Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fig will be missed. ( the p***ing of a forum member)

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    The part that comes after the "but..." is where people seek to justify themselves.

Its like when Jesus talked about being a good neighbor....People want to find a way to justify their own thoughts and past actions, so they point fingers and ask, "Was he MY brother?", "Who is MY neighbor?"

(In other words, we seek to justify ourselves by turning the question around and into one where we get to judge others. - Are THEY my brother?...Are THEY my neighbor?)

The idea is that if we can convince ourselves that the other person was not acting like our "brother" or our "neighbor", then we don't have to treat him like such.

But, we do....
    But, on the other hand, aren't you simply giving lurkers and others a foolish sense of ***urance - the nice guy salvation lie? Seems to me that you are being deluded by your belief that Fig was such a nice guy and ignoring the truth of the matter. . I won't judge his salvation, but I will tell you this: he consistently fought against the Gospel of Christ, believed in a false god and an Impostor Jesus, and seems to have bamboozled you too. I know for a fact that he preached Mormonism day in and out. That's the danger of Mormonism. Some people become deluded into believing that all these "nice" Mormons are saved. Without Christ. Without the gospel. Take that lie elsewhere.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

James Banta

The part that comes after the "but..." is where people seek to justify themselves.

Its like when Jesus talked about being a good neighbor....People want to find a way to justify their own thoughts and past actions, so they point fingers and ask, "Was he MY brother?", "Who is MY neighbor?"

(In other words, we seek to justify ourselves by turning the question around and into one where we get to judge others. - Are THEY my brother?...Are THEY my neighbor?)

The idea is that if we can convince ourselves that the other person was not acting like our "brother" or our "neighbor", then we don't have to treat him like such.

But, we do....
    Can God judge? Yes? Then when we read his judgements in his word we either deny His righteousness or we submit to them that they are the truth.. If we do that we know that there is one God, that the Father is invisible and Jesus is the physical, image of God's invisible nature, that the Holy Spirit is there to convict of sin and lead us to His salvation by the cross and comfort us of God's faithfulness. Is it therefore wrong to restate God's judgments that we must hold faith in Jesus to gain grace?

Could I set a garden gnome up in my garden and call it Jesus and say that it is the same Jesus that suffered for our sins? Sure I can. If anyone believes in that Jesus gnome will such faith save them or must we have faith in the Jesus revealed in the Bible? Anyone that doesn't have faith in the Jesus of the Bible the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of peace is lost.. If Fig retained his mormon beliefs about who God is then Fig was condemned to hell at his death.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    What I posted was from the Bible - maybe you don't agree with it.
    I posted a link to a video by Walter Martin, and as far as I know I agree 100% with Walter on what he says in the video.

If there is a question about the teaching from Walter in the video Im not sure I can speak to that matter, but I can try.

Was there anything in the video you have a question about?

alanmolstad

[B][SIZE=3]But, on the other hand, aren't you simply giving lurkers .....
    ........"lurkers".............eh?

Pay attention to me all you "lurkers", this is what Im trying to say to everyone, including YOU!

What I'm saying here (on post number #17 of this topic), is what I think is not only in-line with proper Christ-like behavior, it's also the best way to reach out to people at such times of loss.

Thats it, thats all Im saying.
    Thats what the fuss is all about.

The advice I give you guys here, little as it is, ( again I am referring to post #17 of this topic) is actually better than the things I see posted lately that seem to go on and on, repeating the same tired message, that never worked even one time while Fig was still with us, let alone work now...LOL

I received a Private message the other day on the topic , in the PM the person (who shall remain un-named) went on-and-on with the same dulling comments that they have been making and being ignored for making for years.

That's all they got....
    Their gas tank of "evangelism ideas" has run dry.
    So they just burp-up the same old stuff as if- "This time it will really sink in!"

But I got little time to entertain such foolishness.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-28-2014 at 12:10 PM.

neverending

........"lurkers".............eh?

Pay attention to me all you "lurkers", this is what Im trying to say to everyone, including YOU!

What I'm saying here (on post number #17 of this topic), is what I think is not only in-line with proper Christ-like behavior, it's also the best way to reach out to people at such times of loss.

Thats it, thats all Im saying.
    Thats what the fuss is all about.

The advice I give you guys here, little as it is, ( again I am referring to post #17 of this topic) is actually better than the things I see posted lately that seem to go on and on, repeating the same tired message, that never worked even one time while Fig was still with us, let alone work now...LOL

I received a Private message the other day on the topic , in the PM the person (who shall remain un-named) went on-and-on with the same dulling comments that they have been making and being ignored for making for years.

That's all they got....
    Their gas tank of "evangelism ideas" has run dry.
    So they just burp-up the same old stuff as if- "This time it will really sink in!"

