Thread: Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

now as for you request > "what collection of works by Mr. Martin can you point me to that would at least begin to counter the scriptures Mr. Ham presents us with?"

I have no idea...

I grew up listening to all of Martins radio shows for many years while I lived in a large city and faced many hours stuck in trafic listening to the radio.
    I have one book by Walter martin (The Kingdom of the Cults) and that is about all I have of his "works"

I can however point you to something else that might be all I can do...and that is to tell you another story about the cl*** Ken Ham taught.

At one point Mr Ham had made use of a blackboard, (or overhead projector, I'm not sure) and wrote down what he believed was the creation week time line of things that were made....

Ken started his week with the idea that the first thing God made was the "light"

At this point I asked the only question I ever asked in that cl***, I raised my hand and asked, "What does the Bible say God created first "In the beginning"?"

I tried to point out that what the bible teaches in black and white is different than what Ken was teaching...

I talked after cl*** about my question when I was approached by a few of the other students and they questioned me as to my point?
    I told them that "While Ken goes on and on about the "light" being created first, and then he has to struggle to invent a 'sourceless-light" to make his views conform with the text on later days, the bible actually teaches something vastly more simple"

So I asked the guys the same question, "What does the Bible teach was the very first thing God created "In the Beginning?"

The answer I got was "The Bible says that In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth"

Good answer by the way...

So I then asked the students, "Tell me what are the heavens?"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-24-2015 at 08:23 AM.