Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fig?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Did you ever happen to tell him that unless he repented of believing in the gospel of Joseph Smith, and put His faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that when he died he would be eternally separated from the True and Living God?
    can you point me to any of the well known Mormons that post on this forum that when someone said that same statement of yours to them and their reaction was "Oh I didn't know that! Hey thanks for the info, that really changes things"....LOL

Come-on, get cereal....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.

alanmolstad

I have taken the liberty of starting a topic that I hope will be a place where people that knew Fig can visit and read about my last thoughts on the man now that he has p***ed away.

He was a very well-known poster on this and I hear other message forums,and so I think it would be nice and appropriate that if someone has a story to tell or an observation that they take the time to come and share.

I would hope that we are able to find things to share about him that don't just remained anchored in the endless debate seen on all the other topics, (Ok, we all get Fig was a Mormon, but he has left this world so dont be an a$$ ),

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I have taken the liberty of starting a topic that I hope will be a place where people that knew Fig can visit and read about my last thoughts on the man now that he has p***ed away.

He was a very well-known poster on this and I hear other message forums,and so I think it would be nice and appropriate that if someone has a story to tell or an observation that they take the time to come and share.

I would hope that we are able to find things to share about him that don't just remained anchored in the endless debate seen on all the other topics, (Ok, we all get Fig was a Mormon, but he has left this world so dont be an a$$ ),
    Thanks again for being so decent regarding my dear departed friend. He really was a good example of turning the other cheek.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Thanks again for being so decent regarding my dear departed friend. He really was a good example of turning the other cheek.
    This may sound crazy, but did he take his fig to the grave with him? Like isn't it part of his apron?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    This may sound crazy, but did he take his fig to the grave with him? Like isn't it part of his apron?
    a legitimate question to ask a Mormon if such is the standard thing that a Mormon man does at his death?

I would not want to make this a specific question about Fig alone as thats a bit personal, but I dont think there is any harm in asking what would be the normal thing to happen at the death of any Mormon man in general?

can you point me to any of the well known Mormons that post on this forum that when someone said that same statement of yours to them and their reaction was "Oh I didn't know that! Hey thanks for the info, that really changes things"....LOL

Come-on, get cereal....
    We are commanded to tell them the truth. What they do with it isn't our responsibility.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    We are commanded to tell them the truth. What they do with it isn't our responsibility.

well, thats kinda ...Amateur-ish
    It's reminds me of that one Bible story of the farmer that walks though his fields casting seed on the ground.
    Remember how in the story it says that the farmer cast some of the seed on the rocks and it died, some got cast on the dry ground and it dies, some got cast on the ground and was eaten by birds. etc, etc, etc?

Most people in church that listen to that story in a sermon might think, "What a great story!"

However in the back row of the church you will find the real farmers sitting, and they listen to that same story and think to themselves something very different.

"That farmer is a moron!"
    "You cant go around planting your crops in such a manner and expect to not starve to death!"
    "It's a waste of good seed if you ask me. Why didn't the farmer in the story Prepare The Ground beforehand ?"!

You get way better yields if you correctly prepare the ground before you bring out the seed to be planted.
    (Clearly the bible story was from a guy who did not actually make a living in farming)

Let me show you a different way to write here that Saint Paul liked to try in his writings.

If you ever want to know what is the greatest lesson found within the Bible about how to get your point across and how to sway people to your side?.....
    Its NOT found in the words spoken by Jesus, (he actually was not all that good at it)

But turn to the book of Philemon.
    There from start to finish you will read from the hand of a true master how to get a point across with style, with power, yet with a very soft touch.

http://www.biblegateway.com/p***age/?search=Philemon+1

Paul is not just "telling the truth and then deciding that it's "all up to the other guy to decided to listen or not"
    Rather Paul takes his careful time to frame his words, couched in hints dropped.
    Paul builds his case...he applies pressurize with love....always with love.

He also leads by example...never lording over the reader.
    Paul brings the other person on to his side, by showing that both you and the other person are actually on the same side..

