Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Notice to Christians: Better to Put some on Ignore! They Aren't Here to Debate

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Man, Presumably leave me hanging or does it you?
    I am glad to see we agree, however I am willing to be more liberal on the subject and let you try and say the Holy Bible may hint at the possibility.
    What Bible p***ages are you referring to?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    You sure seem to be obsessed with discussing intimate topics--such as underwear--in public forums. It's a good thing you haven't recently been preaching about how people who do that are unethical....
    I am rather enjoying apologette's posts. Because CARM is actually being moderated, she is forced to tame herself. But here she seems to be letting her true bigotry shine forth. And also, it's funny to see all the whining and blaming of Mormons, and the typical apologette hyperbole of "I was a supervisor and I wouldn't hire these guys....". All this talk of her positions of authority and wisdom, and then she turns around and makes childish taunts, claims "I cant HEAR...YOU...cause you are on ignore" and then tells other posters to "tell the guy I'm ignoring that...."

It's kind of surreal, but quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I am rather enjoying apologette's posts. Because CARM is actually being moderated, she is forced to tame herself. But here she seems to be letting her true bigotry shine forth. And also, it's funny to see all the whining and blaming of Mormons, and the typical apologette hyperbole of "I was a supervisor and I wouldn't hire these guys....". All this talk of her positions of authority and wisdom, and then she turns around and makes childish taunts, claims "I cant HEAR...YOU...cause you are on ignore" and then tells other posters to "tell the guy I'm ignoring that...."

It's kind of surreal, but quite entertaining.
    She "wouldn't hire these guys"---is she talking about us here, or Mormons in general. If it is "Mormons in general"---I think someone could have a case of religious discrimination. I did have a *** one time where I was put down by my supervisor on a regular basis for being Mormon. In the end, he decided I wasn't so bad and we enjoyed working together.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Have you ever encountered a Mormon who has a really good sense of humor? I haven't. They all look forlorn and pompous.

Two blocks north of us we have an LDS neighbor that I grew up with and attended school with. She has had nine kids, the last one only lived a few hours before p***ing away. Whenever I see her outside when we are going somewhere, I wave but feel so sorry for her. Her life has been hard and it shows. She looks much older then she should, with graying hair and looking tired and worn out. I often wonder why these Mormon women do that to themselves. As a mother your number one concern is being able to care for your family and how can one do that if they are pushing out baby after baby and not taking care of themselves? Why would a decent husband want to do that to his wife.....if he truly loves her? NO ONE should be made to feel guilty because they didn't want to bring a litter of kids into the world but the LDS leadership puts that guilt onto their female members. Even I was asked during a questioning to renew my temple recommend, "Sister Banta, when are you going to have another baby? Isn't your little boy about 2 years old now?" I was shocked! It was none of his business and so I answered, "when I feel the time is right, as my boy is very hyperactive and a real handful." There is four years between my son and daughter. Maybe some LDS woman are not built to care for large families and so they should be the ones to decide how many children they have, not their Bishop, not the Stake President and not their prophet and they should not be made to feel guilty for making their decision whatever it may be.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

Two blocks north of us we have an LDS neighbor that I grew up with and attended school with. She has had nine kids, the last one only lived a few hours before p***ing away. Whenever I see her outside when we are going somewhere, I wave but feel so sorry for her. Her life has been hard and it shows. She looks much older then she should, with graying hair and looking tired and worn out. I often wonder why these Mormon women do that to themselves. As a mother your number one concern is being able to care for your family and how can one do that if they are pushing out baby after baby and not taking care of themselves? Why would a decent husband want to do that to his wife.....if he truly loves her? NO ONE should be made to feel guilty because they didn't want to bring a litter of kids into the world but the LDS leadership puts that guilt onto their female members. Even I was asked during a questioning to renew my temple recommend, "Sister Banta, when are you going to have another baby? Isn't your little boy about 2 years old now?" I was shocked! It was none of his business and so I answered, "when I feel the time is right, as my boy is very hyperactive and a real handful." There is four years between my son and daughter. Maybe some LDS woman are not built to care for large families and so they should be the ones to decide how many children they have, not their Bishop, not the Stake President and not their prophet and they should not be made to feel guilty for making their decision whatever it may be.
    You are unfairly judging this woman you speak of.