But I got little time to entertain such foolishness.
    alan: which side are you on? And now preaching the cross and Christ's teachings of salvation is foolishness (to those who are perishing). I think you need to point your finger right at yourself. You called Fig your friend? If so, he certainly didn't listen to you either so what was the problem alan? You claimed God chose you before you were born to see His light well, Fig evidently wasn't chosen or he would have seen the light too and been saved.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    alan: ...... I think you need to....
    There you go again...

Tell you what I will do, I will re-post the main point I am making here on this topic, and if you go over it and if there is something found you think is wrong?, something that is non-Christian?, or shows poor manners?, or is disrespectful of others?,....then you may ask me to go over that again...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-28-2014 at 01:11 PM.

alanmolstad

The P***ings... (My text of reference is 1 Corinthians 4:5)

When we know someone who has died, the thing to do that shows good manners is to grant the person the "benefit of the doubt" because we know that our judgements are always flawed.

We look on the outside, we judge according to the things we see and hear that the other person did.
    But we don't know their heart.
    We dont know of the struggles that the other person may have faced.
    We never heard all their prayers like the Lord has.
    We never searched the hidden corners of their heart, saw the doubts, saw their unanswered questions, or saw the unspoken of hurts.

That's the thing we always need to be careful about.
    For sometimes in our haste to sit in judgement of others we fall into the trap that Jesus warned us about when he said "Judge not ..."

Sure, I fully understand the temptation to judge they who have p***ed is great at times.
    All of us will know some people that we regard as "Lost" and in our hearts believe that they simply had rejected the only means of salvation offered to men.

But what keeps us from standing up and speaking our thoughts to the loved ones left behind ie - "Your dad is in Hell!", is that we don't know that for a fact.

Our judgements are flawed.

But what we do know for a fact is that we can trust our Lord to judge us all rightly.

Then what shall we say to the widow?....what words do we speak to the children of someone who has died?....what words of comfort do we brings to the grieving?

Each of us has to make that call....

I cant tell you what you should say during such times as it's always a hard and awkward moment, be it in person , at a funeral, or on the web.

But I can tell you what I say in such a situation - "I pray that Fig has found rest"

RealFakeHair

When we know someone who has died, the thing to do that shows good manners is to grant the person the "benefit of the doubt" because we know that our judgements are always flawed.

We look on the outside, we judge according to the things we see and hear that the other person did.
    We never searched the hidden corners of their heart, saw the doubts, saw their unanswered questions, or saw the unspoken of hurts.

For sometimes in our haste to sit in judgement of others we fall into the trap that Jesus warned us about when he said "Judge not ..."

Sure, I fully understand the temptation to judge they who have p***ed is great at times.
    All of us will know some people that we regard as "Lost" and in our hearts believe that they simply had rejected the only means of salvation offered to men.

But what keeps us from standing up and speaking our thoughts to the loved ones left behind ie - "Your dad is in Hell!", is that we don't know that for a fact.

But what we do know for a fact is that we can trust our Lord to judge us all rightly.

Then what shall we say to the widow?....what words do we speak to the children of someone who has died?....what words of comfort do we brings to the grieving?

I cant tell you what you should say during such times as it's always a hard and awkward moment, be it in person , at a funeral, or on the web.

But I can tell you what I say in such a situation - "I pray that Fig has found rest"
    Some times we are caught between a rock and a hard spot.
    If I knew a person had rejected the Saving Grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible, and if I were asks the do the poor departed service. I would not place them in Hell or Heaven, but I would put enough info out there so others could make their own call.

alan: which side are you on? And now preaching the cross and Christ's teachings of salvation is foolishness (to those who are perishing). I think you need to point your finger right at yourself. You called Fig your friend? If so, he certainly didn't listen to you either so what was the problem alan? You claimed God chose you before you were born to see His light well, Fig evidently wasn't chosen or he would have seen the light too and been saved.
    I was going to ask the same question.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Better that you pray that he found Christ!

But, we do....
    That was an excellent mini-sermon, and a good reminder for all of us. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    That was an excellent mini-sermon, and a good reminder for all of us. Thanks for posting it.
    Well, at least I've told you the truth, Jeff. You need to repent, and all the "mini sermons" from alan won't help you unless you do. You've turned your back on the Gospel and consistently fight against Christians. I hope this Mormon's death has some impact on you - if you die in Joseph Smith you will be eternally separated from God. Come to Christ.

alanmolstad

we should always use our screen nwame ( there is a rule about it)

we should always use our screen nwame ( there is a rule about it)
    Maybe you should be more concerned with your current propagation of some kind of univeralism.

alanmolstad

my posts have never been better...

and if you check you will see the rule i listed

alanmolstad

Maybe you should be more concerned with your current propagation of some kind of univeralism.
    I have been out of town for the last few days, and did not see this post until later and then I was not able to really respond until now.

so this is my response:

First off - I would say that none of the things I have ever posted here are my ideas.
    I have posted a few links to some Walter Martin videos and that seems to be where you take objection to my actions.

