Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon banned by apostate Mormons. What they don't want you to see.

Fig-bearing Thistle

Default Cartoon banned by apostate Mormons. What they don't want you to see.

teenapenny

Question

In watching the video I have one question, just what good did the false prophet Joseph Smith ever do?
    Last edited by teenapenny; 09-21-2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: clarify

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Cartoon banned by apostate Mormons. What they don't want you to see.
    [/URL]
    If it is banned then how can we be watching it? BTW what you mean by banned by apostate Mormons? I am an "apostate" Mormon and I did not ban it, nor care if you watch it.

Billyray

I guess this is suppose to be a spoof on the "Banned Mormon Cartoon"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1jVO3-OE

BTW this is a much better video than the one you posted.

Father_JD

Ooooh. Taking clips from the Simpsons, showing Homer doing his "thing" and then likening "Anti-Mormons" to Homer.

Wow. So terrible. So horrifying. So worth "banning".

Not.

I think Homer's shenanigans fit the Mormon perfectly: An oaf who's gullible enough to believe in Hebrew-speaking, Egypian-writing American Indians practicing full-****n Christianity in their cement cites hundreds of years before Christ's own Advent.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Ooooh. Taking clips from the Simpsons, showing Homer doing his "thing" and then likening "Anti-Mormons" to Homer.

Wow. So terrible. So horrifying. So worth "banning".

Not.

I think Homer's shenanigans fit the Mormon perfectly: An oaf who's gullible enough to believe in Hebrew-speaking, Egypian-writing American Indians practicing full-****n Christianity in their cement cites hundreds of years before Christ's own Advent.

Nice signature, wonder what the rules state, Hmmm---

"signature should not include any insulting comments made either by you or another board member"

Just above we have a warning by our Moderator, "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt".
    Not a signature, shame on you, hopefully we will see this edited out also, watching you good buddy, keep it civil.
    Last edited by Richard; 09-22-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Father_JD

Yeah. Let's pontificate some more, "Richard"...if that's your real name.

Vlad III

So much for not being against Mormon PEOPLE. But oddly enough Father JD was this 'oaf' at one time, only he gave it all up to align with a religion that thinks it's okay for its members and leaders to have sex with each other even if they are both men.

I'll take an ancient civilization that practiced 'Christianity' over a modern religion that thinks the above practice of ****sexuality is what they think Jesus approves of anyday!

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad III View Post
    So much for not being against Mormon PEOPLE.
    Vlad you seem to have a persecution complex. Why don't you join in and discuss the issues?

Richard

So much for not being against Mormon PEOPLE. But oddly enough Father JD was this 'oaf' at one time, only he gave it all up to align with a religion that thinks it's okay for its members and leaders to have sex with each other even if they are both men.

I'll take an ancient civilization that practiced 'Christianity' over a modern religion that thinks the above practice of ****sexuality is what they think Jesus approves of anyday!
    Oaf? and we are told not to use the word anti-mormon? Oh, well, some use crudeness and some use labels (name calling), and some? well, they are just nice people.

JD? we ought to do a poll. Chuckle.

Rj.

Richard

Yeah. Let's pontificate some more, "Richard"...if that's your real name.
    No, my real name is D I C K. Chuckle.

Vlad III

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Vlad you seem to have a persecution complex. Why don't you join in and discuss the issues?
    No, you've just fallen victim to the Mormon-antagonist's penchant for playing the "persecution-card"-card at the wrong time.

Pointing out when someone is disparaging a PEOPLE does not mean that the person pointing it out is feeling persecuted at all.

I suppose that if Jesus pointed out that people were mocking the Jews you would claim that Jesus is just suffering from a persecution complex, right?

Too bad you and your fellow MA's have played your persecution-card-card so much that it has no value anymore.

Richard

No, you've just fallen victim to the Mormon-antagonist's penchant for playing the "persecution-card"-card at the wrong time.

Pointing out when someone is disparaging a PEOPLE does not mean that the person pointing it out is feeling persecuted at all.

I suppose that if Jesus pointed out that people were mocking the Jews you would claim that Jesus is just suffering from a persecution complex, right?

