. Many Mormons deny these changes, which is blatant deception. If there are any not familiar with the changes, I highly recommend this informative video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-r3eBf1rwY

Now I'm sure the Mormons here and elsewhere are embar***ed by the gruesome oaths Mormons used to promise in their temples - how they would die if they revealed any secrets. At the end of the video, the maker states that as far as is known these gruesome penalties weren't inflicted on apostates - however we should recall that the Danites did actively pursue "apostate" Mormons, and I'm not so sure that they didn't inflict the penalties. The Danites are an ongoing target of investigation.
    Wrong again Apollogette.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Wrong again Apollogette.
    Prove it, and also learn to spell my posting name correctly.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

I suggest that anybody who is being approached by Mormon missionaries review the Youtube video in the OP. You need to be informed!

I suggest that anybody who is being approached by Mormon missionaries review the Youtube video in the OP. You need to be informed!
    They can watch it. But I also hope they would also look to other sources so they don't get a one sided view.

Do you know when people go into an area to denounce Mormonism, baptisms in that area actually go up because it makes people curious and they are willing to look at more than one little clip.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

nrajeffreturns

I found a very good video including scholarly references proving that the Mormon temple rites have been drastically changed over time.
    1. If true, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

2. Are you trying to accuse us LDS of not sticking with Joseph Smith's teachings?? Or of throwing him under the bus as soon as new teachings come from new prophets?

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    1. If true, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

2. Are you trying to accuse us LDS of not sticking with Joseph Smith's teachings?? Or of throwing him under the bus as soon as new teachings come from new prophets?
    You've consistently lied Jeff about the temple rituals. Why should I even discuss things with a person who has done that?

nrajeffreturns

You've consistently lied Jeff about the temple rituals. Why should I even discuss things with a person who has done that?
    YOU have consistently lied when you accused me of consistently lying. Okay, technically, this is the first time I recall you making this particular accusation against me, but hey, your average is 100% so far! That's pretty consistent, right?

I challenge you to quote even ONE lie from me regarding temple rituals. Put up or admit you falsely accused me, i.e. lied about me.

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    YOU have consistently lied when you accused me of consistently lying. Okay, technically, this is the first time I recall you making this particular accusation against me, but hey, your average is 100% so far! That's pretty consistent, right?

I challenge you to quote even ONE lie from me regarding temple rituals. Put up or admit you falsely accused me, i.e. lied about me.
    Sorry, but you know very well that you've denied any "death oaths" in your temple. This video proves you were attempting to deceive people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    They can watch it. But I also hope they would also look to other sources so they don't get a one sided view.

Do you know when people go into an area to denounce Mormonism, baptisms in that area actually go up because it makes people curious and they are willing to look at more than one little clip.
    Mormon baptism is invalid and bogus. Joe baptized Ollie and Ollie baptized Joe. They had no more authority to baptize than Ronald McDonald!

nrajeffreturns

Sorry,
    Saying you're sorry isn't good enough. I want you to post quotes of me telling these alleged lies.

but you know very well that you've denied any "death oaths" in your temple.
    Hey, all the times I have been in the temple, I have never made an oath to kill anyone.

Sir

Prove it, and also learn to spell my posting name correctly.
    LOL....

coming from the queen of calling the poster "theway" "nottheway".

Learn to spell, Carol!

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    LOL....

coming from the queen of calling the poster "theway" "nottheway".

Learn to spell, Carol!
    She's a queen, WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    She's a queen, WOW!
    What an immature and vindictive person "Sir" is! What a cl***ic example of what Mormonism can do to a person!

Sir

What an immature and vindictive person "Sir" is! What a cl***ic example of what Mormonism can do to a person!
    If vindictiveness and immaturity are the signs of a Mormon, you must be the president of the LDS church!

But we know you lash out, name call, and then run and hide behind the skirts of your fellow minions and the fake "ignore" list.

And, well, being 68, you sure don't show any signs of maturity or wisdom that should accompany that age.