Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
What about an lever powering experience in the 1983 dedication of the Atlanta Temple, I had. Is this from God? You are trying to play both sides of the of the fence. Also I said that I did not believe he was Christian. Also "Allah" means God in Arabic...so translated into English it means, "There is no God but God". How do you know it was not a gift from someone he loves. If my mother had given me a Cross when I was young I would wear even today.
Papa, don't you realize that when you go into occult "temples" you can experience occult manifestations? The Hare Krishnas report miraculous experiences in their temples, too. The Christian Scientists report m***ive amounts of healings through reading Mary Baker Eddy's book. There were many supposed "miracles" when the Kirtland temple was dedicated. Papa, has God told us in the Bible to go by "experiences" or by His Word?

The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it Jer. 17:9

Look, Papa, when I got saved it was by reading Ephesians chapter 2 in the Bible. It went clearly against my belief that works saved. I had been told the truth by Evangelicals, but I mocked them. I thought they were deluded! But there it was in black and white in God's Word. I had to choose to believe the Word above my feelings and opinions. And when I confessed my sins, God released me from false beliefs. He'll do the same for you. But you must get on your knees and tell God you repent of false beliefs. God will do the rest. Don't let the Devil confuse you with false miracles and experiences, remember what Jesus said:

Matt. 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Of course the false signs and wonders accompany false prophets and their followers. Jesus said so. But if you have been called by God, the Biblical God, He will release you from delusion and bring you back. I believe that. When it comes to a tug of war between my experiences or opinions, and God's Word, I've found out each time that God's Word was right!