Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The WARPED Personality of Joseph Smith

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Phoenix,

You reminded me of this one:

A Mormon guy in line to get lunch leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a Mormon joke?"

The guy next to him replies, "Well before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs., and I am an anti-Mormon. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2 tall, weighs 225, and he's an anti-Mormon. The fella next to him is 6'5 tall, weighs 250, and he's an anti-Mormon. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?"

The first guy says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it 3 times."

I am not too smart, so were these suppose to be dumb because they are big and strong or was it because they were anti? IHS jim

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But with people who are religious, I think they are not that different. I think a lot of religious people don't find jokes about their religion, made by people who hate their religion, to be funny.
    It depends....

I got to tell you, I have heard some mighty funny jokes told my guys who clearly hate the whole Christian faith.

Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I am not too smart, so were these suppose to be dumb because they are big and strong or was it because they were anti? IHS jim
    Explaining a joke loses its impact, so I'll let you decide which way you think will make it funnier. And if you don't find it funny either way, that's okay too.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Explaining a joke loses its impact, so I'll let you decide which way you think will make it funnier. And if you don't find it funny either way, that's okay too.
    Then having mormonism involved is unnecessary.. They were dumb because of their size making it hard for them to understand.. I have a funny one I will tell sometime about a eastern dude minister coming to Wyoming to pastor his first church.. IHS jim

Zeus

Then having mormonism involved is unnecessary.. They were dumb because of their size making it hard for them to understand..
    Might be a little over-****yzation of a joke, but glad you worked it out to your satisfaction.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    It depends....

I got to tell you, I have heard some mighty funny jokes told my guys who clearly hate the whole Christian faith.
    Ok here is the joke I promised:

A newly graduated minister from an eastern Bible school was called by a small church in Wyoming. All the members laughed at his eastern ways but his attempts to fit in made the member fall in love with him. Because of their affection they gave him a horse. That moved him so much he started using the horse to make all his calls on the church members. He even taught the horse a few tricks. He taught it to run as fast as he could when the pastor called out "Praise the Lord" and to come to a complete stop when he called out "AMEN"..

One day as he was out calling and the horse started to run and wouldn't slow down.. Soon the pastor saw that they were approaching the edge of a mesa and a sheer cliff that dropped down a few hundred feet. He pull the horse in and shouted Wo WO.. But he wouldn't slow. Then he remembered and shouted "Amen, AMEN". The horse skidded to a stop just two or three steps from the edge.. In relief the Pastor said "Praise the Lord"..

Now that is a funny joke.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Ok here is the joke I promised:

A newly graduated minister from an eastern Bible school was called by a small church in Wyoming. All the members laughed at his eastern ways but his attempts to fit in made the member fall in love with him. Because of their affection they gave him a horse. That moved him so much he started using the horse to make all his calls on the church members. He even taught the horse a few tricks. He taught it to run as fast as he could when the pastor called out "Praise the Lord" and to come to a complete stop when he called out "AMEN"..

One day as he was out calling and the horse started to run and wouldn't slow down.. Soon the pastor saw that they were approaching the edge of a mesa and a sheer cliff that dropped down a few hundred feet. He pull the horse in and shouted Wo WO.. But he wouldn't slow. Then he remembered and shouted "Amen, AMEN". The horse skidded to a stop just two or three steps from the edge.. In relief the Pastor said "Praise the Lord"..

Now that is a funny joke.. IHS jim
    Here is one of my favorite. an Evangelist was on a week long revival and on each night the offering plate was p***ed there would be only a few coins. So to set an example on the last night of the revival the evangelist put in a ten dollar bill in plate before it was p***ed around hoping the congregation might take the hint.
    On his way home from the last night of the revival he turn to his son and say he was so disappointed that the members didn't respond to his juster because the nights tally was only 10 dollars and 34 cent. To that his son replied. "Dad if you had put more in you would have gotten more back."