Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Joseph smith was the only witness to the bom

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    It's an interesting question...
    Im not sure anyone knows for sure.

I do remember that even after God parted the red sea a few days later the Jews were already worshiping a different god, so that seems to suggest that miracles tend to not build up a person's faith like you would expect.....odd but kinda true.
    Yes, you made a good point with that example. Thanks for adding it to the discussion.

alanmolstad

I had remembered that a topic like this came up one time during a bible study we were in at church bible cl***.
    If i remember correctly we were in a study about the Exodus, and all the acts of God that were seen in Egypt at the time.

One of the girls in the cl*** asked why such mighty acts were not seen anymore?

She was very upset in that in the old days god was working and doing all kinds of things to prove Himself and his power, but in our world god is totally silent.
    She was very frustrated by God's lack of action in our world, when she felt that it could totally change the whole world if God were to do a few things.

In cl*** we discussed what actions we would like to see God do?

We talked about how anything God were to do in our modern world would be interpreted by the media and the unbelieving world?

One of the conclusions we came to is that , sadly, the results would be almost nil.
    We read how the greatest acts in the Old Testament (parting of the Red Sea) seems to have very little effect on the Jews who were right there to eye-witness it.

30 to 40 days later the Jews had switched gods and were setting up idols.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I had remembered that a topic like this came up one time during a bible study we were in at church bible cl***.
    If i remember correctly we were in a study about the Exodus, and all the acts of God that were seen in Egypt at the time.

One of the girls in the cl*** asked why such mighty acts were not seen anymore?

She was very upset in that in the old days god was working and doing all kinds of things to prove Himself and his power, but in our world god is totally silent.
    She was very frustrated by God's lack of action in our world, when she felt that it could totally change the whole world if God were to do a few things.

In cl*** we discussed what actions we would like to see God do?

We talked about how anything God were to do in our modern world would be interpreted by the media and the unbelieving world?

One of the conclusions we came to is that , sadly, the results would be almost nil.
    We read how the greatest acts in the Old Testament (parting of the Red Sea) seems to have very little effect on the Jews who were right there to eye-witness it.

30 to 40 days later the Jews had switched gods and were setting up idols.
    Jesus promised us that we would do even greater thing than He did. Do we not do marvelous works in His name? Every years millions are feed by the Church. Suffering of those caught up in disaster receive help and care during their darkest hours. Wells are dug, schools and hospitals built and staffed. All the while the Gospel is being spread.. God isn't doing anything? Have you heard the old story of the man working up on his roof when he started to slide off to a certain death in the spiked wrought iron fence below? He called out "GOD HELP ME". Then his pant leg got stuck on a nail and he said "Oh, never mind". That is the same lack of thankfulness and faith that this young woman of your Bible study was showing.. Today GOD works mightily through His Church.. Never before in the history of man has there been a people so dedicated to the service of others without seeing some personal gain involved in their kindnesses.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Jesus promised us that we would do even greater thing than He did. Do we not do marvelous works in His name? Every years millions are feed by the Church. Suffering of those caught up in disaster receive help and care during their darkest hours. Wells are dug, schools and hospitals built and staffed. All the while the Gospel is being spread.. God isn't doing anything? Have you heard the old story of the man working up on his roof when he started to slide off to a certain death in the spiked wrought iron fence below? He called out "GOD HELP ME". Then his pant leg got stuck on a nail and he said "Oh, never mind". That is the same lack of thankfulness and faith that this young woman of your Bible study was showing.. Today GOD works mightily through His Church.. Never before in the history of man has there been a people so dedicated to the service of others without seeing some personal gain involved in their kindnesses.. IHS jim
    Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind was on the Ancent Aliens TV show last night; how funny is that?
    If any Christian witness the show they must have laugh their heads off, but of course the TBMs here most have loved having their religion compared to little green Martins from Mars.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind was on the Ancent Aliens TV show last night; how funny is that?
    If any Christian witness the show they must have laugh their heads off, but of course the TBMs here most have loved having their religion compared to little green Martins from Mars.

I missed it.. Can you share with me the actual ***le of that episode? IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I missed it.. Can you share with me the actual ***le of that episode? IHS jim
    I can't remember the ***le of the program other than it was on the Ancent Aliens show on Direct channel 271