Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Twas the Night Before Smithmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    "God made Aaron to be the mouthpiece for the children of Israel, and He will make me be god to you in His stead...and if you don't like it, you must lump it!" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith (http://forums.carm.org/vbb/mormon-books.html#sermons), p.363).
    Someone familiar with the Bible would recognize this as a reference to Exodus 7:1, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that you would try to twist this quote to rationalize your dishonesty. It is an unquestionable, objective fact that Joseph Smith is not our God, and every time you say it you are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Someone familiar with the Bible would recognize this as a reference to Exodus 7:1, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that you would try to twist this quote to rationalize your dishonesty. It is an unquestionable, objective fact that Joseph Smith is not our God, and every time you say it you are lying.
    God called Aaron to speak for Moses; Joseph Smith called HIMSELF, and shook his fist in God's face, by claiming to be god to the Mormons!
    Last edited by Apologette; 12-20-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Mormons regarded Joe Smith and Brigham Young as gods on earth:

“[Heber C. Kimball] declared to the people that Brigham Young was his God, and their God, and the only God they would ever see if they did not obey him: ‘Joseph Smith was God to the inhabitants of the earth when he was amongst us, and Brigham is God now.’ This strain was caught up and reiterated by many of the elders, from Orson Hyde, the president of the twelve apostles, down to the most ignorant teacher, and to question it openly was to be put under the ban.”

- T.B.H. Stenhouse, The Rocky Mountain Saints, 1873, 1904 edition, p. 294;
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Joseph Smith called HIMSELF, and shook his fist in God's face, by claiming to be god to the Mormons!
    No he didn't; you just made that up.

RealFakeHair

Wait a minute. You're questioning Apologetter, over makeing something up and you never question Joseph Smith jr. and his imaginary mind?

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Wait a minute. You're questioning Apologetter, over makeing something up and you never question Joseph Smith jr. and his imaginary mind?
    Joseph Smith is not posting here; Apologette is.

blah, blah, blah. Smith said he was your god. And he was right.

Just imagine if they questioned the adultery angel that Smith says threatened to kill him if he didn't take a bunch of women to bed!

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    I call you a hypocrit for believing one thing and then ridiculing others for believing the same thing. It matters not where they get their beliefs. I can't say I believe Obama is a bad President and then make fun of you for believing Obama is a bad President for a different reason. That is being hypocritical. You can try to write this off any way you want, but still when you hold one belief and then ridicule someone else for holding that same belief then you are a hypocrit. Plain and simple.
    So you don't believe that the LDS church has more revelation than other churches? You don't believe that the LDS church is superior to all other churches? You don't believe that the LDS church is the "Only True Church"? I deny all of that.. I don't see that that the LDS church has anything more than false teachings.. So where is hypocrisy in my words?

Does the LDS church not send tens of thousands of young missionaries into the world with the message that ONLY mormonism is TRUE, therefore all other churches are FALSE?

I never said anything about the President, good or bad.. I never criticized mormonism for being false only to call it true.. No Christian Church believes that baptism, or membership in their church provides salvation.. That is a teaching of mormonism.. I did make one error in my post.. I missed the n't on the word are in this statement "Those are my private teaching that is the word of God" It should read "Those aren't my private teachings, that is the word of God". If that is what you are pointing out thank you for correcting my weak typing skills.. I fixed it and added a bit more to it.. Reread it if your want.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 12-20-2013 at 08:41 PM.

John T

Just imagine if they questioned the adultery angel that Smith says threatened to kill him if he didn't take a bunch of women to bed!
    Apologette has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Wazzup?

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Apologette has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Wazzup?
    Okay, I'm so popular. I'll fix it.

John T

Originally Posted by Erundur [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]

We have no idol and our God is not "Joe Smith". Stop lying, Apologette.

"God made Aaron to be the mouthpiece for the children of Israel, and He will make me be god to you in His stead...and if you don't like it, you must lump it!" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith (http://forums.carm.org/vbb/mormon-books.html#sermons), p.363).
    The character of Apologette is NOT THE ISSUE HERE.

Why do you go after her personally when all she did was to quote something from CARM. There is where the author of that quoted. therefore your argument is there, not here. Go there, sign up, and then discuss that matter THERE.

