Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Religiondumb

newnature

Default Religiondumb

Salvation is not doing; it is believing! It is counting what God believes to be true for you and about you as true for you and about you. Our performance is not the source of our righteousness before God; the only righteousness God can recognize is our position in Jesus Christ when it comes to mankind and mankind’s indwelling sin nature in the flesh. To believe that what you are doing and what you are restraining yourselves from doing is the way you are earning your righteous standing with God, you have got to put a lot of confidence in your flesh to do that; religiondumb is doing that! Those who are IN Jesus Christ are those who are NOT walking after the faulty ***umption that their righteousness is related to their performance, that was Israel’s problem. Those who are IN Jesus Christ are those who place no confidence in their flesh, but understand, as Paul understood, that in their flesh dwells no good thing. The sanctification that comes by way of being placed INTO Christ - joined to Christ - is positional truth. A sanctified position IN Christ comes not as a result of behavior, it comes as a result of belief! God is not looking at how well we adhere to any standard. God is not looking at our production. God is not looking at our behavior in order to view us as being in favor with him. What a marvelous plan God had for us! God has kept the fingerprints of the guilt-worthy off of the righteousness he designed for the guilt-worthy.

God’s Reconciliation of Man, read more about it at http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com/

Saxon

Salvation is not doing; it is believing! It is counting what God believes to be true for you and about you as true for you and about you. Our performance is not the source of our righteousness before God; the only righteousness God can recognize is our position in Jesus Christ when it comes to mankind and mankind’s indwelling sin nature in the flesh. To believe that what you are doing and what you are restraining yourselves from doing is the way you are earning your righteous standing with God, you have got to put a lot of confidence in your flesh to do that; religiondumb is doing that! Those who are IN Jesus Christ are those who are NOT walking after the faulty ***umption that their righteousness is related to their performance, that was Israel’s problem. Those who are IN Jesus Christ are those who place no confidence in their flesh, but understand, as Paul understood, that in their flesh dwells no good thing. The sanctification that comes by way of being placed INTO Christ - joined to Christ - is positional truth. A sanctified position IN Christ comes not as a result of behavior, it comes as a result of belief! God is not looking at how well we adhere to any standard. God is not looking at our production. God is not looking at our behavior in order to view us as being in favor with him. What a marvelous plan God had for us! God has kept the fingerprints of the guilt-worthy off of the righteousness he designed for the guilt-worthy.

You seem to think that all that is required of the lost human is to become saved and all is well. There is a point in life that a person accepts the free gift of salvation and becomes a new creature in Christ. Is that all there is?

You also have written about those that are “in Christ” doing and restraining. Getting in Christ and being in Christ are two different things. Consider Ephesians 2:8 to 10. Ephesians 2:8 and 9 explains how we are to get into Christ. It also affirms that it is grace that saves a person through faith in Christ. There is also the fact that salvation is a gift. Verse 9 clearly states that it is not of works that we are saved in Christ. Now this is the way to get in Christ (saved) but what about when you are in Christ? Do you become like a plate of water waiting for the sweet by and by?

Ephesians 2:10 indicated that our time of work is upon us because we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Once we are in Christ Jesus we are expected to do works. This is not to save us, as it is clear that salvation has been bestowed upon us before the works are required.

My question to you is what happens if we do not do what God expects Christians to do? If you are going to be a Christian you have to do what a Christian is created to do. If a truck driver stops driving a truck, soon that person is no longer considered a truck driver. Performance has now become a factor (See John 15:1 to 10)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
    John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
    John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
    John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
    John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
    John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
    John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
    John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
    John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
    John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    Last edited by Saxon; 10-05-2014 at 10:09 AM.

alanmolstad

when you draw closer to God, you reflect Him in your life more and more....

The Holy Spirit is said to be like the wind...it goes its way and while we see the results from time to time we dont see things too that are actually going on in hidden ways.
    Its the same with us Christians too.
    yes, from time to time you do see results of the life of Christ in a person's life and actions...but for the most part we area lot like watching the wind...we work in unseen ways to the world's eyes.....

Saxon

I don't see your point.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    I don't see your point.
    Ok....

If you have a question about anything I might write, just let me know.

Saxon

I do not see how your post relates to my post that you responded to.

You seem to think that all that is required of the lost human is to become saved and all is well. There is a point in life that a person accepts the free gift of salvation and becomes a new creature in Christ. Is that all there is?

You also have written about those that are “in Christ” doing and restraining. Getting in Christ and being in Christ are two different things. Consider Ephesians 2:8 to 10. Ephesians 2:8 and 9 explains how we are to get into Christ. It also affirms that it is grace that saves a person through faith in Christ. There is also the fact that salvation is a gift. Verse 9 clearly states that it is not of works that we are saved in Christ. Now this is the way to get in Christ (saved) but what about when you are in Christ? Do you become like a plate of water waiting for the sweet by and by?

Ephesians 2:10 indicated that our time of work is upon us because we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Once we are in Christ Jesus we are expected to do works. This is not to save us, as it is clear that salvation has been bestowed upon us before the works are required.

