Thread: Miracles or not?

Default Miracles or not?

In the Scriptures we have a record of many things done by God we call miracles. What about miracles not done by God or His prophets? For example in Exodus 7, Pharoah's magicians match the miracles of Moses and Aaron, in Acts 16 a girl who can foretell the future and we see in Revelation 13 a beast performs sings and wonders deceiving many. So the question is are these kind of things miracles, are they supernatural, are they going on today? Any thoughts?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    In the Scriptures we have a record of many things done by God we call miracles. What about miracles not done by God or His prophets? For example in Exodus 7, Pharoah's magicians match the miracles of Moses and Aaron, in Acts 16 a girl who can foretell the future and we see in Revelation 13 a beast performs sings and wonders deceiving many. So the question is are these kind of things miracles, are they supernatural, are they going on today? Any thoughts?
    There are no miracles God doesn't allow to happen. Satan, aint no wussy, he got lots of power, but it is all up to God as to its uses.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    There are no miracles God doesn't allow to happen. Satan, aint no wussy, he got lots of power, but it is all up to God as to its uses.
    I agree that nothing happens unless God allows it. Fallen angels or demons are not subject to what we call natural laws. They are capable of things that seem miraculous to humans but are natural to them and I think we see some of this today.

alanmolstad

For example in Exodus 7, Pharoah's magicians match the miracles of Moses and Aaron?
    Magicians are just slight of hand tricksters that need the person watching to want it to be real magic....

alanmolstad

Acts 16 a girl who can foretell the future ?
    From the story we are told she had a spirit that was controlling her.

Any time I read about a claim to know the future I have my doubts....
    There was a family friend of mine who claimed to know the future, and so I asked her to tell me the next week's LOTO numbers?.....the person smiled and said it "does not work like that"

too bad....

Disciple, I was wondering if you would also consider this related to your OP question?

In another Christian site came the answer to a specific question “Where did Seth's wife come from?” A good number believe it was not a great matter that God would create her as well.

One GO priest maintained the continuation of God’s miracles to this day with John 5:17 as a bases.

In it Jesus says,

“My Father is working until now, and I am working.”
    I would have to concur to this with Colossians 1:17:

“He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.”
    The stories behind all the reports of miracles the world has seen of let’s say, the top one hundred in the last century and set before us to review and make the call, saying whether they are demonic counterfeits or divine origin, would you be inclined as I, that it would take the gift of discerning of spirits, or of wisdom to cancel the doubt of hair-splitting calls?

Thank God there isn’t a commission somewhere required to fulfill this, but then again, where the Church of Christ stands in the middle of satanic strongholds, true strongholds, may just require such.

God bless.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    [SIZE=3]

In another Christian site came the answer to a specific question “Where did Seth's wife come from?” A good number believe it was not a great matter that God would create her as well.

]
    As for the question from where did Seth get his wife?
    The answer is, "The Bible does not say"

All the rest of the stuff that is added to this answer is just based on guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

All the rest of the stuff that is added to this answer is just based on guesswork.
    "Then Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, , and he had other sons and daughters." (Gen 5:7)
    In respect of the original post, we may want to start another thread sometime down the road. I will say this, in light of v7, and v17 in John it is open-ended with two strong possibilities scarcely if ever to be concluded one way or the other. It nether denies nor accepts conclusion.

Mike.

alanmolstad

bump.........

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Disciple, I was wondering if you would also consider this related to your OP question?

One GO priest maintained the continuation of God’s miracles to this day with John 5:17 as a bases.

In it Jesus says,

I would have to concur to this with Colossians 1:17:

The stories behind all the reports of miracles the world has seen of let’s say, the top one hundred in the last century and set before us to review and make the call, saying whether they are demonic counterfeits or divine origin, would you be inclined as I, that it would take the gift of discerning of spirits, or of wisdom to cancel the doubt of hair-splitting calls?

Thank God there isn’t a commission somewhere required to fulfill this, but then again, where the Church of Christ stands in the middle of satanic strongholds, true strongholds, may just require such.

God bless.

Hi Mike,

I would have to say it is hard for us to discern since we mostly reason with human reasoning. Alan makes a good point, "the bible does not say", there are things we cannot know the answer to even if we search the scriptures. But my OP was not just about the things which cause us to be curious but more about the things meant to deceive us. It is usually easy to spot the tricks of man but what about the "hair-splitting calls", do many believers know God's purpose and character well enough to see if things were done by His hand? The New Testament admonishes many times, "do not be deceived" so perhaps we are called to be more discerning that we are.

alanmolstad

"Does the Bible have the answer for all our questions?"

the answer is "NO"

Its when we want the Bible to answer a question so much that we 'help it along" where we get into trouble.
    The Bible speaks on the topics it speak on....But when we try to force the Bible to have an answer that it has not provided we end up in error.

"Does the Bible have the answer for all our questions?"

the answer is "NO"

Its when we want the Bible to answer a question so much that we 'help it along" where we get into trouble PhenQ Diet Pills .
    The Bible speaks on the topics it speak on....But when we try to force the Bible to have an answer that it has not provided we end up in error.
    It is the best time make these question on top seriously (Y)