Here again, you make these blanket accusations and use skeptical-anecdotes to teach about what good mothers/ wives and husbands should do and how to raise a good family.

And yet, your husband cheated on you AFTER leaving Mormonism and your kids all quit talking to you until recently. I remember you lamenting that your kids would no longer talk with you a while ago.

Again, clean your own house first, and then try to not instruct others how to clean theirs when you are simply projecting your own failures onto them.

neverending

You are unfairly judging this woman you speak of.

Here again, you make these blanket accusations and use skeptical-anecdotes to teach about what good mothers/ wives and husbands should do and how to raise a good family.

And yet, your husband cheated on you AFTER leaving Mormonism and your kids all quit talking to you until recently. I remember you lamenting that your kids would no longer talk with you a while ago.

Again, clean your own house first, and then try to not instruct others how to clean theirs when you are simply projecting your own failures onto them.
    It's a shame that you couldn't understand what I was trying to say. I feel sorry for my neighbor and once a friend, especially when we were in High School for the other girls treated her as bad as they did me and so I was her only friend. When we went on a Youth Stake Conference to Cedar City, UT where we got to stay in the dorms on the campus of Southern Utah University, no one wanted to room with her so I did. Her name is Virginia and as I said, I feel sorry for her that she has had 9 children, has had a hard life and she looks much older then her years. What is wrong with feeling sorry for someone? As for my children, they were raised to be honest, hard working and decent people. My son's *** and his ex-wife kept him so busy and his *** was one that made him travel all over the world, he hardly had time for his family let alone James and I. Sure, as parents we felt badly that we didn't have the contact with him like we wanted. He's now very happy thank you and praise God that he's out of a bad marriage, remarried now to a wonderful woman and they are expecting their first child next spring. We feel very blessed that we as a family have been reunited and once again have had our prayers answered. Children don't always do the things you would want, you'll discover that at some point too because after all, they are people and they have to make their own mistakes. What is important is whether they learn from those mistakes.
    Now back to the subject at hand. The LDS Church shouldn't be forcing women to have a litter of children nor make them feel guilty if they don't. That is a decision made between a husband and wife and their income.

Snow Patrol

It's a shame that you couldn't understand what I was trying to say. I feel sorry for my neighbor and once a friend, especially when we were in High School for the other girls treated her as bad as they did me and so I was her only friend. When we went on a Youth Stake Conference to Cedar City, UT where we got to stay in the dorms on the campus of Southern Utah University, no one wanted to room with her so I did. Her name is Virginia and as I said, I feel sorry for her that she has had 9 children, has had a hard life and she looks much older then her years. What is wrong with feeling sorry for someone? As for my children, they were raised to be honest, hard working and decent people. My son's *** and his ex-wife kept him so busy and his *** was one that made him travel all over the world, he hardly had time for his family let alone James and I. Sure, as parents we felt badly that we didn't have the contact with him like we wanted. He's now very happy thank you and praise God that he's out of a bad marriage, remarried now to a wonderful woman and they are expecting their first child next spring. We feel very blessed that we as a family have been reunited and once again have had our prayers answered. Children don't always do the things you would want, you'll discover that at some point too because after all, they are people and they have to make their own mistakes. What is important is whether they learn from those mistakes.
    Now back to the subject at hand. The LDS Church shouldn't be forcing women to have a litter of children nor make them feel guilty if they don't. That is a decision made between a husband and wife and their income.
    The LDS nurse that was my wife's nurse during labor had 12 kids. She made it a point to tell us that it was her choice, not her husband's. She was one of the funniest ladies I've known and was a tremendous help to my wife who struggled mightly to have one child. We ended up having 7 kids and are blessed every day by them. Only one of them were naturally born to us. Each adoption choice was a mutual decision. This woman friend of yours, have you asked her if she wanted that many kids? Have you asked her if she had any say in the matter. I've known a lot of woman who had more than 3 or 4 kids and most of them were the decision makers on how many they had.

