Thread: Isn't Tomorrow a Mormon "Holy Day?"

Default Isn't Tomorrow a Mormon "Holy Day?"

Posted some of this elsewhere. Thought I'd share it here:

What do TBM Mormons here do in honor of Smith's birthday tomorrow? Do they set out a little depiction of a log cabin with tiny caved figures - Lucy Mack, hubby Joe, Sr., and all their kids, including Joe, Jr., doing there "magic circles" thing? Why, Lucy wrote in her little book:

" Let not the reader suppose that because I shall pursue another topic for a season that we stopt our labor and went at trying to win the faculty of Abrac [,] drawing Magic circles or sooth saying [sic] to the neglect of all kinds of buisness [.W]e never during our lives suffered one important interest to swallow up every other obligation but whilst we worked with our hands we endeavored to remmember [sic] the service of & the welfare of our souls."

Umm, do any Mormons have a problem with Lucy's description of the Smith's nightly recreation?

So, what kind of "sooth saying" not to mention the magic circles stuff was Lucy talking about? The cl***ic Mormon answer is, "oh, everybody was doing it back then." Oh, really? That's a crock, because devout Christian believers have never participated in occult activities since that is forbidden by the Bible. So, don't believe the standard Mormon excuse. Back then Christian families were actually reading the Bible as their nightly ritual, not engaging in sooth saying or calling up demons.

But, hey, to get back to the celebration of Smithmas, how will our Mormon friends here celebrate this high holy day of Mormonism? Will this website give our Mormon friends some ideas of how to celebrate the baby Joe's birth - destined to be one of the most prominent false prophets to walk American soil:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/santa/ (note, some language might be offensive)
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Umm, do any Mormons have a problem with Lucy's description of the Smith's nightly recreation?
    What was her description of the Smith's nightly recreation? You haven't provided it yet.

But regarding your quote above, I have no problem with the Smiths not trying to win the faculty of Abrac, drawing magic circles, or sooth saying. Why, do you think they should have?

James Banta

Posted some of this elsewhere. Thought I'd share it here:

What do TBM Mormons here do in honor of Smith's birthday tomorrow? Do they set out a little depiction of a log cabin with tiny caved figures - Lucy Mack, hubby Joe, Sr., and all their kids, including Joe, Jr., doing there "magic circles" thing? Why, Lucy wrote in her little book:

" Let not the reader suppose that because I shall pursue another topic for a season that we stopt our labor and went at trying to win the faculty of Abrac [,] drawing Magic circles or sooth saying [sic] to the neglect of all kinds of buisness [.W]e never during our lives suffered one important interest to swallow up every other obligation but whilst we worked with our hands we endeavored to remmember [sic] the service of & the welfare of our souls."

So, what kind of "sooth saying" not to mention the magic circles stuff was Lucy talking about? The cl***ic Mormon answer is, "oh, everybody was doing it back then." Oh, really? That's a crock, because devout Christian believers have never participated in occult activities since that is forbidden by the Bible. So, don't believe the standard Mormon excuse. Back then Christian families were actually reading the Bible as their nightly ritual, not engaging in sooth saying or calling up demons.

But, hey, to get back to the celebration of Smithmas, how will our Mormon friends here celebrate this high holy day of Mormonism? Will this website give our Mormon friends some ideas of how to celebrate the baby Joe's birth - destined to be one of the most prominent false prophets to walk American soil:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/santa/ (note, some language might be offensive)
    I will not be thinking of Smith in any positive way.. He is responsible for many a soul to be turned away from God to worship idols.. His mother's excuses as you pointed out were a lie.. NO CHRISTIAN from this era, or from that era became involved in the occultic activities that the Smith family was so fond of.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    What was her description of the Smith's nightly recreation? You haven't provided it yet.

But regarding your quote above, I have no problem with the Smiths not trying to win the faculty of Abrac, drawing magic circles, or sooth saying. Why, do you think they should have?
    Well, of course, we have little Joey entertaining them with stories of the early inhabitants of this country - gee, I wonder where he got those ideas?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Well, of course, we have little Joey entertaining them with stories of the early inhabitants of this country - gee, I wonder where he got those ideas?
    Thank you for conceding that your previous statement was false. As for your current question, he clearly got them from Moroni.

RealFakeHair

Thank you for conceding that your previous statement was false. As for your current question, he clearly got them from Moroni.
    Are you sure?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Are you sure?
    Can't you see that if we use their own history to question the "official" story that the LDS teach we are liars? Is engaging this troll worth while? IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Can't you see that if we use their own history to question the "official" story that the LDS teach we are liars? Is engaging this troll worth while? IHS jim
    He is just ****ing our chain, if we play along he will eventually get tired and leave.

