Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 'Twas the Night Before Smithmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    What about an lever powering experience in the 1983 dedication of the Atlanta Temple, I had. Is this from God? You are trying to play both sides of the of the fence. Also I said that I did not believe he was Christian. Also "Allah" means God in Arabic...so translated into English it means, "There is no God but God". How do you know it was not a gift from someone he loves. If my mother had given me a Cross when I was young I would wear even today.
    Papa, don't you realize that when you go into occult "temples" you can experience occult manifestations? The Hare Krishnas report miraculous experiences in their temples, too. The Christian Scientists report m***ive amounts of healings through reading Mary Baker Eddy's book. There were many supposed "miracles" when the Kirtland temple was dedicated. Papa, has God told us in the Bible to go by "experiences" or by His Word?

The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it Jer. 17:9

Look, Papa, when I got saved it was by reading Ephesians chapter 2 in the Bible. It went clearly against my belief that works saved. I had been told the truth by Evangelicals, but I mocked them. I thought they were deluded! But there it was in black and white in God's Word. I had to choose to believe the Word above my feelings and opinions. And when I confessed my sins, God released me from false beliefs. He'll do the same for you. But you must get on your knees and tell God you repent of false beliefs. God will do the rest. Don't let the Devil confuse you with false miracles and experiences, remember what Jesus said:

Matt. 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Of course the false signs and wonders accompany false prophets and their followers. Jesus said so. But if you have been called by God, the Biblical God, He will release you from delusion and bring you back. I believe that. When it comes to a tug of war between my experiences or opinions, and God's Word, I've found out each time that God's Word was right!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Ma'am

The LDS may have more "revelations" than orthodox Christian church, but that doesn't mean that they come from God. In fact, they come from the devil, the father of lies.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Papa, don't you realize that when you go into occult "temples" you can experience occult manifestations? The Hare Krishnas report miraculous experiences in their temples, too. The Christian Scientists report m***ive amounts of healings through reading Mary Baker Eddy's book. There were many supposed "miracles" when the Kirtland temple was dedicated. Papa, has God told us in the Bible to go by "experiences" or by His Word?

The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it Jer. 17:9

Look, Papa, when I got saved it was by reading Ephesians chapter 2 in the Bible. It went clearly against my belief that works saved. I had been told the truth by Evangelicals, but I mocked them. I thought they were deluded! But there it was in black and white in God's Word. I had to choose to believe the Word above my feelings and opinions. And when I confessed my sins, God released me from false beliefs. He'll do the same for you. But you must get on your knees and tell God you repent of false beliefs. God will do the rest. Don't let the Devil confuse you with false miracles and experiences, remember what Jesus said:

Matt. 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Of course the false signs and wonders accompany false prophets and their followers. Jesus said so. But if you have been called by God, the Biblical God, He will release you from delusion and bring you back. I believe that. When it comes to a tug of war between my experiences or opinions, and God's Word, I've found out each time that God's Word was right!
    No I don't realize Temples are occult. I am sorry that you think an "I sorry" to God releases you from true repentance. This belief means you will never truly repent.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    The LDS may have more "revelations" than orthodox Christian church, but that doesn't mean that they come from God. In fact, they come from the devil, the father of lies.
    Try to come up with an original thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Hi, Ma'am. Yes, and extra-biblical revelations are certainly one of the paramount hallmarks of a cult! They all have them.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

No I don't realize Temples are occult. I am sorry that you think an "I sorry" to God releases you from true repentance. This belief means you will never truly repent.
    Praying for you, Papa. I'm not the Holy Spirit, and I can't convict anybody. Listen carefully, though. And humble yourself.

Pa Pa

Hi, Ma'am. Yes, and extra-biblical revelations are certainly one of the paramount hallmarks of a cult! They all have them.
    So God closed the heavens and no longer speaks to man...and this is why?

Pa Pa

Praying for you, Papa. I'm not the Holy Spirit, and I can't convict anybody. Listen carefully, though. And humble yourself.
    You know Appologette you write in soft tones, but you are as vicious an anti-Mormon as any other.

So God closed the heavens and no longer speaks to man...and this is why?
    He speaks to us all the time, Papa. Pick up your Bible, pray for protection by the Holy Spirit when you read, and God will speak to you! You should know that! I'm a charismatic, and you should understand we believe that the Holy Spirit is not "our companion," but indwells believers and leads them. By Word and Spirit, Papa. And they must agree.

You know Appologette you write in soft tones, but you are as vicious an anti-Mormon as any other.
    Not anti-Mormon, but surely anti-false prophets, and anti-Mormonism. I believe Mormons seduced you Papa. You should be glad and blessed that Christians take the time to share the truth with you. Remember, it was Smith who first said my faith was an abomination. That was anti-Christian.

Pa Pa

Not anti-Mormon, but surely anti-false prophets, and anti-Mormonism. I believe Mormons seduced you Papa. You should be glad and blessed that Christians take the time to share the truth with you. Remember, it was Smith who first said my faith was an abomination. That was anti-Christian.
    I see, I am just stupid enough to be deceived. Joseph did not say your faith was an abomination, Christ did.