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    The LDS nurse that was my wife's nurse during labor had 12 kids. She made it a point to tell us that it was her choice, not her husband's. She was one of the funniest ladies I've known and was a tremendous help to my wife who struggled mightly to have one child. We ended up having 7 kids and are blessed every day by them. Only one of them were naturally born to us. Each adoption choice was a mutual decision. This woman friend of yours, have you asked her if she wanted that many kids? Have you asked her if she had any say in the matter. I've known a lot of woman who had more than 3 or 4 kids and most of them were the decision makers on how many they had.
    Snow, I am so glad that you and your wife had a good experience with a nurse who had a sense of humor....she did her *** well and sounds like she was a special nurse and person. I was a nurse too but my *** was at the other end of life, working with the elderly and those who had Alzheimers. I loved my *** and learned more from those I cared for then I ever did in school.
    Please don't get me wrong, I love children and I do think they are a blessing. Now we are grandparents but since neither one of our children live here in Utah, we can't have the relationship we would love to have with them. Our oldest grandson turned 18 this past sunday and oh how we felt really down since we couldn't share his special birthday. Having a child is a huge, important decision and not one to take lightly. Snow, you are blessed for opening your home to children who needed loving parents. Your ***s as parents is one of the most important ***s you'll ever have in this life. You are molding the next generation.

nrajeffreturns

I am finding it difficult to respect anyone who would use the disgusting term "litter" to refer to precious, innocent children.

RealFakeHair

What Bible p***ages are you referring to?
    I don't know of any, but I am just asking.

Sir

The LDS Church shouldn't be forcing women to have a litter of children nor make them feel guilty if they don't.
    Good.

The LDS church does not do that, so your argument is now over.

RealFakeHair

Good.

You are correct the LDSinc. does not force women to have bunches of rug rats. However the culture of mormonism does.

Good.

I agree. I do not have a lot of children and I have had no guilt. Contrary to what many critics believe, Mormon women are a pretty powerful lot.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

You are correct the LDSinc. does not force women to have bunches of rug rats. However the culture of mormonism does.
    By "culture" I guess you're meaning that the LDS Church is pro marriage, and against abortion? As such there are more kids around.

Was that the culture you were talking about?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    I agree. I do not have a lot of children and I have had no guilt. Contrary to what many critics believe, Mormon women are a pretty powerful lot.
    Evident to contra. The use of antidepreessants in Utah are twice as high on average than any other State. (Los Angeles Times). Year in and year out it seems to be the case.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    By "culture" I guess you're meaning that the LDS Church is pro marriage, and against abortion? As such there are more kids around.

Was that the culture you were talking about?
    Molley Mormon Woman anyone?

Molley Mormon Woman anyone?
    Sorry, I'm not following you?

She "wouldn't hire these guys"---is she talking about us here, or Mormons in general. If it is "Mormons in general"---I think someone could have a case of religious discrimination. I did have a *** one time where I was put down by my supervisor on a regular basis for being Mormon. In the end, he decided I wasn't so bad and we enjoyed working together.
    Tell us Julie, you who are so quick to support any Mormon who comes down the pike. What do you think about Apollos who invades the Christians' message pages over on CARM and reposts those messages here, contrary to the rules? Do you support that. And, no, I wouldn't hire a person who lacks integrity - as we've seen that includes Mormons who stoop as low as some have here. Do you get a cheap thrill by attacking others as sinners? Would you like your own life to be an open book here? Repent, you who are so quick to throw stones at others.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    That's good of you to adopt children who needed parents. Very good.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Of course not, you are following Joseph Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Tell us Julie, you who are so quick to support any Mormon who comes down the pike. What do you think about Apollos who invades the Christians' message pages over on CARM and reposts those messages here, contrary to the rules? Do you support that. And, no, I wouldn't hire a person who lacks integrity - as we've seen that includes Mormons who stoop as low as some have here. Do you get a cheap thrill by attacking others as sinners? Would you like your own life to be an open book here? Repent, you who are so quick to throw stones at others.
    You are changing the subject. I was asking--would you not hire some of the particular Mormons you have met, or would you not hire someone based on their being Mormon?