I think that if a person were truly seeking to reach out to people of a different point of view, (or in the case of this Walter Martin Forum), or their different religion, you would NOT see them doing what I see is the main interest on this forum by many people - .(you know what I mean - picking fights, acting smart-mouthed, and making use of person information when and where it serves the best interest of hurting people, etc) Rather you would be a type of poster that would remind you of how Saint Paul acted in his manner of posting in the letter of Philemon.

drawing the other person close....not slamming them, not hitting them with your fist, but reaching out to them in brotherhood.
    bringing them to your side with a calm spirit of union...

You speak of your responsibility
    What is your responsibility?

|Your "responsibility" is to make better use of the tools God has given you.
    The Bible is said to be a sword, but why do so many use the Bible to do little more than flick the ****ons of the other person?
    Why by their nasty at***ude do so many make moot all the important things they tried to say?

Remember, "you" are the Bible the other person is reading first...not the text you fling at them ,
    you are the text that they do stop to read.

if you act like a ****, then its not just yourself that is colored by this.
    |Its also the religion you were seeking to promote that comes off looking like it's nothing more than a "****'s religion"

And if a person's religion has turned them into a ****, why would anyone seek to take it serious?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-20-2014 at 07:27 AM.

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes.

No.

Fig finished his mortal race and went to be with his Heavenly Father.

Your non-LDS examples toward the LDS is noted.
    HI Richard!! Hey, if you like my comment, there will be more and your anti-Christ, anti-Bible and anti-faith saves and let's not forget, anti-Christian comments; are noted too

Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    HI Richard!! Hey, if you like my comment, there will be more and your anti-Christ, anti-Bible and anti-faith saves and let's not forget, anti-Christian comments; are noted too
    I'm sorry but I think you must have me confused with someone else.

neverending

well, thats kinda ...Amateur-ish
    It's reminds me of that one Bible story of the farmer that walks though his fields casting seed on the ground.
    Remember how in the story it says that the farmer cast some of the seed on the rocks and it died, some got cast on the dry ground and it dies, some got cast on the ground and was eaten by birds. etc, etc, etc?

Most people in church that listen to that story in a sermon might think, "What a great story!"

However in the back row of the church you will find the real farmers sitting, and they listen to that same story and think to themselves something very different.

"That farmer is a moron!"
    "You cant go around planting your crops in such a manner and expect to not starve to death!"
    "It's a waste of good seed if you ask me. Why didn't the farmer in the story Prepare The Ground beforehand ?"!

You get way better yields if you correctly prepare the ground before you bring out the seed to be planted.
    (Clearly the bible story was from a guy who did not actually make a living in farming)

Let me show you a different way to write here that Saint Paul liked to try in his writings.

If you ever want to know what is the greatest lesson found within the Bible about how to get your point across and how to sway people to your side?.....
    Its NOT found in the words spoken by Jesus, (he actually was not all that good at it)

But turn to the book of Philemon.
    There from start to finish you will read from the hand of a true master how to get a point across with style, with power, yet with a very soft touch.

http://www.biblegateway.com/p***age/?search=Philemon+1

Paul is not just "telling the truth and then deciding that it's "all up to the other guy to decided to listen or not"
    Rather Paul takes his careful time to frame his words, couched in hints dropped.
    Paul builds his case...he applies pressurize with love....always with love.

He also leads by example...never lording over the reader.
    Paul brings the other person on to his side, by showing that both you and the other person are actually on the same side..

I think that if a person were truly seeking to reach out to people of a different point of view, (or in the case of this Walter Martin Forum), or their different religion, you would NOT see them doing what I see is the main interest on this forum by many people - .(you know what I mean - picking fights, acting smart-mouthed, and making use of person information when and where it serves the best interest of hurting people, etc) Rather you would be a type of poster that would remind you of how Saint Paul acted in his manner of posting in the letter of Philemon.

drawing the other person close....not slamming them, not hitting them with your fist, but reaching out to them in brotherhood.
    bringing them to your side with a calm spirit of union...

You speak of your responsibility
    What is your responsibility?

|Your "responsibility" is to make better use of the tools God has given you.
    The Bible is said to be a sword, but why do so many use the Bible to do little more than flick the ****ons of the other person?
    Why by their nasty at***ude do so many make moot all the important things they tried to say?