My question to you is what happens if we do not do what God expects Christians to do? If you are going to be a Christian you have to do what a Christian is created to do. If a truck driver stops driving a truck, soon that person is no longer considered a truck driver. Performance has now become a factor (See John 15:1 to 10)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
    John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
    John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
    John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
    John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
    John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
    John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
    John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    I would like to add this to what you said. Of course we never have to work for salvation but Christians should be distinct and different from the world. And we told in the scriptures that if you are not living that way, if your life is not distinctly different from the world, there is a real possibility that you are not a Christian at all no matter what you claim, no matter what you imagine, no matter how religious you are. Unless there is a distinction in your living, there is a good possibility that there is no distinction in your nature either.
    So if you're not living a different life there's a real possibility you're not a different person. New creatures act like new creatures.
    You will have the knowledge of your salvation, the ***urance of your salvation, not by remembering a past event but by seeing a present virtue and growth.

Saxon

I would like to add this to what you said. Of course we never have to work for salvation but Christians should be distinct and different from the world. And we told in the scriptures that if you are not living that way, if your life is not distinctly different from the world, there is a real possibility that you are not a Christian at all no matter what you claim, no matter what you imagine, no matter how religious you are. Unless there is a distinction in your living, there is a good possibility that there is no distinction in your nature either.
    So if you're not living a different life there's a real possibility you're not a different person. New creatures act like new creatures.
    You will have the knowledge of your salvation, the ***urance of your salvation, not by remembering a past event but by seeing a present virtue and growth.
    I can agree with you as to what you are adding. Does the adding indicate that you are in agreement with what I have posted? Would you be willing to answer the question from my post that you responded to and comment on the statement that follows keeping in mind the content of John 15:1 to 10? I have reposted it below.

I can agree with you as to what you are adding. Does the adding indicate that you are in agreement with what I have posted? Would you be willing to answer the question from my post that you responded to and comment on the statement that follows keeping in mind the content of John 15:1 to 10? I have reposted it below.

Hello Saxon,

I must first say that I believe that when a person is truly born again it is eternal, no losing your salvation. What happens if a Christian stops doing what God expects him to do? It's a hard question to answer, if you are ***uming disobedience then fellowship with God is affected and perhaps we have a situation similar to the prodigal son, still a son but no longer receiving the benefits normally given to one in the family.

alanmolstad

While the Lord may strike with the rod his children.....There are no abortions in the kingdom.

Saxon

Hello Saxon,

I must first say that I believe that when a person is truly born again it is eternal, no losing your salvation. What happens if a Christian stops doing what God expects him to do? It's a hard question to answer, if you are ***uming disobedience then fellowship with God is affected and perhaps we have a situation similar to the prodigal son, still a son but no longer receiving the benefits normally given to one in the family.
    The prodigal son is an excellent situation that answers the question. Disobedience to God is sin. The wages of sin is still death unless Romans 6:23 has been rescinded. When the son took his part of the inheritance and departed from the Father he was not being obedient to the will of the father and sinned against him. Luke 15:24 is clear that the son was not simply out of fellowship, but he was dead. He may have still been a son but he was a dead son. His act of repentance restored him to life and to the Father.

Two questions for you; When you get saved, what is eternal, life for you? Ultimately, what is Eternal Life?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
    Last edited by Saxon; 10-09-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Saxon

Abortion is not the prpblem.

alanmolstad

Abortion is not the prpblem.
    amen!

There are no abortions and lost sheep in the Kingdom.

For when the son brings in the father's sheep not one will be lost!

The Good shepherd does not allow any sheep that have turned up missing to be lost.
    For the Son will bring them ALL in....None will be lost.
    No sheep will be allowed to jump the fence and stay lost....for when the Son seeks the lost sheep he ALWAYS finds that sheep, and when the Son finds that lost sheep he does not require that sheep to walk back on their own....

NO!....

For when the Son brings home that sheep that sheep will be carried by the Son...
    This is the love the Son has for all of the father's sheep, that when the Son returns all the sheep to the father, some will not even be allowed to walk but will be carried to make 100% sure that ALL the Sheep of the father will be safe!

Saxon

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

alanmolstad

sending people to warn others is one of the ways the son makes 100% sure none of the sheep are lost!

none will be lost...none will turn up missing....all the sheep will be brought in safe...

alanmolstad

does the lost sheep save himself? no!

The prodigal son is an excellent situation that answers the question. Disobedience to God is sin. The wages of sin is still death unless Romans 6:23 has been rescinded. When the son took his part of the inheritance and departed from the Father he was not being obedient to the will of the father and sinned against him. Luke 15:24 is clear that the son was not simply out of fellowship, but he was dead. He may have still been a son but he was a dead son. His act of repentance restored him to life and to the Father.

Two questions for you; When you get saved, what is eternal, life or you? Ultimately, what is Eternal Life?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
    I will try to answer both your questions. First we are told in John 17:3,"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." Eternal life can be thought of as something that Christians experience now. Believers don’t have to “wait” for eternal life, because it’s not something that starts when they die. Rather, eternal life begins the moment a person exercises faith in Christ. It is our current possession. John 3:36 says, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life.” Note that the believer “has” (present tense) this. The focus of eternal life is not on our future, but on our current standing in Christ.
    There is absolutely no evidence in Scripture that the Lord has ever taken back the gift of salvation once it has been given. His love and His promise keeps Him from doing so. Remember, Christ came to seek and to save the lost. Why would He take back what He came to provide? It is obvious that if we could lose our salvation we would, all of us. Even as Christians we are not perfect and could never be trusted to keep ourselves, so it is Him who keeps us. Jude 1:24-25 tells us,"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."

