Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watered down LDSinc.

John T

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I for one don't like opening a can of worms, but I also believe if we took every word out of the Holy Bible tha was even a bit suspicious of its authencticity I believe it wouldn't change the True of Salvation, and the meaning of God's Grace.
    RFH:

It is not you who are "opening a can of worms" but it is the poster to whom I replied through you who is throwing buckets of untrue and inaccurate things on this forum WITH THE SINGULAR HOPE OF DESTROYING CHRISTIANITY.

As a result, this filth needed to be countered because I can imagine him clicking his heels together under the desk on which he keyboards as an expression of joy because he is spreading so much FALSE things.

You did nothing wrong, RFH. What I did was to scuttle the sources from which he gets that garbage in hopes that he will look very silly if he repeats posting that stuff the Mormons wrote. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT HE DID NOT CITE HIS SOURCES? Isn't that sort of thing called "PLAGIARISM"??

The things I posted from memory, were things that are not taught in Sunday School, and they come only if one takes much church history in grad school. So they are not usually in the everyday knowledge of church history for Joe and Jane Pewsitter.

If I may, I do want to acknowledge that I find your phrase "if we took every word out of the Holy Bible.. " somewhat troubling. I know your intention was good, not evil. I also agree with what I essentially believe you are saying, but for me, a person who takes the inerrancy of Scripture very seriously, that a study of the nature and transmission of Canon to find the truth of this, and similar small "questionable" sections of Scripture does not take away ANYTHING from the full God-inspired text of the New Testament; rather I believe it enhances it.

No, I am not correcting you; instead, it is my aim to supply you with knowledge, and if you PM me, I can give you the ***les some wonderful books to buy which coverf the area I just described.

In the interim, remember that it is the one who attempts to destroy the Bible who will ultimately face the wrath of God. It is a true saying, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of an angry God."

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I believe that the original ending to Mark was probably lost, and someone added the additional details based on tradition...
    But what about

"God's word will not return void" and
    "God is able to keep His words from being tampered with" and
    "The Bible is 100% complete" ????

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    But what about

"God's word will not return void" and
    "God is able to keep His words from being tampered with" and
    "The Bible is 100% complete" ????
    I do know that the LDSinc. is 100% complete BS!

nrajeffreturns

I do know that the LDSinc. is 100% complete BS!
    100% complete Backed by the Savior! Correct!

RealFakeHair

100% complete Backed by the Savior! Correct!
    Well not exactly, but keep trying.

nrajeffreturns

Well not exactly, but keep trying.
    100% Blessed and Saved ?

James Banta

100% Blessed and Saved ?
    Aren't most of us that live in the United States BLESSED? The Christian is Justified and Saved.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Aren't most of us that live in the United States BLESSED? The Christian is Justified and Saved.. IHS jim
    Then I guess anyone who believes they're automatically saved the moment they merely believe, is full of B.S., right Jim?

RealFakeHair

Then I guess anyone who believes they're automatically saved the moment they merely believe, is full of B.S., right Jim?
    Well maybe you can help me out anyways, at what point is a person exaltated after he believes in the real Jesus of the Holy Bible?

nrajeffreturns

Well maybe you can help me out anyways
    I am willing to try.

at what point is a person exaltated after he believes in the real Jesus of the Holy Bible?
    LDS doctrine is that when you first accept Jesus and decide to have faith in Him, that's the first step onto the path that leads to eternal life. There is a second step, a third step, and so on. If you stay on the path all the way to its end, then it will lead you to that destination. On Judgment Day, those who followed the path will inherit eternal life. Those who chose other paths will get what awaits them at those other destinations.

There are Bible verses to support this doctrine, if you are interested.

James Banta

I am willing to try.

LDS doctrine is that when you first accept Jesus and decide to have faith in Him, that's the first step onto the path that leads to eternal life. There is a second step, a third step, and so on. If you stay on the path all the way to its end, then it will lead you to that destination. On Judgment Day, those who followed the path will inherit eternal life. Those who chose other paths will get what awaits them at those other destinations.

I am interested, show them to us we can discuss them.. Maybe I am seeing the Bible with perverted eyesight, maybe you are.. Then again it's most likely the same verses I have answered again and again. The verses that are calling for obedience as the quilifier to salvation. The same obedience that no LDS I have ever spoken to has claimed to have.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

I am willing to try.

Great, now I am a very lazy person so could you bring it down to maybe just 3 steps?

James Banta

Wrong jeff. those that don't believe in the God revealed in the Bible are those that are ****ed.. All who believe no matter what works they have done are saved.. All those who are saved are saved by the grace of God.. Grace in UNMERITED favor.. It can't be earned or deserved it is only bestowed. Salvation, as Paul puts it, is either by grace or by works. It is NOT BOTH.. Since he makes it clear that it is by grace and NOT OF WORKS.. You are being 100% unbiblical.. Now show me that Paul was a liar, and while you are doing that show me also that Jesus is a liar too as he said that those that believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.. Give up this man invented earn and gain salvation that mormonism teaches and come to the Jesus of the Bible that did all the work and offers you His salvation through Faith in Him.. IHS jim

neverending

I am willing to try.

Are you referring to the terrestrial and telestial kingdoms? Let's not mince words. Those who know Mormonism are aware of the 3 different heavens. Is it also true that you don't believe in hell even though the Bible makes it quite clear that it does exist and is where unbelievers will go along with blasphemers, the sons of perdition and Satan and his minions.
    Matthew 10:28, "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (NKJV) Matthew 25:41, "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels ...' " (NKJV)

Matthew 13:41–42, "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (NLT)
    Matthew 13:50, ... throwing the wicked into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (NLT) Revelation 20:15, "And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.' (NLT)

I will be in the telestial kingdom according to the Stake President when James and I were questioning and had our doubts about the truthfulness of J.Smith and Mormonism. Yes, and we were told we would be there along with King David. "WOW" James said, "for if God can call David a man after his own heart, then it must be quite the place."

James Banta

Great, now I am a very lazy person so could you bring it down to maybe just 3 steps?

I don't believe jeff can cut it down.. You better stay with Jesus, He cut it down to just trusting Him.. One little thing and then when those time hit you and your faith is shaken He saves us in our puny weak faith.. Once you have a child that child is yours forever. My son is 40.. He has had trouble with wanting to be my son but I never let him go.. You were born spiritually of Him, he will never let you go either.. Once you are born of Him you are His forever He will never let you go.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I don't believe jeff can cut it down.. You better stay with Jesus, He cut it down to just trusting Him.. One little thing and then when those time hit you and your faith is shaken He saves us in our puny weak faith.. Once you have a child that child is yours forever. My son is 40.. He has had trouble with wanting to be my son but I never let him go.. You were born spiritually of Him, he will never let you go either.. Once you are born of Him you are His forever He will never let you go.. IHS jim
    Well, I might let it go to step four, but that's it. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.