Remember, "you" are the Bible the other person is reading first...not the text you fling at them ,
    you are the text that they do stop to read.

if you act like a ****, then its not just yourself that is colored by this.
    |Its also the religion you were seeking to promote that comes off looking like it's nothing more than a "****'s religion"

And if a person's religion has turned them into a ****, why would anyone seek to take it serious?

Oh, you mean Mormonism? I've known many Mormons who were ****s! So many of them think they are better then you or I because they have the, "truth"? And for you to criticize Jesus is shameful! I am shocked by your words here and have to say this, why then if your approach of preaching had NO effect on Fig? You must not have spoken well, else he would have listened and turned from Mormonism. So, what happened alan?

Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Oh, you mean Mormonism? I've known many Mormons who were ****s! So many of them think they are better then you or I because they have the, "truth"?
    But don't you and the other non-Mormons here believe you have the truth? Haven't you recently stated that Mormons are all going to Hell, but that you will be in Heaven? Doesn't this come across as being a "****"? Do you think maybe you have misrepresented Mormons as being ****s based on their convictions?

And for you to criticize Jesus is shameful! I am shocked by your words here and have to say this, why then if your approach of preaching had NO effect on Fig? You must not have spoken well, else he would have listened and turned from Mormonism. So, what happened alan?
    I've read a lot of hostility from your posts toward alan. But I have to question this comment. Wouldn't that be like saying that Jesus must not have spoken well since many did not listen and turn from their ways? Is that a fair criticism to make about someone, considering it is the Lord and the Holy Ghost that speak to the heart to convert, not the fluency of the deliverer.

alanmolstad

I'm sorry but I think you must have me confused with someone else.
    finally you post.....!

about time ...I was wondering ....

neverending

But don't you and the other non-Mormons here believe you have the truth? Haven't you recently stated that Mormons are all going to Hell, but that you will be in Heaven? Doesn't this come across as being a "****"? Do you think maybe you have misrepresented Mormons as being ****s based on their convictions?

I've read a lot of hostility from your posts toward alan. But I have to question this comment. Wouldn't that be like saying that Jesus must not have spoken well since many did not listen and turn from their ways? Is that a fair criticism to make about someone, considering it is the Lord and the Holy Ghost that speak to the heart to convert, not the fluency of the deliverer.
    Zeus,
    It isn't only Mormons who will go to Hell, it is all unbelievers; all those who reject Jesus Christ and his gospel. Now I know what you're going to say, "Mormons believe in Jesus Christ, his name is on all our Ward and Stake houses." It doesn't matter what you call your church if you're believing doctrines that are counter to the true gospel of Christ which is found ONLY in the Bible, not from some extra-Bibical drivel. And if you've read your BoM, it doesn't even teach the main doctrines of Mormonism for those came through the warped mind of JS and BY. Why claim such a book that doesn't teach Mormon doctrines?
    And YES, it is the Holy Spirit that speaks to a person, opening their eyes to God's truths. Most Mormons go around with their eyes closed and never hear the promptings because they are convinced that what they believe is the ONLY truth and anything else is total nonsense and so it must be dismissed as such. Do read 1 John 5:13, that is what I claim and KNOW that someday I will be in heaven. It is there for anyone to read for themselves for it is true.
    And for my posts to alan, when someone criticizes my Lord I will come out against that person. To say that Paul was more eloquent then Jesus, that is offensive! The prophets and apostles wrote and said what the Holy Spirit lead them to do. When someone constantly comes across acting like they run this site, I will say something. alan is not the know all of this site but have you not seen that he has something to say on every thread? I say that he is to caught up in himself and his own importance, which I find offensive. He goes on and on about the p***ing of Fig, a member who once made comments here but yet alan failed to convince Fig to come to Jesus, so guess Alan's way of speaking wasn't so eloquent or Fig would have denounced Mormonism. God chooses who will come to Him. I for example questioned Mormonism from a young age and I didn't realize that God's Holy Spirit had been speaking to me for many years til the day I went through the temple to be married.....that was my eye opening moment. I praise GOD for His love and grace.