I see, I am just stupid enough to be deceived. Joseph did not say your faith was an abomination, Christ did.
    I was once deceived. My best friend was once a Swedenborgian cultist. God led her out when she got on her knees and asked God to tell her the truth. We all were once in the Kingdom of Darkness until God, through grace and mercy brought us out. Well, I have to actually do some work now. Have a great weekend.

Pa Pa

He speaks to us all the time, Papa. Pick up your Bible, pray for protection by the Holy Spirit when you read, and God will speak to you! You should know that! I'm a charismatic, and you should understand we believe that the Holy Spirit is not "our companion," but indwells believers and leads them. By Word and Spirit, Papa. And they must agree.
    I am currently reading the OT, will he speak to me there?

Pa Pa

I was once deceived. My best friend was once a Swedenborgian cultist. God led her out when she got on her knees and asked God to tell her the truth. We all were once in the Kingdom of Darkness until God, through grace and mercy brought us out. Well, I have to actually do some work now. Have a great weekend.
    You would be marvel at how many times I have done, since my birth and after joining the Church that if I were deceived that he would give me his Spirit to know. He has only confirmed my belief as have the Scriptures. So many of you rely on others views of scripture rather than see it for what it is. Especially evil men like Luther and Calvin. Why not Roger Williams, founder of the Baptist religion who looked for new Apostles and Prophets.

neverending

You would be marvel at how many times I have done, since my birth and after joining the Church that if I were deceived that he would give me his Spirit to know. He has only confirmed my belief as have the Scriptures. So many of you rely on others views of scripture rather than see it for what it is. Especially evil men like Luther and Calvin. Why not Roger Williams, founder of the Baptist religion who looked for new Apostles and Prophets.
    Many can be fooled or deceived. Take your own Prophet Spencer Kimball who was deceived by Mark Hoffman and bought many m****cripts that were forgeries. What happened there when your Prophet is called, Seer and Revelator? Why didn't the Holy Spirit tell him these m****cripts were fake? So, don't rely on feelings, they will let you down. I rely on myself and what the Holy Spirit leads me to. If you want to know how I really feel about organized religion, I think they're all bad.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Many can be fooled or deceived. Take your own Prophet Spencer Kimball who was deceived by Mark Hoffman and bought many m****cripts that were forgeries. What happened there when your Prophet is called, Seer and Revelator? Why didn't the Holy Spirit tell him these m****cripts were fake? So, don't rely on feelings, they will let you down. I rely on myself and what the Holy Spirit leads me to. If you want to know how I really feel about organized religion, I think they're all bad.
    What a sick comparison. How many were deceived by the President of Evangelicals in America, fooled by a true gay man...which people I know you hate.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Another thing, my many prayers to not be deceived...God just don't give a ****?

Another thing, my many prayers to not be deceived...God just don't give a ****?
    The Mormon "god" to whom you are praying doesn't exist, Papa. You believe in a god who was born on another planet, according to Joe Smith, and who was "exalted" by another "god" to godhood and ***igned to rule over planet earth. Your god is a myth. Try praying to the true God, who does want you to come to the truth.

RealFakeHair

What a sick comparison. How many were deceived by the President of Evangelicals in America, fooled by a true gay man...which people I know you hate.
    For sure anytime we look towards man we have allready begin to fall.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    For sure anytime we look towards man we have allready begin to fall.
    Have you ever heard of such a man? Is there anywhere a synod in the Lutheran church that respects the edict of the Presbyterian authority? How about a congregational church that accepts no outside authority over their church? Who is this "President of Evangelicals in America". PaPa says that he is ****sexual.. I was unaware that any such man existed. In fact I say that there is no such person.. Never has been never will be..

As far as hating anyone a Christian does NOT do so.. We hate it when we see millions of Christian being murdered because of their faith in Jesus (Fox Book of Martyrs) but as taught by our Lord we love them and pray for them.. How could we do less for the ****sexual? IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Try to come up with an original thought.
    Speaking of an original thought, when was the last time anyone came up with one?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Have you ever heard of such a man? Is there anywhere a synod in the Lutheran church that respects the edict of the Presbyterian authority? How about a congregational church that accepts no outside authority over their church? Who is this "President of Evangelicals in America". PaPa says that he is ****sexual.. I was unaware that any such man existed. In fact I say that there is no such person.. Never has been never will be..

As far as hating anyone a Christian does NOT do so.. We hate it when we see millions of Christian being murdered because of their faith in Jesus (Fox Book of Martyrs) but as taught by our Lord we love them and pray for them.. How could we do less for the ****sexual? IHS jim
    papa should know this question. How many members of the Southern Baptist Convention knows the name of its president?
    I bet less then 30%. How many members of the LDSinc. Know their president name? I bet 99.4400.%