Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not possible.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Apologette is not saying that the actual "dead relative" is a demon. She is saying that demons are replying and/or appearing as the dead relative. They are taking advantage of a person's belief that they can commune with the dead.
    Once again, Libby is correct!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

(keep up the good work Libby, fight the good fight!)

My view is that any spirit that claims to be a long dead family member and then teaches different than the Christian faith, is actually a demon too.

its not the actual family member at all, but is a demon acting like a family member with the aim of teaching error and lies.

So the person that has told you that people that have died and then later appeared to others teaching a different religion are actually demons is CORRECT!

You run into the same problems I listed before, the most important one is...

You ***ume that you know what is the Christian Faith. To be frank, I don't think anybody here would agree that you know that.
    Last edited by theway; 06-20-2014 at 01:52 PM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    You run into the same problem problems I listed before, the most important one is...

You ***ume that you know what is the Christian Faith. To be frank, I don't think anybody here would agree that you know that.
    The Christian faith I know...
    You just have to do what they did to Paul and his teachings. (see ACTS 17:11)

as for not being agreement with "anybody here"????.....LOL, I remember Billy used to say that to me all the time....

Yes, that is what I claim to be able to do, and do so now with the guidance given us in the example and warnings seen in the words of Paul as I have quoted..
    I judge any claim I hear by the Bible
    I judge any teaching I hear by the Bible....and reject anything that does not agree,
    Paul never said anything about judging whether what you hear is correct are not by the Bible, you are making stuff up again.

Anyway there is a little test to see if you would be able to judge correctly.

If a Angel came to you and said that water baptism is a requirement of salvation, is that Angel an Angel of Light, or a demon?

The Christian faith I know...
    Oh I'm absolutely sure that's true.

You just have to do what they did to Paul and his teachings. (see ACTS 17:11)
    Really, so what happened in the test they did?

as for not being agreement with "anybody here"????.....LOL, I remember Billy used to say that to me all the time....
    if you pine nostalgic, I can continue that for you.

alanmolstad

Paul never said anything about judging whether what you hear is correct are not by the Bible,
    The way i read the account of the people opening up their Text to check out what Paul was saying compared to what was already given, it leads me to the conclusion that "This Is How We Are To Do It!!!!!!!!!!"

Thus I reject your idea totally......

alanmolstad

if you pine nostalgic, I can continue that for you.
    I'm just pointing out that telling me that "Alan, you disagree with most other people here on the forum!".....is not really going to cause me to have 2nd thoughts over squat!

alanmolstad

If a Angel came to you and said that water baptism is a requirement of salvation, is that Angel an Angel of Light, or a demon?
    "a requirement"??????

I would point the angel to the case of the thief on the cross.....and ask the angel to get back to me once he has done a bit more study on the issue....

alanmolstad

a requirement?..........

my answer is thus -

Baptism is listed not within a divine "required" order of salvation.....Rather its listed as a sign of salvation....
    the water is not magic.....washing dirt off your skin can make you 'cleaner" on the outside, but it does nothing to you on the insides.....

The way i read the account of the people opening up their Text to check out what Paul was saying compared to what was already given, it leads me to the conclusion that "This Is How We Are To Do It!!!!!!!!!!"

Once again... If this is how one determines truth, then what was the outcome of the test?

"a requirement"??????

I would point the angel to the case of the thief on the cross.....and ask the angel to get back to me once he has done a bit more study on the issue....
    This is not an answer to my simple question.

a requirement?..........

my answer is thus -

Baptism is listed not within a divine "required" order of salvation.....Rather its listed as a sign of salvation....
    the water is not magic.....washing dirt off your skin can make you 'cleaner" on the outside, but it does nothing to you on the insides.....

alanmolstad

Once again... If this is how one determines truth, then what was the outcome of the test?
    The outcome is the lesson we learn from the verse.

The lesson is that when anyone comes to us with some type of new idea or a new teaching, we take it and compare it to the Text ...

Test all things, hold fast to what is true, reject anything that is different..

alanmolstad

The answer is to understand that the thief on the cross is not a exception, its an "example" of how salvation comes to us....
    Was he Baptized?....nope, but he did have faith as seen in his confession to Christ.

alanmolstad

watch the video....

alanmolstad

... If this is how one determines truth,
    yes.....it is.....

Was he Baptized?....nope,
    How do you know he had never been baptized?

John T

Originally Posted by theway [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]

Paul never said anything about judging whether what you hear is correct are not by the Bible,

Paul knew that because he was an Apostle, he was writing books that were as equal in authority as any book of OT canon. that is why he could write:
    2 Timothy 3: 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Due to the fact that ALL LDS people are spiritually blinded by Satan according to
    2 Corinthians 4: 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    they are completely unable to see that truth above. That is sad, really, but all they really need to do to have the spiritual blindness taken away is to ask Jesus to heal them in the same way that Jesus healed the lepers, and made blind people see.

The outcome is the lesson we learn from the verse.

The lesson is that when anyone comes to us with some type of new idea or a new teaching, we take it and compare it to the Text ...

Test all things, hold fast to what is true, reject anything that is different..
    For the third time now....
    What was the result of their test?

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Paul knew that because he was an Apostle, he was writing books that were as equal in authority as any book of OT canon. that is why he could write:
    2 Timothy 3: 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Due to the fact that ALL LDS people are spiritually blinded by Satan according to
    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    they are completely unable to see that truth above. That is sad, really, but all they really need to do to have the spiritual blindness taken away is to ask Jesus to heal them in the same way that Jesus healed the lepers, and made blind people see.
    ....YAWN.....

Same olde boring rant from JohnT.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post

Amen John, well said!

Libby

It was a good post, except I would not claim that it's "a fact that all LDS people are spiritually blinded by satan".

I don't like to see broad brushing, like that. It's the same as claiming all Baptists are spiritually blinded or all Calvinists are spiritually blinded. "ALL" is almost never appropriate, especially when in reference to the spiritual state of human beings. We are individuals and our standing with God cannot always be judged by the church we attend or the theology we believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    It was a good post, except I would not claim that it's "a fact that all LDS people are spiritually blinded by satan".

I don't like to see broad brushing, like that. It's the same as claiming all Baptists are spiritually blinded or all Calvinists are spiritually blinded. "ALL" is almost never appropriate, especially when in reference to the spiritual state of human beings. We are individuals and our standing with God cannot always be judged by the church we attend or the theology we believe.
    (keep up the good work Libby, fight the good fight!)

Libby

lol........