Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to make golden tablets ?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    from what i understand, most Mormons ***ume that our Golden Plates would be very thin.
    This seems to me to also mean that if we engrave them on one side, the marks will cause bumps on the other side to stick down?
    My guess is that we would need to use a "stamp" to stamp out each letter?
    Because each side of the plates were said to be engraved the letters were marked in the leaves with some sort of stylus.. My guess would be a shape piece of quarts.. A stamp would mark both sides of the leaves being stamped.. The question is rather the amount of data that could be encoded on the few number of golden plates that was reported by Smith.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

oh we can invent the number of golden Plates all we want.

We are not attempting to copy the open plates, but rather we are designing "Super-Secret "sealed' golden plates.

thus we can make as many as we think the Mormons would expect there to be...
    Remember we are designing the plates on this topic to be exactly what most Mormons would believe without questioning...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The question is rather the amount of data that could be encoded on the few number of golden plates that was reported by Smith.. IHS jim
    Thats not really an issue here.
    The Golden Plates we are designing on this topic are just filled with gibberish....

And that's the clever part of this design too!
    If they had too much of a scientific/ logical look to them it would be too great of chance that someone would figure out they are just a bunch of nonsense.

But pure random gibberish can have persuasiveness over the minds of people that have a strong personal interest in wanting the Golden Plates to be genuine.

And thus subject to many invented reasons why they look the way they do in order to make them appear genuine.

Trust me, all you need to do is make them appear just like the average Mormon would guess what they should look like, and the imaginations of Mormon's would fill-in the supporting details.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-07-2014 at 04:28 PM.

James Banta

Thats not really an issue here.
    The Golden Plates we are designing on this topic are just filled with gibberish....

And that's the clever part of this design too!
    If they had to scientific/ logical look to them it would be too great of chance that someone would figure out they are just a bunch of nonsense.

But pure random gibberish can have persuasiveness over the minds of people that have a strong personal interest in wanting the Golden Plates to be genuine.

And thus subject to many invented reasons why they look the way they do in order to make them appear genuine.

Trust me, all you need to do is make them appear just like the average Mormon would guess what they should look like, and the imaginations of Mormon's would fill-in the supporting details.
    We have an example of Reformed Egyptian.. It should be enough for modern cytologists to use to prove if Reformed Egyptian is a real language or like you say "pure random gibberish".. You must have see it before but if not you can find a copy online at https://www.google.com/search?q=Refo...an%3B300%3B126 IHS jim

alanmolstad

ahh...BUT....would our new golden plates need to copy this style?

Would most Mormons want our plates to have the same style of writings?....or do most Mormons doubt the photos of such writings?

Remember we are seeking to make something that most if not all Mormons would believe are genuine....

alanmolstad

as for the link's photos of what was claimed to be on the Plates that Smith promoted?....

I have no idea how any Mormon in their right mind can look at them and think, "Yes, I'll bet my eternal future on em....sure!"

They are so clearly made-up **** that i do have to wonder how tightly a Mormon has to shut their eyes to what they look like to believe in them?

that is also why I do have my doubts that the average Mormon would expect our new Golden Plates to have the same type of childesh marks on them?
    I have my doubts that any Mormon really trusts the marks are anything but some **** pulled out of thin air...

And so that is also why for the new set of Mormon Golden Plates we are designing here I would not really say we had to copy the style found on the two photos in your link...

UNLESS.....
    Unless most Mormons believe the two photos are showing something that is genuine ???

RealFakeHair

as for the link's photos of what was claimed to be on the Plates that Smith promoted?....

I have no idea how any Mormon in their right mind can look at them and think, "Yes, I'll bet my eternal future on em....sure!"

They are so clearly made-up **** that i do have to wonder how tightly a Mormon has to shut their eyes to what they look like to believe in them?

that is also why I do have my doubts that the average Mormon would expect our new Golden Plates to have the same type of childesh marks on them?
    I have my doubts that any Mormon really trusts the marks are anything but some **** pulled out of thin air...

And so that is also why for the new set of Mormon Golden Plates we are designing here I would not really say we had to copy the style found on the two photos in your link...

UNLESS.....
    Unless most Mormons believe the two photos are showing something that is genuine ???
    The great thing about the new golden plates is with the reformed Egyptian writing the LDSinc. prophet could translate the chicken scratch to mean anything. Like, "This new and everlasting revelation from our mormon god say to stop going to the Walter Martin web sight." "Thus say the lard god of Kolbo, or something."

alanmolstad

yes...exactly...

Although gibberish in reality, we would not have to try to convince anyone that the gibberish means anything at all!

If the Golden Plates come with a great story attached to them, a "myth" as it were, then people will believe they "must" mean something and so they will "make" them mean something all on their own.

It's like one time in Florida some guys at a radio station had an idea to fake a UFO sighting, so they just said they saw something to see what people would do.

Not long after there were people all lined up to swear they saw the same things....people were more than ready to swear to the truth of something to get in on the story.

I think that if we have a set up our Golden Plates to look just like what the average Mormon expects the "sealed" plates to look like, (and if we present them in a manner that most Mormons think is very much in keeping with the traditional manner Mormon Golden Plates are presented), then the supporting proof and their supporting translations will just naturally appear all on their own.

We will not have to struggle to make sure its a valid translation at all!

The Mormons can figure it all out for us!