There was no attack going on as you think. There was merely a discussion in which I was trying to understand how you define sin and using a real life example that was given to me and which I ***umed the person who shared was not ashamed nor discouraged by the discussion as he was very open and honest about it. I just gave my honest opinion how I felt if my husband acted like the sin was just between him and God and was no different than a white lie. The person I was discussing quickly shared that he did take it more seriously and went to great lengths to address it. With that, I asked then, how he viewed the one sin to the next. This was an honest discussion about how sin is perceived and less to do with the sin. But you seem to want to make me more judgmental then I am on it. As I stated before, I do not think any less of him at all, but actually more as it would take great humility and faith to do as he did, admit what he has, and discussed it as openly as he has. For whatever reason, you do not take this as face value but must make continued judgments about it.

Of course, you are so right. I had a close friend who was a Mormon. She didn't drink or smoke, but she ate and ate. Her weight finally brought about congestive heart failure. It was so sad. She actually did have a sense of humor, and had only joined the Mormon cult because she thought they were politically conservative (they really aren't, they are pro-abortion in some cases, and many are not pro-America, but pro-Mormonism and Utah). In any case, I used to share facts about Mormon doctrine and history with her, and the decadent lifestyle of Joseph Smith and she just nixed it off. She really didn't believe me. One day as I was driving into town for the mail (we live far out), the Spirit of God prompted me to go another way than was my usual route. As I drove by my Mormon friend's home, I saw an ambulance. I called her step daughter and found out she was admitted to the hospital. I went back home, and the next day brought to her hospital bedside a little crucifix from the Holy Land - I felt prompted by the Spirit to do so. When I saw her I prayed with her, and told her to take the cross with the image of Jesus and to remember that only HE could save her. She did and held on to it - she is with Christ now!

RealFakeHair

Stepford wives, and mormonism, wonder where that idea came from?

You are changing the subject. I was asking--would you not hire some of the particular Mormons you have met, or would you not hire someone based on their being Mormon?

There was no attack going on as you think. There was merely a discussion in which I was trying to understand how you define sin and using a real life example that was given to me and which I ***umed the person who shared was not ashamed nor discouraged by the discussion as he was very open and honest about it. I just gave my honest opinion how I felt if my husband acted like the sin was just between him and God and was no different than a white lie. The person I was discussing quickly shared that he did take it more seriously and went to great lengths to address it. With that, I asked then, how he viewed the one sin to the next. This was an honest discussion about how sin is perceived and less to do with the sin. But you seem to want to make me more judgmental then I am on it. As I stated before, I do not think any less of him at all, but actually more as it would take great humility and faith to do as he did, admit what he has, and discussed it as openly as he has. For whatever reason, you do not take this as face value but must make continued judgments about it.
    I don't give a heck what you ask me, Big. I've already answered: I would not hire a Mormon who is unscrupulous (and I believe you have some on this very forum); nor would I hire a non-Mormon who is unscrupulous.; So take your nasty innuendo and you know what you can do with it, Big!

You happened to miss this response:

In other words, if you were a supervisor and aware an applicant was Mormon, you would not hire them. You seem to stereotype every Mormon by examples you are aware of. That is religious discrimination at its best.

My response to this snotty remark:

No, but if I knew they had an unscrupulous record, I wouldn't hire them, nor any other person (non-Mormon) who was unscrupulous. And trust me, we did background checks. I actually had a nice young Mormon man working with me once, he tried to convert me and ended up joining me for evening worship at Calvary Chapel. He ended up marrying a former FLDS Mormon and told me she was treated cruelly by Utah Mormons. He also said he remembered Calvary Chapel - and he said that with fondness in his voice. So take your innuendo and peddle it elsewhere Big!

Look Big, I used to administer civil rights issues, do you think I'm dumb enough to fail to hire someone because they were a Mormon, or JW, or some other cultist? The woman I mentioned in another thread, who was a Mormon, became a dear friend of mine. I hired her. And I led her to Christ on her deathbed. So take your defamation of character garbage elsewhere BIG! Do you Mormons have no boundaries? I have never seen such a pack of Mormons as on this board who seem to be above any rules of decency. Cruelly attacking people with disabilities. Disgusting, and I hope folks looking in here see what's going on here.
    Last edited by Apologette; 12-12-2013 at 12:49 PM.

I am finding it difficult to respect anyone who would use the disgusting term "litter" to refer to precious, innocent children.
    Oh, like precious little children that YOUR cult allows to abort? (BACK ON IGNORE)