I doubt you actually watched these short videos based on your misunderstanding of what they teach....so I then have to credit your comment about "universalism" to your simply not knowing the details of what you were commenting on.

Secondly - My point is that even when joking we should always try to use the correct screen-name of the person we are addressing.
    Now there are some screen names that are difficult to write or say out loud, and i can understand that if a person has a Screen name that is overly long ( like my own)to write that we can expect some shorting without needing to believe its disrespectful of the other person.

Also there is the normal shorting of a longer name that has a common shorter form...Jim for James....Al for Alan....Sue for Suzann etc..and "Fig" for the name he had that was a mile long..that also is normal and does not mean any disrespect to the person.

But on the other hand, there are things that do seem to be a pointed use of a non-screen name for the aim of embarr***ment or to cause hurt and confusion.
    That is something that we should point out is against the rules.

The rules that govern this website (that we all have already agreed to follow) do state that we should only use the screen names of others on the forum.

So if in the middle of a conversation any of use make use of a non-screen name when talking to the other person we should also point out if it was "just a joke" to the other person and to others who might get the wrong idea as to what is allowed here as far as showing the proper respect for each other.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-03-2014 at 10:13 AM.

neverending

I have been out of town for the last few days, and did not see this post until later and then I was not able to really respond until now.

so this is my response:

First off - I would say that none of the things I have ever posted here are my ideas.
    I have posted a few links to some Walter Martin videos and that seems to be where you take objection to my actions.

I doubt you actually watched these short videos based on your misunderstanding of what they teach....so I then have to credit your comment about "universalism" to your simply not knowing the details of what you were commenting on.

Secondly - My point is that even when joking we should always try to use the correct screen-name of the person we are addressing.
    Now there are some screen names that are difficult to write or say out loud, and i can understand that if a person has a Screen name that is overly long ( like my own)to write that we can expect some shorting without needing to believe its disrespectful of the other person.

Also there is the normal shorting of a longer name that has a common shorter form...Jim for James....Al for Alan....Sue for Suzann etc..and "Fig" for the name he had that was a mile long..that also is normal and does not mean any disrespect to the person.

But on the other hand, there are things that do seem to be a pointed use of a non-screen name for the aim of embarr***ment or to cause hurt and confusion.
    That is something that we should point out is against the rules.

The rules that govern this website (that we all have already agreed to follow) do state that we should only use the screen names of others on the forum.

So if in the middle of a conversation any of use make use of a non-screen name when talking to the other person we should also point out if it was "just a joke" to the other person and to others who might get the wrong idea as to what is allowed here as far as showing the proper respect for each other.
    Mountains out of mole hills? I really don't see the problem with calling someone by their real name, if that person has no objections. As for my husband, James, well he uses his real name. I don't find it disrespectful at all. Guess you see things differently but as I said, unless someone objects to being called by their real name, I see no problem with doing so.

alanmolstad

Mountains out of mole hills? I really don't see the problem with calling someone by their real name, if that person has no objections.
    just play by the given rules...that's all any of us should be expected to do.

But I dont think we should just decide for ourselves what rules we shall keep and what ones we get to break.

When we came here and registered we agreed to follow the given rules of the site....
    if later we find that we would rather not follow the rules?...then we should perhaps find other websites where we wont look like we cant keep our word...

neverending

just play by the given rules...that's all any of us should be expected to do.

But I dont think we should just decide for ourselves what rules we shall keep and what ones we get to break.

When we came here and registered we agreed to follow the given rules of the site....
    if later we find that we would rather not follow the rules?...then we should perhaps find other websites where we wont look like we cant keep our word...
    alan, get over yourself! You're not any better then anyone else here. If you think so, then you have a huge problem!

alan, get over yourself! You're not any better then anyone else here. If you think so, then you have a huge problem!
    I think he is better, behavior-wise, than some people here.

neverending

Sure, he is, it's patronizing is all.

alanmolstad

thanks phoenix

I try not to call anyone a "****", but then again neither did Fig so he set a good example for us to follow

RealFakeHair

thanks phoenix

I try not to call anyone a "****", but then again neither did Fig so he set a good example for us to follow
    I don't care if I am called a ****, Steve Martin, made millions being a ****!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I don't care if I am called a ****, Steve Martin, made millions being a ****!
    In that movie do you actually remember anyone calling Steve that?______

RealFakeHair

In that movie do you actually remember anyone calling Steve that?______
    No really he is a jurk!