Thread: Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    so I was dealing once with a person who held that the Bible was all myth, and had nothing in agreement with modern science at all.

I asked him, "Where does your godless evolution trace all human life back to"
    "The great apes and man share a family tree" was his answer.

"Good answer" I said.
    But then I asked, "Is that it? Is that all the farther back in time evolution goes? Apes appear out of thin air and we evolved from them after that happened?"

"Well no not at all" came his answer, "The evolution of mankind goes back millions and millions of years before the rise of apes"

"So ok I get that" I then go on to ask, "And can you tell me where this story of evolution started at?"

He paused and suggested that there were likely just simple cells in a tide pool that split and caused all evolution from then on

I challenged this, by asking, "But what came before even that first simple cell?"

This got him to think for a moment, then he answered, "Before that I would guess that the very building blocks of life are what was the start"

"Another Good answer" I told him...."And where are even the most simple building blocks of life from?"

His answer was "They are a natural part of the earth itself, we are a natural evolved part of this planet"

His answer is correct....and it fits nicely next to what the Bible teaches at Genesis 3:19
    It is amazing to me here with all you have ***erted thus far and I still have no idea where your belief in creation leaves off and evolution kicks in?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    It is amazing to me here with all you have ***erted thus far and I still have no idea where your belief in creation leaves off and evolution kicks in?
    I may not understand your question...
    I believe that evolution is a tool of God, that He used to create this universe.

So evolution is as old as the universe is old, and a natural part of it, like light and sound and gravity...

so evolution kicked-in at the Big bang.....