Thread: Who has that ***?

alanmolstad

Default Who has that ***?

When you are member of a church and you start to see that the leadership of your church is teaching error, who has the *** of fixing that situation?

Is it you?

This question came up on another topic and i wanted to dig deeper into the issues that this question can raise here.

Lets say you are a member of a church.
    And you love your church, and you respect the leadership.
    But then one day you notice that there is a teaching that he taught in your church that you cant agree with.

You study the issue more and more, but as you come to your final conclusions about the matter you find that you now believe that your church leadership is very much in error.

Not just a little error, but it turns out that you now see a fundamental error is being taught.

Is it your *** to correct the leadership?..............I think it is.

The reason I think it is , is that this is the reason the Christian faith is set up the way it is....this is the reason that the veil in the Temple was ripped from top to bottom.
    It was ripped open to show us that each person, (all on their own) now is free to walk right into the Most Holy Place....that because of this new relationship that each Christian has with the Lord, we do not need someone to stand between us and our Lord.

OK...I admit, This is at odds with a lot of concepts of Church leadership to be sure!

We tend to view our church leadership as being in sort of a "chain of command", where we cant approach the Lord on our own, but have to seek out other men to go before the Lord for us.

Truth does not come to us, rather we are taught that truth comes from God, down to the church leader, then to us.
    So in other words, we have no ability to find the truth on our own.

But that is wrong!

Each of us is now a member of a faith that is completely filled with priests, that each of us have the right to enter into the Holy Place and talk to God.

That's the good news..
    Now here comes the bad news...

This, however also means that we cant shift the blame for errors in a church we belong to.
    We cant duck out of the responsibility of the error being taught if we also hold that each person has the same right to seek truth.

We cant just hide in the back row of the church and pretend that the errors we see being taught are up to "God" to fix...."Its god's church, let Him fix it"

And, yet that is what a Lot of people do.
    They toss up their hands and ask, "What can one person do?"

They have this idea that the church leadership is so important to god, that if they fell into error that god would rush fix it.

So people sit....say nothing....pretend its none of their concern....and errors are preached in god's name.

My view is that it is wrong to think its "God's Problem"and then do nothing.
    Thinking that its only God's concern and His problem is actually to show disrespect to god.

It's like , it's like if I woke up this morning and saw all the fresh snow in the driveway, and knew my family had to get out today for work and school....yet rather than getting dressed and getting at the *** of clearing the path out I simply rolled over in bed and said that the snow was "God's Problem"

Should we just pray about it?

Do you think it would help if I prayed about the matter?

Do you think it would make God happy that rather than getting dressed and out there dealing with the snow, I instead knelt in prayer for 2 hours and prayed for "God to clear the snow"??????

Do you think God would be happy to hear me praying for Him to do something while my snow-****er sits quiet and my children miss school?????

My view of that is- that my God should be worshiped and honored, but never relied on to do my work for me....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-21-2014 at 06:59 AM.

So if we apply the above to Joseph Smith, it helps us see what he did in a positive light?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    So if we apply the above to Joseph Smith, it helps us see what he did in a positive light?
    He did what in a positive light? Remember now Satan transformed himself into the angel of light.