Too bad you and your fellow MA's have played your persecution-card-card so much that it has no value anymore.
    Hmmm, Persecution card, antiquated talking points, sarcasm, false accusations, false witnesses, out of context quotes, misrepresentations, sensationalism (my favorite), and last but not least, proving everything by quoting there CREEDS. Chuckle.

Rj.

Billyray

Vlad, step back and look at all of your posts since you have been back. They simply criticize non Mormons. Your posts have had no substance to them at all. Why not argue on the evidence? If what you believe is true then you should be able to back up your claim. The truthfulness of the Mormon Church is independent of your criticism of individual posters.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    In watching the video I have one question, just what good did the false prophet Joseph Smith ever do?
    Book of Mormon...

Vlad III

Vlad, step back and look at all of your posts since you have been back. They simply criticize non Mormons.
    Not criticize but point out the problems in the non-Mormons here that use name-calling, polemics, and taunts in order to witness for Jesus. Notice all my posts that you claim are 'criticizing' non-mormon posters follow posts from those non-mormons where they use such anti-christian-like tactics to peddle their jesus.

Your posts have had no substance to them at all.
    Says you. You're en***led to that opinion.

Why not argue on the evidence? If what you believe is true then you should be able to back up your claim.
    I just did. I believe you, as a critic, use the fallacy of the "persecution-complex-card" too much and in wrong ways....and I proved it by providing you examples.

The truthfulness of the Mormon Church is independent of your criticism of individual posters.
    I agree. That's why I have focused recently on the criticisms of individual posters, since as you rightfully said, the truthfulness of the LDS church is independant of them, and there is no need for me to corroborate that truthfulness since it DOES stand independant of you guys that seek to try and disprove it.

Billyray

I agree. That's why I have focused recently on the criticisms of individual posters, since as you rightfully said, the truthfulness of the LDS church is independant of them, and there is no need for me to corroborate that truthfulness since it DOES stand independant of you guys that seek to try and disprove it.
    So why not address the facts about the Church rather than comment on the posters. Whether or not I am a nice or mean person has no bearing at all on the truthfulness of Mormonism. However LDS seem to believe that showing that a person is really mean or a sinner somehow proves Mormonism true. Can you explain that to me?

Vlad III

So why not address the facts about the Church rather than comment on the posters. Whether or not I am a nice or mean person has no bearing at all on the truthfulness of Mormonism. However LDS seem to believe that showing that a person is really mean or a sinner somehow proves Mormonism true. Can you explain that to me?
    Sure.

First, you err in your evaluation. Showing the "fruits" (as you and your other cohort Mormon-antagonists pride yourself on) of the Mormon-critic isn't about proving Mormonism true. It is true regardless of your rotten fruits.

As you state, the LDS church's truthfulness has no bearing on a person's niceness or meaness. It is true regardless. So now I look to those attacking it (like yourself) and I have to question why, if what I believe is wrong and what they believe is right, why are they so filled with "bad" fruits that they have to call Mormons names, castigate us all to Hell simply for not believing the theology they are peddling, and taunting and provoking LDS by making claims about their mental states and/or their ability to self-think.

It's just too easy to point out the desperation in you and your fellow Mormon-antagonists when you claim the behavior of LDS is 'rotten fruit' of the faith when such behavior might simply be breaking a rule of a message board forum. You guys proclaim that a Mormon doing something wrong is evidence of the 'rotten fruit' of the religion. And yet the truth of the LDS church still holds true, like you said.

Funny that today alone, a pastor of a mega Baptist church is under investigation for sexual misconduct and two teachers were arrested for throwing sex parties with underage teenagers (and one of the teachers worked at a Baptist school). And yet, it is you guys that claim the beaking of a message board rule by a LDS is the rotten fruit of Mormonism. Where's the consistency? LOL

SO the bottom line is showing your meaness, hypocrisy, taunts, namecalling, etc isn;t about proving Mormonism true, since it is true independant as you rightfully said. It is showing that you have nothing better to offer since whatever jesus you are claiming we should follow leads you to producing fruit that doesn't compare at all to the good fruit we in the LDS have found.

