Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can you stomach the blasphemy?

James Banta

In the call of Matthias to fill the place among the 12 that Judas gave up because of his denial we see that there were others outside the 12 that followed Jesus from the beginning of His mortal ministry. were there some that were there because if the signs and wonders, most certainly and yet there were some that believe in Jesus. Men like Matthias, Nicodemus, Joseph of Arimathaea, Mary His mother, Mary, Martha, Lazarus.. The list of faithful believers is long and not at all inclusive. There were many that believed on Him even though His words could be hard for many to hear..

I am not saying that Smith had no followers, I am saying that Smith did nothing as will as Jesus, especially not hold his church together.. Today the LDS church has many differences to the church Smith gave birth to and nurtured.. IHS jim

James Banta

That social economic cl*** could you belong to as a missionary? You had no income, unless you want to say that you received wage. You had to receive outside support from others that had an income.. You had nothing, you were des***ute, living off the charity of others. That would make you wrong again.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    That social economic cl*** could you belong to as a missionary? You had no income, unless you want to say that you received wage. You had to receive outside support from others that had an income.. You had nothing, you were des***ute, living off the charity of others. That would make you wrong again..
    Okay, you want to define socio-economic cl***es based solely on income. So in heaven, how much income will people earn, and how much does God make?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Okay, you want to define socio-economic cl***es based solely on income. So in heaven, how much income will people earn, and how much does God make?
    gross or net?

James Banta

Not at all I want to define it by at***ude.. It's just that the conceit and pride is found mostly in people with money.. Jesus had a lot to say about the at***ude mostly ***ociated with wealth.. IHS jim

Ok The LDS seem to think that they are promised to do greater things that Jesus did.
    Just like you seem to think that you are promised to do greater things than Jesus did, James. Actually, you stated that

"Jesus promised us that we would do even greater thing than He did. Do we not do marvelous works in His name? Every years millions are feed by the Church. Suffering of those caught up in disaster receive help and care during their darkest hours. Wells are dug, schools and hospitals built and staffed. All the while the Gospel is being spread"

Just what do they say that have done that is greater than those things that Jesus has done.. They say they feed the poor.. Jesus did that.. They say they cure the sick.. Jesus did that. They wrote a Book of Scripture. Jesus (God) caused that the remembrance of His mortal ministry came to those He would use to pen the New Testament.. So what have they done that is greater that that which Jesus has done?
    You answered that question yourself, in the paragraph that I quoted.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Just like you seem to think that you are promised to do greater things than Jesus did, James. Actually, you stated that

"Jesus promised us that we would do even greater thing than He did. Do we not do marvelous works in His name? Every years millions are feed by the Church. Suffering of those caught up in disaster receive help and care during their darkest hours. Wells are dug, schools and hospitals built and staffed. All the while the Gospel is being spread"

You answered that question yourself, in the paragraph that I quoted.
    Are you claiming that mormonism is the hands and feet of the Lord Jesus? I claim that for the Church.. IHS jim

Are you claiming that mormonism is the hands and feet of the Lord Jesus? I claim that for the Church.. IHS jim
    Maybe both claims are right.

alanmolstad

is this topic still alive?

Not at all I want to define it by at***ude..
    Okay, then we're back to post #95, where people of different cl***es do mingle.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Okay, then we're back to post #95, where people of different cl***es do mingle.
    If you call the rich having a superior at***ude and lording it over the poor. If you call ruling them, and telling them what to do mingling I will agree but seeing them as peers, NO WAY does that happen.. IHS jim