I have never once read any Mormon who took exception to Smith's lifestyle and his predatory stalking of women and young girls. Apparently, as is any idol, he is above judgment. He is, in fact, god to the Mormons. They never mention Jesus (other than in p***ing). Everything is Joseph, Joseph and more Joseph. It's a sad state of affairs.

nothead

I have never once read any Mormon who took exception to Smith's lifestyle and his predatory stalking of women and young girls. Apparently, as is any idol, he is above judgment. He is, in fact, god to the Mormons. They never mention Jesus (other than in p***ing). Everything is Joseph, Joseph and more Joseph. It's a sad state of affairs.
    Hey he was just a lusty guy. What's so bad about having 38 wives? He didn't STALK them, he made up a religion where he could HAVE THEM.

Pletty shmart fella, I gumpshun. That's a harem all right.

If he made himself God, then so did Hirohito until he had to take it back. God told Moses he would be ELOHIM to pharoah, so what's the big deal?

Hint: Hebrews had no term for 'God' as we know it now. The closest word then was ELOHIM.

You know the inherent problem with the early Mormon Church was...

If JS had 38 wives, then what happened to the men these were supposed to have normally wed? They got put to pasture? Couldn't even have children, or find some women somewhere else, because if JS didn't get all the pretty ones, then one of them OTHER big shots did...
    ...immediately making the Church as a WHOLE survival of the fittest, or studliest, or something....LUSTIEST??

Whoo hoo. Some guys get ALL the girls. YOU GO, Guys.

blah, blah, blah. Smith said he was your god. And he was right.
    lie, lie, lie. Just keep lying, and I'll keep calling you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    The character of Apologette is NOT THE ISSUE HERE.
    Then don't bring it up.

Why do you go after her personally when all she did was to quote something from CARM.
    I'm going after her lie, not her.

There is where the author of that quoted. therefore your argument is there, not here. Go there, sign up, and then discuss that matter THERE.
    So when Apologette brings up a topic here, I have to go to another board to discuss it? That makes perfect sense.

Or not.

RealFakeHair

Then don't bring it up.

So when Apologette brings up a topic here, I have to go to another board to discuss it? That makes perfect sense.

Or not.
    Come after what you believe is my lie, and let's duke it out!

nothead

You can't 'duke it out.' If you punch the screen, Fake Hair still don't feel it.

You might.

Wow talk about the obvious. Make love online, not war.

whoops I got fake hair mixed up with the other one. Which is what around here anyway?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nothead View Post
    You can't 'duke it out.' If you punch the screen, Fake Hair still don't feel it.

You might.

Wow talk about the obvious. Make love online, not war.

whoops I got fake hair mixed up with the other one. Which is what around here anyway?
    Okay, selflove person, whatever, the challenge is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by nothead View Post
    Hey he was just a lusty guy. What's so bad about having 38 wives? He didn't STALK them, he made up a religion where he could HAVE THEM.

Pletty shmart fella, I gumpshun. That's a harem all right.

If he made himself God, then so did Hirohito until he had to take it back. God told Moses he would be ELOHIM to pharoah, so what's the big deal?

Hint: Hebrews had no term for 'God' as we know it now. The closest word then was ELOHIM.

You know the inherent problem with the early Mormon Church was...

If JS had 38 wives, then what happened to the men these were supposed to have normally wed? They got put to pasture? Couldn't even have children, or find some women somewhere else, because if JS didn't get all the pretty ones, then one of them OTHER big shots did...
    ...immediately making the Church as a WHOLE survival of the fittest, or studliest, or something....LUSTIEST??

Whoo hoo. Some guys get ALL the girls. YOU GO, Guys.
    Well, I'm not sure if you know this, but Joe Smith "married" the wives of living Mormon husbands, and then told them to remain living with their first husbands in polyandry. The guy was a true sicko - not to mention that if an annoying pregnancy occurred. the fact that the plural wife as living with their "other" husband was a good cover. As far as his teenage wives go, the guy was a pervert, what more can I say?

Then don't bring it up.

Or not.
    Richard, I really don't care much about anything you post - I just consider the source.

Like I originally said, Apologette, it is a lie that Joseph Smith is our idol and god.

Richard
    Did your Protestant discernment powers tell you that I'm Richard?

Did your Protestant discernment powers tell you that I'm Richard?
    No, your snarky remarks.

No, your snarky remarks.
    Then who did your discernment powers tell you I am?