Thread: different yet in union.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Default different yet in union.

How was I saved?

What is the chain of events?

Who did what?....Who did what first?

Now personally I never had an issue with the means of salvation that men receive....but there are a few of us that really get themselves in a bunch over the question of "Freewill vs God's sovereignty" ?

But I'm not bible scholar, however I can tell you how I look at the question and how it works that there are two different points of view on the issue, both are very different, yet both work hand-in-hand with each other and are in union.

Its like-
    You are the p***enger on a large ship.
    you have the right to walk around the deck of the ship in any direction you want.
    Clockwise, counter clockwise, it makes NO DIFFERENCE!.

The ship is not effected by your freewill ....the ship is not challenged by allowing you this amount of freewill to decided for yourself what direction you want to walk around the ship.

and...regardless of what direction you pick to walk, the real direction that the ship of sailing is totally unaffected!.

Who gave you this freedom to decide what direction to walk?.....the Skipper of the ship.

The Skipper is always the guy in full control of the direction of the ship.
    The Skipper's word is LAW on the ship....

The Skipper's control of the ship is not in the slightest bit threatened by the freewill of a p***enger to walk whatever direction around the deck he wants.....

That is what my salvation is like, and how my freewill works hand-in-hand with the lord's sovereignty.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-27-2014 at 01:44 PM.