Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Demonic Mormon Perversion of Jesus Christ - Matthew 16:15

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue? View Post
    I think it was clear to see, what Peter said and Christ accepted is completely different from what your man made creeds state.
    Can you get one Christian to disagree with the words of Peter? Jesus is the Savior, He is the Son of God.. But those are just two of His ***les.. The Bible also calls Him the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6).. Thomas called Him His Lord and His God (John 20:28).. While I don't deny any ***le Jesus rightly holds I also will not limit Him to just a few of them.. Yes He is the Son of God, He is also the Son of man. You need to set the limits that the LDS church places on Jesus behind and allow Him to be all that the scripture teaches that He is..

The creeds are nothing more than a paraphrase of scripture. There were designed for those in the Church that had little to no education to memorize and therefore take the truth of God's word with them in their hearts and minds.. Unless you can show by the Bible that any point of the creeds are in error your summary dismissal and enmity for the creeds is worthless.. IHS jim

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Can you get one Christian to disagree with the words of Peter? Jesus is the Savior, He is the Son of God.. But those are just two of His ***les.. The Bible also calls Him the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6).. Thomas called Him His Lord and His God (John 20:28).. While I don't deny any ***le Jesus rightly holds I also will not limit Him to just a few of them.. Yes He is the Son of God, He is also the Son of man. You need to set the limits that the LDS church places on Jesus behind and allow Him to be all that the scripture teaches that He is..

The creeds are nothing more than a paraphrase of scripture. There were designed for those in the Church that had little to no education to memorize and therefore take the truth of God's word with them in their hearts and minds.. Unless you can show by the Bible that any point of the creeds are in error your summary dismissal and enmity for the creeds is worthless.. IHS jim
    I think Son of God, is as simple as it gets. How does taking the simple statement "Son of God" and turning it into some 5 to 6 paragraph monstrosity make it simpler?

James Banta

I think Son of God, is as simple as it gets. How does taking the simple statement "Son of God" and turning it into some 5 to 6 paragraph monstrosity make it simpler?
    This is what the Nicene Creed has to say about Jesus.. Please feel free to show where and how any of it is UNBIBLICAL

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. (The Nicene Creed)

Of course there are parts of the creed that you will disagree with but show me where it disagrees with the Bible.. IHS jim

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    This is what the Nicene Creed has to say about Jesus.. Please feel free to show where and how any of it is UNBIBLICAL

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. (The Nicene Creed)

Of course there are parts of the creed that you will disagree with but show me where it disagrees with the Bible.. IHS jim
    I do believe I quoted an acceptable creed to all Christendom.

James Banta

I do believe I quoted an acceptable creed to all Christendom.
    This is part of the Nicene Creed contains the totality of what is said concerning Jesus.. I will ask you again where it disagrees with the Bible? IHS jim

James Banta

I didn't put the bible down. I showed you that the creeds have what the bible does not.
    The Bible teaches that God is one Lord (Mark 12:29). It teaches that the Father is God (John 20:17), that Jesus is God (John 1:1), and that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4).. How can this be (if we don't produce our own private interpretation of the scripture by adding words like "In purpose" to what is clearly stated in the p***age) Then God is One Lord and the doctrine of the Trinity is the ONLY DOCTRINE taught that allows the Bible to true. To believe what the LDS church teaches about who and what God is you must agree with Smith that "we have three Gods..." Three Gods is polytheism. It teaches again the first commandment given to Moses on the mountain "I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:2-3). He said I AM the Lord thy God, not we are the Lords your Gods. The gods of Mormonism are frauds masquerading as the true God. They are other gods mormonism has placed before the One true God revealed in the Bible..

I have seen nothing from you that shows that the Creeds teach anything that isn't already taught in the Bible.. By teaching the Trinity it consolidates and restates what the Bible teaches about God.. No the word trinity isn't found in the Bible, nor is it here in the creed. Yet you act as it is the only word the creed includes. The Bible teaches a God in Trinity, as does the creed.. So much for your hatred of the creed.. You still need to tell he just where it varies from the teaching of the Bible. IHS jim