Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over the Top Teaching of Mormonism!

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You do realize that baptism for the dead is one of more predominately done temple ordinances, right?
    Thank you Phoenix for proving in your own words that LDS temple are built primarily to service the dead.. Millions of dollars spent on doing ordinances for the dead when it is the living that needs help.. But again less that 1% of LDS income is spent on aid for the living while each temple costs in excess of 25 Million Dollars.. Still a person must be baptized by LDS authority to make them worth of "Eternal increase" and according to LDS authority as late as the 1970s, God the Father is taught to be a sexual Being.. IHS jim

James Banta

During the period when he made the statement you're about to quote? No. I wouldn't consider him a leader at the time.
    At that time he was FIRST APOSTLE of the LDS church.. Isn't that a leader of the church. Isn't the President of the quorum of the 12 Apostles today such? How did a section of the D&C He wrote make it into that book of LDS scripture is he wasn't an authority.. I just love LDS revisionist history.. I'll bet that before long it will turn out to be taught that it was Emma Smith's idea for Polygamy to be so important in early mormonism.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Can you show me where the NT church set up a NT temple?
    Once again a question that can't be answered by the LDSinc.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Thank you Phoenix for proving in your own words that LDS temple are built primarily to service the dead..
    Yes, they spend millions of dollars of their own money, and millions of hours of their own time, in ministry and service to others.

I think Jesus taught that's a good thing....

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    At that time he was FIRST APOSTLE of the LDS church..
    In order to test the truth of your claims, we will need you to state the YEAR that he made the statement you quoted. Here is your quote again:

". . .Book of Mormon witness, Oliver Cowdery, felt the relationship was something other than a marriage. He referred to it as “A dirty, nasty, filthy affair...”

What YEAR did he make that claim?

Thanks for providing this in your next post.

RealFakeHair

In order to test the truth of your claims, we will need you to state the YEAR that he made the statement you quoted. Here is your quote again:

". . .Book of Mormon witness, Oliver Cowdery, felt the relationship was something other than a marriage. He referred to it as “A dirty, nasty, filthy affair...”

What YEAR did he make that claim?

Thanks for providing this in your next post.
    you're concerned about the year, and not the act?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    they were on a break?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    they were on a break?
    I am glad it is a nice day, I can go out and hit some golf *****, and not ponder on this one.

Libby

It is believed that Joseph and Fanny were already married, when the accusation was made.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    It is believed that Joseph and Fanny were already married, when the accusation was made.
    was it a big wedding of her dreams?....with flowers, bridesmaids, and a big reception followed by a honeymoon?

I am trying to find out how credible Jim's ***ertion is---that "At that time he was FIRST APOSTLE of the LDS church." Do you think he will help me find out?

RealFakeHair

I am trying to find out how credible Jim's ***ertion is---that "At that time he was FIRST APOSTLE of the LDS church." Do you think he will help me find out?
    Okay, but what has that got to do with the cost of tea in China?
    I will try and find a time line.

RealFakeHair

While searching... I came across this........EXCOMMUNICATION OF OLIVER COWDERY
    Source: HC 3:16-17.

Wednesday, April 11,[1838]--Elder Seymour Brunson preferred the following charges against Oliver Cowdery, to the High Council at Far West:

To the Bishop and Council of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I prefer the following charges against President Oliver Cowdery.

"First--For persecuting the brethren by urging on vexatious law suits against them, and thus distressing the innocent.

"Second--For seeking to destroy the character of President Joseph Smith, Jun., by falsely insinuating that he was guilty of adulte

Even at his excommunication Joseph Smith jr. is protected as he is today.

alanmolstad

i dont really know what any of that stuff means, nor what difference the date of stuff happens at?...

But just from what I see above it would seem that the one guy was getting kicked out for saying that Smith was banging some other girl besides his wife.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    i dont really know what any of that stuff means, nor what difference the date of stuff happens at?...

But just from what I see above it would seem that the one guy was getting kicked out for saying that Smith was banging some other girl besides his wife.
    All we have to do is look back at how the Democrats protected Bill Clinton after Monica Lewinsky, escapade.
    Remember, after all it wasn't really sex!
    With Joseph Smith jr. he couldn't help it, the mormon god told him to do it.
    Both excuse are a disgrace!