Thread: MORMON TEMPLE CEREMONY, (secretly recorded video)

alanmolstad

Default MORMON TEMPLE CEREMONY, (secretly recorded video)

alanmolstad

This video is a nice long one, and Im still going over what is seen in the video, but right at the start i have a question...

At the 2:00 point of the video it talks about a "garment" that people have been given to represent the garment given to Adam and Eve.

However when i read the story of Adam and Eve, the garment they were given by God is made out of the flesh of an animal.
    And that seems to be at odds to the design of the "aprons" I see Mormons wear http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.6080...800707&pid=1.7

Looks to me to be more like a fig leaf design rather than a animal skin design.
    And the fig leaf apron was man's idea and was not good enough at all and was replaced by god...

Whats the deal?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    This video is a nice long one, and Im still going over what is seen in the video, but right at the start i have a question...

At the 2:00 point of the video it talks about a "garment" that people have been given to represent the garment given to Adam and Eve.

However when i read the story of Adam and Eve, the garment they were given by God is made out of the flesh of an animal.
    And that seems to be at odds to the design of the "aprons" I see Mormons wear http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.6080...800707&pid=1.7

And the fig leaf apron was man's idea and was not good enough at all and was replaced by god...

Whats the deal?
    I think it was Joseph Smith jr. just being a prankster, thinking to himself, "if they believe this."

Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

Whats the deal?
    As one who has been to the temple, I choose not to discuss those things openly (especially in a context where the focus is on ridicule rather than understanding).

But I will say that you are misunderstanding and conflating things which is why you do not understand.

I wouldn't be surprised of all the other LDS choose also to not engage in dialogue about the temple.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    ...... and conflating things .......
    "conflating" eh?

Well Im not sure how that matters here, but it is true I had Root beer with some ice cream last night, and this morning there was a bit of a "g***y" episode or two, (I blamed it on the dog anyway)

alanmolstad

this should help the guest