Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: My daughter came into town yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Yes, I have been drawn into some of that, but I do not believe anyone is going to become a "god". There is only One God.
    And the demons believe that, and quiver with horror!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    And this wasn't a personal insult directed to Jim? Are you the chief "fruit inspector" now?
    Again, this was in response to untruths he was telling about me. He was calling me a Mormon (which I am not) and making stuff up about what I believe, even after being corrected several times.

And, if you'll notice, I did not leave MYSELF out of the above criticism. I am painfully aware of my shortcomings. Are you aware of yours?

Again, this was in response to untruths he was telling about me. He was calling me a Mormon (which I am not) and making stuff up about what I believe, even after being corrected several times.

And, if you'll notice, I did not leave MYSELF out of the above criticism. I am painfully aware of my shortcomings. Are you aware of yours?
    Look, to some Christians, even probably most, you appear to be hyper-sympathetic to Mormons and Mormonism. This is why some say you are "pandering" to them. Maybe you don't mean to be, but you obviously come across that way. Tell us about how you came to Christ.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Libby

Look, to some Christians, even probably most, you appear to be hyper-sympathetic to Mormons and Mormonism. This is why some say you are "pandering" to them. Maybe you don't mean to be, but you obviously come across that way. Tell us about how you came to Christ.
    In regards to the Mormon people, I wouldn't say I am sympathetic, exactly. I, genuinely, care about them. I consider many here my friends...and frankly they have always treated me much better than some of the so-called Christians here. Sympathetic towards Mormonism...not at all. I am not a believer in any way, shape or form. But, I do, often, see critics misrepresenting what Mormons actually believe...which, sometimes, puts me in a position of appearing to defend Mormonism.

I have to leave, right now, so no time to really expand on my testimony of Christ (I do have one, but it's been more of a "process" than an "instant" conversion. I think that is true of many ex-Mormons (even Sandra & Jerald Tanner).

Anyway, this is what I wrote on this board about a year and half ago (I couldn't find the original post, but I found it in my files).

I'll talk more about this later, if anyone is interested.

For a couple of years, after leaving the LDS Church, my whole spiritual iden***y became...not really Christian...but EX-Mormon.

Hi, my name is Libby and I am an ex-Mormon. Let me tell you my story. (Kind of like AA)

It was very traumatic, leaving the church, because my spiritual iden***y was very intertwined with it. I think that's why I hung on to that "ex-Mormon" iden***y for so long. I still felt a part of the church, even if it was in a negative way.

I started going to mainstream churches (and I still do attend a Christian Reformed Church), but I still had one foot in the LDS Church, with my "ex-Mormon" status. People are always very interested in Mormons and telling people you're an ex-Mormon usually gets a lot of attention. When asked, I found myself describing the LDS Church in mostly negative terms. I was still very disappointed and feeling "lied to"...so, of course, I was giving that perspective. I talked about all of my disappointments and my disbelief to people in my new church and in places on the internet, including this very board. You will find a lot of my writing, here...and my perspective, at that time.

After a while, I wasn't feeling very good about myself, for carrying around this negative legacy. I was actually feeling kind of guilty for trying to interfere in/tear down the faith of others. It didn't seem right, even though I truly did not believe the church was true. I started really feeling this when I was talking to a young boy, over on CARM, who had gone to the LDS Church with complete faith. He came from a broken family and found a Father figure in the church (the Bishop). He needed that...but, he was listening to me, instead, and I was pulling him away. He has gone to a very worldly life, now...and I feel partly responsible. Perhaps, it was right for him, but I had some deep doubts about it...and did not like being in that position.

After that, I came to a decision. I was going to stop speaking against the LDS Church...at least, in the ways I had been doing it. I had no desire to go back, but I had to stop speaking against it. I felt very convicted of this.

For awhile, I kind of went to the other extreme and started defending the church, again. I didn't think of it as defending their beliefs, but rather defending against misunderstandings and lies about the church. There truly are a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings about LDS doctrine.

That was fine, except I may have given a wrong impression to some here. Especially, in light of the fact that I was also doing some seeking, at the time, and experimenting with other beliefs and practices. To leave it all (Christian & LDS) was something I had to do for awhile...but, even still, always trying to make Christ the center, wherever I was. He is the center, for me...which is why I had to come back to mainstream Christianity and the Body of Christ. I was heavily drawn back into his light.

So, what now? I always have a feeling I am drawn to certain places for a reason. That reason is not always apparent, right away.

It is not God's will for me (at least not now) to be involved in anti-LDS ministries. But, I feel I shouldn't really interfere with them, either...even if I often see things I don't like.

But, since I do have so many (somewhat conflicting) posts on this forum, I wanted a chance to explain why so much confusion.

For some of us, leaving the church is not an easy process. It's long, it's painful and sometimes confusing. But, bottom line, as difficult as it was, it was the right thing, for me.

In regards to the Mormon people, I wouldn't say I am sympathetic, exactly. I, genuinely, care about them. I consider many here my friends...and frankly they have always treated me much better than some of the so-called Christians here. Sympathetic towards Mormonism...not at all. I am not a believer in any way, shape or form. But, I do, often, see critics misrepresenting what Mormons actually believe...which, sometimes, puts me in a position of appearing to defend Mormonism.

I have to leave, right now, so no time to really expand on my testimony of Christ (I do have one, but it's been more of a "process" than an "instant" conversion. I think that is true of many ex-Mormons (even Sandra & Jerald Tanner).

Anyway, this is what I wrote on this board about a year and half ago (I couldn't find the original post, but I found it in my files).

I'll talk more about this later, if anyone is interested.
    I'm interested. Before becoming a Mormon, what religious beliefs did you hold? Do you understand that Mormons are taught to believe in Another Jesus and Another Gospel? Do you agree with St. Paul's words found here:

Galatians 1: 8But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!…

Exactly when did you come to Jesus Christ? People say they have "Jesus" and "Christ," but often they mean something entirely different from the Biblical Jesus Christ (you find that explicitly in Mormonism and Yoganandaism by the way).

When did you come to the biblical Christ?

alanmolstad

I have to leave, right now, so no time to really expand on my......
    I got a big weekend too in store.....But we shall see how it goes...

alanmolstad

If you guys ever would debate Mormons it would be surprising. You have a Mormon on here saying that Joe Smith must have had a Ph.D. considering how brilliant her was on soteriology. Not one of you guys responded. I can't believe it. This is no longer an apologetic site! Pathetic.
    1st...insulting this website as being "pathetic" is very offencive to not only the other guests, but to the owner that actuially wanted to close down this site because she lacked the free time to get mixed up with it anymore....

So I think you owe everyone an apology.

2nd, as for the subjects that each guest posts on?.....what business is that of you?
    people have the chance here to post on any topic they are interested in and think that have something to share.
    I post on the topics that I find interesting.
    I dont give a rat's **** if you think I should post on the topics you are interested in posting on!

If you want to post on a topic dealing with "Mormon Drag Queens", good for you!...thats your call....

But dont turn around and think that just because you think a topic is in need of your comments that every other guest on the whole forum must also stop and also post on the very same topics that you do!

We are all guests here.......
    Try to help people "enjoy" their visit....

Rather then meeting them at the door with the word "Pathetic", just because what drew them here was not on your list of things people should talk about.