Billyray

As you state, the LDS church's truthfulness has no bearing on a person's niceness or meaness.
    That is not exactly what I said. What I said is that the LDS church is true or false independent of me. For example atheism is not true simply because an atheist is a really nice person, on the other hand atheism is not false because the atheist is a really mean person. This is different than saying that a true Christian will have good fruit in his life--which is a completely different point than the one that I was trying to make. I hope that you can differentiate the difference.

It is showing that you have nothing better to offer since whatever jesus you are claiming we should follow leads you to producing fruit that doesn't compare at all to the good fruit we in the LDS have found.
    So if you meet a person who has really good fruit who is a scientologist that fact alone makes scientology true?

The same argument could also be made with the Pharisees verses the apostles. The Pharisees kept the rules and looked better on the outside but we both know that they were on the wrong path.

SO the bottom line is showing your meaness, hypocrisy, taunts, namecalling, etc isn;t about proving Mormonism true, since it is true independant as you rightfully said.
    First off I never said that Mormonism is true. Mormonism is false. So lets get that one straight right off of the bat.

You make the claim that Mormonism is true. What is the best proof of Mormonism besides your testimony?

Vlad III

That is not exactly what I said. What I said is that the LDS church is true or false independent of me.
    Hmmm, a little revisionist history? LOL

Here's what you you said, word for word, "The truthfulness of the Mormon Church is independent of your criticism of individual posters."

--- I agree. The truthfulness of the Mormon church is independent of my criticism of those attacking it.

You did not say that the LDS church is true or false independent of you. You said what you said, that the church's truthfulness is independent of you.....and i agree with your ***essment.

So if you meet a person who has really good fruit who is a scientologist that fact alone makes scientology true?
    No. When I see people claiming that a true church is false based on the actions of a member, I have to question why they only use that criterian when it suits their agenda. Why doesn;t that rule apply when it is a member of their own church or belief system?

And secondly, that the LDS church is true and I have seen the good fruit it produces, I have to point out the irony in those who attack the LDS church and do so using poor fruit and tactics that are an***hetical to what Jesus would have them do.

The same argument could also be made with the Pharisees verses the apostles. The Pharisees kept the rules and looked better on the outside but we both know that they were on the wrong path.
    So maybe you could take that counsel to your fellow Mormon-antagonoists that have recently poinded their chests that Mormonism is false and produces poor fruit because of the actions of one of its members.

Unless consistency and fair-mindedness are not high priorities on your list.

First off I never said that Mormonism is true. Mormonism is false. So lets get that one straight right off of the bat.
    No, you said, "The truthfulness of the Mormon Church is independent of your criticism of individual posters."

I agree. The turthfulness of Mormonism is not dependent on any of us here. True is true.

Billyray

Hmmm, a little revisionist history? LOL

Here's what you you said, word for word, "The truthfulness of the Mormon Church is independent of your criticism of individual posters."

--- I agree. The truthfulness of the Mormon church is independent of my criticism of those attacking it.

You did not say that the LDS church is true or false independent of you. You said what you said, that the church's truthfulness is independent of you.....and i agree with your ***essment.
    I think that we agree here. The truthfulness or falsehood of the LDS church is independent of you and of me. It is independent of your criticism of me and my criticism of you. That is the whole point. Don't you agree with this?

Billyray

The turthfulness of Mormonism is not dependent on any of us here.
    I agree with you. So the next question is obvious.

Why do you think that Mormonism true?

Vlad III

I think that we agree here. The truthfulness or falsehood of the LDS church is independent of you and of me. It is independent of your criticism of me and my criticism of you. That is the whole point. Don't you agree with this?
    I see you have revised your original statement to include 'or falsehood'. I can understand why you must back peddle from your original statement.

Vlad III

I agree with you. So the next question is obvious.

Why do you think that Mormonism true?
    Because it is. Independent of me or you or our thoughts as to why or why not.

Billyray

I see you have revised your original statement to include 'or falsehood'. I can understand why you must back peddle from your original statement.
    You know that I believe that the LDS church is false don't you? Did you really not understand the point that I was trying to make? Really?