Thread: so thats why......

alanmolstad

Default so thats why......

Last night my wife and I were able to attend a real Jewish P***over with some Jewish friends of ours.

As the meal went along, we did all the washings and the prayers, and songs, I kept thinking of my own Christian faith and the Lord's last supper....

So many questions were answered.....I learned so many things as to why Jesus said what he did, and when that last night of his life....

I had no idea about a lot of things that clearly are of key importance to understanding the actions and words of Christ that night....

I would have to say, that in my personal view, unless you attend a real Jewish p***over dinner once in your life, you lack a full appreciation of the life of Christ, and don't really completely understand a lot of things about our own Christian faith.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Last night my wife and I were able to attend a real Jewish P***over with some Jewish friends of ours.

As the meal went along, we did all the washings and the prayers, and songs, I kept thinking of my own Christian faith and the Lord's last supper....

So many questions were answered.....I learned so many things as to why Jesus said what he did, and when that last night of his life....

I had no idea about a lot of things that clearly are of key importance to understanding the actions and words of Christ that night....

I would have to say, that in my personal view, unless you attend a real Jewish p***over dinner once in your life, you lack a full appreciation of the life of Christ, and don't really completely understand a lot of things about our own Christian faith.
    How were the pork-chops?

alanmolstad

there were many foods....I don't recall any pork, but there were many foods.

At many points in the evening I was reminded of the last supper.
    When we read that Jesus took break, and gave thanks, and broke it...I never knew what Jesus said until now...nor did I have any idea what bread it was.....now did I know what happened to the other section of bread that was broken...

I helped prepare for the meal....and this gave me a deeper understanding of the men that Jesus sent ahead to get things ready too....

alanmolstad

1560573_10154217988855001_1156702510113558704_n.jpg

I helped prepare for the supper in the upper room...so in a way I kinda was like doing what Peter and John did in our story....

alanmolstad

This was the first time in my life I had seen real p***over bread.

It appeared to be more of a large cracker.
    But I also now understand when the Bible tells us that Jesus "broke" the bread.
    normally you cant ac6tually break bread, but this type of bread breaks, and does not rip or tear.

At one point they bring out a basket with 3 breads in it, they take out the middle one, and break it.
    They take the bigger of the broken bread chunks and place it in a bag and then hide it and we have to find it later in a different room.
    Later after the bread is found they give each of us around the table some of this found bread.

I think this was the same bread that Jesus broke and gave to the 12 saying, "This is my body"

alanmolstad

it really fits that this was the bread jesus gave out, considering what this bread had done to it.

Its appears in a basket with 3 others..Im thinking that this is a reference to the Trinity.

They take out the middle bread from the basket....Im thinking this is the Son , the 2nd person of the trinity.

They break this middle bread......Im thinking this is the cross and death of the son.

they hide the broken bread in another room.....Im thinking this is the time Jesus was in the tomb.

They search for this bread......Im thinking this is peter and john and the women searching for Jesus after the resurrection

They bring back the found bread and the meal cant continue until the bread returns....I'm thinking this is the resurrection.

I think this is why Jesus called himself the "bread from heaven".....and why he picked this broken and hidden bread to represent himself and his body...

alanmolstad

10177893_10154218493010001_97890339600000673_n.jpg

Although they started us off with a light salid,we then moved to reading stuff out of a book and eating these little things that we each had on a small plate in front of us...

I remember we dipped stuff in salt water...

After the service was all over they took out the real foods, and stuffed us.
    I was so full at the ending of the meal..

At the very ending, they had some more bread that they told me it has to be the last thing i eat that night.
    But I was so full of the good foods by then I just looked at it a long time...I simply had no room in me to fit even one more bite.....

I had no idea how I was going to get it all eaten....?

But i was a trooper and finished my plate just like momma would want.