Thread: My daughter came into town yesterday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Libby

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    any challenges to this?......

You in the back there, got a question?
    I understand exactly what you're saying and where you're going with this. You are correct.

James is, for some reason, conflating the two separate points you are making.

We humans do make a distinction between sins. Some are worse than others and our punishments for those sins vary in degrees.

But, God makes no such distinction (according to the Bible). All sin, even the least of it, is ****ing to the soul.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I understand exactly what you're saying and where you're going with this. You are correct.

James is, for some reason, conflating the two separate points you are making.

We humans do make a distinction between sins. Some are worse than others and our punishments for those sins vary in degrees.

But, God makes no such distinction (according t;o the Bible). All sin, even the least of it, is ****ing to the soul.
    The only concern I have with what men think about sin it's levels and appropriate punishments on this forum is what mormonism believe about levels of sin and levels of sin's punishment. What men see in our governments and our communal punishment for sin is outside the subject of this forum.. So I speck to what the Bible teaches about God's view of sin.. So in that Biblical view of sin; all sin is equally soul destroying before a Holy God. It doesn't matter if it is m*** murder or a little while lie about the taste of grandma's cookies.. Nothing about man's judgements of sin is appropriate for a discussion on sin on the forum.. Anything but the Biblical seriousness of sin need to be mentioned here.. If you agree with that then you have improved 1000% in your knowledge as understanding.. IHS jim