Thread: Dont share personal information

alanmolstad

Default Dont share personal information

We are all guests here, but we also have a responsibility to monitor the forum conversations and watch for signs of trouble from people that are here for very sick reasons.

...Always be on guard when visiting any site where you might be tricked into giving out too personal of information.
    We are just guests here, and it would be best if as guests we showed respect to all other guests at all times and respected their privacy when concerning their personal information.

We also should always be watching out for signs that some guests seem a bit too interested in learning the personal details of other people.

Websites such as this forum have a way of attracting all kinds of bad people, and given that we have an open door here it is likely that from time to time we run into people here who could be sexual deviants.

I know I will always watch for people I think might be up to no good and will report any bad behavior!

Because of the nature of this forum, it is common for people to ask "What religion are you?" and that's fine.
    Religious teachings, concepts, ideas are valid topics for open discussion.

But we should watch out for questions that go beyond this in seeking our personal details.
    Questions about your personal church, the city you live in, the names of your church family, or the names of your children or parents, are things that are RED FLAGS.

Any time a guest poster seems a bit too interested in learning the personal details of others we should single that person out for attention by the ownership of this forum...

Keeping this forum safe is a duty we share as guests.

If you feel the need to share more details of your personal life?....go back to Facebook.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-11-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    We are all guests here, but we also have a responsibility to monitor the forum conversations and watch for signs of trouble from people that are here for very sick reasons.

...Always be on guard when visiting any site where you might be tricked into giving out too personal of information.
    We are just guests here, and it would be best if as guests we showed respect to all other guests at all times and respected their privacy when concerning their personal information.

We also should always be watching out for signs that some guests seem a bit too interested in learning the personal details of other people.

Websites such as this forum have a way of attracting all kinds of bad people, and given that we have an open door here it is likely that from time to time we run into people here who could be sexual deviants.

I know I will always watch for people I think might be up to no good and will report any bad behavior!

Because of the nature of this forum, it is common for people to ask "What religion are you?" and that's fine.
    Religious teachings, concepts, ideas are valid topics for open discussion.

But we should watch out for questions that go beyond this in seeking our personal details.
    Questions about your personal church, the city you live in, the names of your church family, or the names of your children or parents, are things that are RED FLAGS.

Any time a guest poster seems a bit too interested in learning the personal details of others we should single that person out for attention by the ownership of this forum...

Keeping this forum safe is a duty we share as guests.

If you feel the need to share more details of your personal life?....go back to Facebook.
    You are right. I had problems a few years ago with posters on a Muslim site. They tried to track me down with my IP, and acted in a threatening manner. I never post on Muslim sites any more! Always be careful with them.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

on a site such as this one, and given the type of topics we talk about here, it is natural for people to feel the need to inform others as to their personal church denomination.

I advice against this idea.
    I do not think it's very wise to offer too much in the way of personal information about yourself or your family.

It is easy to stray into areas that are best left alone.
    I dont really want to know what church people go to...I hope they dont get all hot and bothered that I don't tell them what church I go to.

It is possible to just keep the conversations about religious teachings and doctrines without needing to go into personal details.

I also had a big issue with a former member of this forum attempting to go after me in a personal manner ....
    Some people just take things too personal
    They just dont know when to stop....

alanmolstad

its a topic that from time to time needs to be spoken to all