But the key thing is making sure that just the right type of guy finds our new Mormon Golden Plates.
    We need to have them found by a type of guy who knows what to do with them right from the get-go.
    The last thing we want is for them to get dragged up before the media or on CNN and have all kinds of scientists checking them out.

No, what we need is a player, a guy who is clever enough to take one look at our Golden Plates and see the value they can be to him....if kept from being too exposed.

We want word to spread among the Mormon congregations that "Someone has found something"

Word can spread most quickly when its in the form of a whisper.

Naturally the Mormon leadership will have "No official comment on the many rumors" but this will only fuel the fire of speculation that your average Mormon will feel that "The Leadership knows something..."

So how to keep our new Mormon Plates under wraps?....

That's easy, they are "sacred"

Sacred things are different than "secret" things.
    Because when people hear you got a secret thing they ***ume you got something you need to hide.

But a "sacred" thing is not "hidden" rather a sacred thing is "protected"

So secret things are hidden, sacred things are protected.

But in reality the same thing would be happening (and that is that the guy who finds our Golden Plates will stuff them under his bed... ), but the promoted image to the other Mormons would naturally be to interpret not letting anyone see the Golden Plates as "He is just being very protective"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-07-2014 at 04:20 PM.

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Because each side of the plates were said to be engraved the letters were marked in the leaves with some sort of stylus.. My guess would be a shape piece of quarts.. A stamp would mark both sides of the leaves being stamped.. The question is rather the amount of data that could be encoded on the few number of golden plates that was reported by Smith.. IHS jim
    Since there is no evidence that there ever were gold plates and the language of, "reformed Egyptian" we can then say, the whole idea is a fraud. We have statements from 2 professors of Egyptology who can attest to the fact that this language never existed along with a professor of Anthropology from Yale. Do read what they each had to say.
    No non-Mormon scholars acknowledge the existence of either a "reformed Egyptian" language or a "reformed Egyptian" script as it has been described in Mormon belief. For instance, in 1966, John A. Wilson, professor of Egyptology at the University of Chicago, wrote, "From time to time there are allegations that picture writing has been found in America… In no case has a professional Egyptologist been able to recognize these characters as Egyptian hieroglyphs. From our standpoint there is no such language as 'reformed Egyptian'." Klaus Baer, another Egyptologist at the University of Chicago, called the characters of the "Caractors" document nothing but "doodlings". An early-twentieth-century scholar said that the "Caractors" document looked more like "deformed English."Anthropologist Michael D. Coe of Yale University, an expert in pre-Columbian Mesoamerican studies, has written, "Of all the peoples of the pre-Columbian New World, only the ancient Maya had a complete script." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformed_Egyptian)

As I see these so called examples, it immediately brings to my mind some type of shorthand that JS made up to fool many, which he certainly did. One needs to remember that not a lot of people during the early 1800's had much if any schooling, so it was easy to fool people. If it looked authentic or sounded Biblical then it had to be true. How sad that millions today, and many LDS members are well educated, believe these made up stories. Why? Because again, it is all based on appearances; how they are perceived by their leaders, members of their families, co-workers, neighbors and even the community they live in. These men, especially the GA's make good money, sit on Boards of Directors and have college degrees. What keeps them believing when it is so easy to do some research thanks to the internet.

alanmolstad

Moving to the matter of the guy we need to have find our new Mormon Golden Plates.....

As I said before here, the guy we have find the Plates must be carefully chosen.
    He has to be the right guy because a lot is riding on him and the things he does.

For instance, if the guy finds the Plates and thinks that they are something every Mormon needs to see, so he goes on Tv with them?, well then we are in big trouble.

Our whole plan to get all the Mormons to believe in the Golden Plates will fall apart at that point as there is no way that our Golden Plates will stand up to a real scientific examination

So as I said, we need the guy to be a real Player.
    We need him to have some experience with making a few buck$ off whatever he has on hand.
    We need a salesman.
    We need a guy who will look at our Mormon Golden Plates and think to himself right away- "How do I turn this into lots of cash and unlimited pontang?"

Now at first I was thinking that we could just find some random type of guy someplace and use him.
    But the more I have thought about the matter the more I have come to believe that the guy who finds our Golden Plates has to be in on the plan from the very beginning.

The guy has to know from the start that our plates are totally FAKE because we need him to keep the Golden Plates out of the bright light of a real examination by authorities who are experts in determining the age and merit of such archaeological finds .

Now it would have been nice if he was always kept truly in the dark about the real origin of our Golden Plates because that would allow him to p*** a lie-detector test and be completely honest about how he come to find the Golden plates.

But we are going to need him to act in a manner that is very "crazy" in that we cant have him showing the plates to just anyone!
    We need him to hide them from people.
    We need him to keep the Golden Plates under wraps.

So this means that right from the start, the guy who finds the Plates and tells people about them, has to be in on the plan from the beginning.
    He has to have a personal interest in making sure the truth about the Plates never gets out.
    He has to make sure that not even old school friends or neighbors that drop by his house are not even allowed to see the plates.

The other thing is, that it would make everything a lot simpler if the guy who finds the Mormon Golden Plates, was actually also the same guy who made them in the first place.

This would make motivating him to keep the secret a lot more easy.

If the finder was also the only guy who knew that the Mormon Plates were fake, (and that he made them), then he would work all the harder to make sure the truth never came out about them.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-08-2014 at 09:04 AM.