Saxon

You are writting of a whole pile of sheep that still wander off. Remember that a lost sheep is LOST.

If you ignore scripture warnings, will you be inclined to listen to a person warning you?
    Last edited by Saxon; 10-08-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Saxon

If he is found again the Lord is more than willing to save.

Saxon

I will try to answer both your questions. First we are told in John 17:3,"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." Eternal life can be thought of as something that Christians experience now. Believers don’t have to “wait” for eternal life, because it’s not something that starts when they die. Rather, eternal life begins the moment a person exercises faith in Christ. It is our current possession. John 3:36 says, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life.” Note that the believer “has” (present tense) this. The focus of eternal life is not on our future, but on our current standing in Christ.

I can agree with what you have said about eternal life. I do believe that a clearer understanding of eternal life will include what you have said but is much more than what you have said.

Eternal Life is a condition that exists in Christ alone. Only those that are “in Christ” are experiencing Eternal Life. The following verses are all ***ociating (Eternal) Life to Jesus Christ. So the answer to the question, what is ultimately Eternal Life? Would be that Jesus Christ is Eternal Life.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John 6:48 I am that bread of life.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him

1John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
    1John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

There is absolutely no evidence in Scripture that the Lord has ever taken back the gift of salvation once it has been given. His love and His promise keeps Him from doing so. Remember, Christ came to seek and to save the lost. Why would He take back what He came to provide? It is obvious that if we could lose our salvation we would, all of us. Even as Christians we are not perfect and could never be trusted to keep ourselves, so it is Him who keeps us. Jude 1:24-25 tells us,"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."
    The reason that there is absolutely no evidence in Scripture that the Lord has ever taken back the gift of salvation once it has been given is because there is nowhere in scripture that this has never happened. I find that there are a lot of people that read where it is written, “I will never leave you or forsake you” (See Hebrews 13:5) and immediately forget it and start to argue that he will never leave you or forsake you. This is not the problem. The problem is the believer that leaves and forsakes the living God. (See Hebrews 3:12 and Ezekiel 18:26) You will notice that the problem is not the Lord leaving or forsaking us, but us leaving and forsaking him.

I do disagree with your statement, “It is obvious that if we could lose our salvation we would, all of us.” 1John was written to Christians and tells us what we must do if we find ourselves in sin. Contrary to popular belief, salvation is conditional. The IF condition in 1John 1:9 is one of the many conditions of salvation in scripture. If we follow the lead of the majority and ignore these conditional statements we will surly find ourselves in a surprising situation. If we believe the conditions and warnings in scripture then we shall not find ourselves with this problem. It is the very warnings that keep us from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

alanmolstad

You are writting of a whole pile of sheep that still wander off. Remember that a lost sheep is LOST.

If you ignore scripture warnings, will you be inclined to listen to a person warning you?

The Good shepherd searches for the lost sheep of the father until when?........

Until he gets tired of looking?

Until it gets late in the day?

Until it becomes clear that the sheep does not want to come back?

Until the Son starts to worry that he might get lost too?

or....

Until he finds the lost sheep, picks it up and carries it home on his own shoulders?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-09-2014 at 04:51 AM.

alanmolstad

I was saved by Grace....not via my own works.

Im kept saved by Grace, not via my own works...

The lost sheep never return home willingly.
    If they did then there would be no need for the son to go search for them.
    If its up to the sheep to return then the Son would just stand by the gate and open it when the sheep comes back on it's own.

But the lost sheep never return on their own.
    That is why the good shepherd has to drop everything and go search for them...

Thus, if it were possible for Christians to lose their salvation, all would.

If a Christian were responsible for doing things so as to maintain their salvation, none would be saved.

Do you know why the Good Shepherd drops everything and goes after the lost sheep?
    The reason is that the Shepherd knows that "Unless I go get him, he will never return on his own"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-09-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Saxon

Consider Ephesians 2:8 to 10. Ephesians 2:8 and 9 explains how we are to get into Christ. It also affirms that it is grace that saves a person through faith in Christ. There is also the fact that salvation is a gift. Verse 9 clearly states that it is not of works that we are saved in Christ. Now this is the way to get in Christ (saved) but what about when you are in Christ? Do you become like a plate of water waiting for the sweet by and by?

Saxon

Give scriptural support for any or all of your points.

alanmolstad

do what a Christin should do?

They once asked Christ what must we do to "work the works of God?"

The answer Christ gave them was that there is only "Thee work of God".....meaning there is only one work,,,one thing that God requires of christians.

What is that "work"???????The answer is that the only work that we are required to perform is to "believe on him whom the father has sent"

This connects with the idea that salvation is by GRACE though FAITH.

If you have that work in your life, then that is enough.