[Novato;151380]The Testimony of Mary Elizabeth Rollins Lightner
Mary Lightner 1905 Address, typescript, BYU
Mary Lightner, Address to Brigham Young University, 1905,
BYU Archives and M****cripts
Source: Mary Elizabeth Lightner, Address at Brigham Young University,
April 14, 1905, typescript, BYU.

Remarks by Sister Mary E. Lightner who was sealed to Joseph Smith in 1842. She is 87 years of age.]
Welcome back.. I guess you can see that the forum has grown and not died after all.. Did this post of a young MARRIED woman submitting to Joseph Smith as his wife have some other message other than what the Christian have been saying about Smith's wife stealing activities? You did know that she was married to Adam Lightner? I see a polyandrous marriage as just another way of teaching that adultery as a good thing.. Right there in the quote I see that the spirit of God was showing her his truth before she went to convince herself of the lies she really wanted to believe "I had been dreaming for a number of years I was his wife. I thought I was a great sinner. " She knew that even marrying spiritually was a betrayal of her vows to her husband.

Also your post makes it look like Mary Lightner was 87 years old when she married Smith.. She was 23! She was 87 when he addressed missionaries at BYU.. I know you were aware of that but your post made it look like she was old when her marriage to Joseph Smith was conducted.. IHS jim