Moroni boloney! Sidney Rigdon is the likely source - he and his stolen Spalding m****cript. Tell us, do you do magic circles on family home evening?

Are you sure?
    Yes, I am.

Moroni boloney!
    Let's see you prove it.

RealFakeHair

Yes, I am.
    Was it Moroni, or Nephi?
    Critics point out conflicting accounts as to whether the angel who directed Joseph Smith to the gold plates was named Moroni or Nephi. Historians have found several early LDS sources referring to the angel as "Nephi." For example, an 1842 publication edited by Joseph Smith recounting the miraculous visitation says, "When I first looked upon him I was afraid, but the fear soon left me. He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi. That God has a work for me to do... He said there was a book deposited written upon gold plates, giving an account of the former inhabitants of this continent, and the source from whence they sprang."[2] Why, critics ask, do we see discrepancies in something as simple yet significant as the angel's name?

Let's see you prove it.
    Prove your heretic prophet ever had a "first vision." We can prove he was a traitor to this country, a womanizer and serial adulterer, and a pedophile.

Was it Moroni, or Nephi?
    It was Moroni. You might find this article helpful.

Prove your heretic prophet ever had a "first vision."
    Thank you for conceding that your post was merely worthless anti-Mormon rhetoric, and that the fact that Joseph got his information from Moroni is not baloney.

RealFakeHair

Well I guess Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind got carried away with him when this was publised......The Times and Seasons Vol. III pp. 749, 753

"When I first looked upon him I was afraid, but the fear soon left me. He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi. That God has a work for me to do, ... He said there was a book deposited written upon gold plates, giving an account of the former inhabitants of this continent, and the source from whence they sprang."

Note that Joseph Smith was the editor of the Times and Seasons. In modern printings of the History of the Church, this has been changed to read " Moroni". It is interesting to note that Joseph Smith lived for two years after the name "Nephi" was printed in Times and Seasons and he never published a retraction

Yeah, after the fact excuses. How come Lucy Smith, Joe's mommy, thought the angel was named Nephi? Was she that deluded, or was she actually expressing the original form the story took! Joe couldn't even get it right about his "first vision." One being, angels, two beings - all his accounts vary. Any rational person not under bondage to Mormon brainwashing can see he made up things as he went along. Sort of like Obama.

RealFakeHair

Yeah, after the fact excuses. How come Lucy Smith, Joe's mommy, thought the angel was named Nephi? Was she that deluded, or was she actually expressing the original form the story took! Joe couldn't even get it right about his "first vision." One being, angels, two beings - all his accounts vary. Any rational person not under bondage to Mormon brainwashing can see he made up things as he went along. Sort of like Obama.
    I believe erundur, is off thinking up some new form of obfuscation.

Well I guess Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind got carried away with him when this was publised......The Times and Seasons Vol. III pp. 749, 753
    Or someone just made a mistake. Read the article.

Yeah, after the fact excuses.
    Lame.

How come Lucy Smith, Joe's mommy, thought the angel was named Nephi?
    Read the article.

RealFakeHair

Lame.

Read the article.
    And all this time I thought I was the one with the lowest IQ here....lol

And all this time I thought I was the one with the lowest IQ here....lol
    I accept your concession.

James Banta

I accept your concession.
    Are you ready to discuss mormonism without calling people liars or hypocrites? Are you ready to show some evidence for your comments here other than just your say so? That is the ticket you have to buy to participate in the forum.. The Christians here are not demanding that you believe what we tell you even when we have a reference.. But to call our comments lies or claim victory after you say NOTHING, identifies you as a child.. So are you ready to grow up? IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Are you ready to discuss mormonism without calling people liars or hypocrites?
    I am ready to discuss Mormonism with people who aren't liars or hypocrites.

Are you ready to show some evidence for your comments here other than just your say so? That is the ticket you have to buy to participate in the forum..
    This is rich coming from the guy who made accusations against me, then refused to show evidence to back them up.
    Last edited by Erundur; 12-26-2013 at 01:22 AM.

James Banta

I am ready to discuss Mormonism with people who aren't liars or hypocrites.

This is rich coming from the guy who made accusations against me, then refused to show evidence to back them up.
    1. I never made an accusation against you.. 2. I back up everything I say here.. 3. I guess you aren't ready to enter into discussion.. IHS jim