Thread: different yet in union.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

So thats how it works with the question of our salvation.

We have freewill.
    The Bible tells us that unless we repent and draw close to God we will die in our sins.
    The Lord instructed his church to go into all the world and make Disciples...

Because we cant see men's hearts, we must look and judge people by their works.

If a person asks if someone is a Christian?..I would have to judge their faith by the works that show in the person's life.
    Do they belong to a good christian church?
    Are they baptized?
    Do they share their faith in such a way as to show they know what the faith is?
    Do their actions reflect the life of Christ and the way God's Grace changes people?

All these are the normal ways a person looks at to see and judge if another is truly Born Again and a saved christian or not.

We have to use such tools because we dont know the future...we dont know the heart...we dont know what things have happened or will happen in the secret hearts of men.

All these things are true , and yet are not the way God looks at this issue at all.....

alanmolstad

Now God looks at the universe differently.

God knows the end from the beginning.
    God does not 'find out" stuff...Gid does not learn new things....God does not change from one thing to another.

God does not age, never knows the p***ing of time, does not have a "next" moment.

Therefore, before I was born, God already saw me, knew me, loved me...

And my salvation was never in doubt with God.
    God did not have to "hope" I one day believed...God knew this from the beginning as it was always this way in his plan before the universe was created.

Nothing was left to "chance"

Nothing was left for me to "decide"

My salvation was set in stone before the universe was created, and nothing , nothing, nothing can ever change this.

alanmolstad

So.....Im like the p***enger on the ship.

I both have freedom to control my actions, yet Im not in control and never will be.

I have the freedom, yet my freedom does not take away the sovereignty of God in even the slightest way.

God's sovereignty takes into account my freewill.