Thread: Joe Smith, husband of teeny boppers!

Default Joe Smith, husband of teeny boppers!

Supposedly, Mormon god revealed the following to Joe Smith, first Mormon prophet, and the cult's most important mouthpiece:

""And I will bless Joseph Smith and multiply him and give unto him an hundredfold in this world, of fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of eternal lives in the eternal worlds."

"And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified."

"But if one or either of the ten virgins, after she is espoused [to Joseph Smith], shall be with another man, she has committed adultery, and shall be destroyed; for they are given unto Joseph Smith to multiply and replenish the earth, according to my commandment, and to fulfil the promise which was given by my Father before the foundation of the world, and for their exaltation in the eternal worlds, that they may bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of my Father continued, that he may be glorified."
    - Doctrine and Covenants Section 132:55, 62-63

Notice that Mormon god promises Joe a bunch of wives and kids if he enters polygamy. Some Mormons run around bragging that Joe had no kids, so he lived like a monk with his "wives." That's obviously a contradiction of Mormon god's promise that Joe would have many wives and children in polygamy.

Well, the second point is that Joe couldn't commit adultery by sleeping with his teenage wives. Sure, Joe! Your god was so kind to you! Charles Manson and David Koresh got the same message from their gods.

Now Joey married several wives of other Mormon men - but the revelation says that if one of Joey's wives sleeps with another she is an adulteress. But, Joe told these women to stay with their first husbands - one "wife" of Joe didn't even know who the father of her child was - Joe or her legal husbands! But she's the adulteress according to this revelation and Joe skates!

This article discusses Joe's teeny bopper wives. Read it and ask yourself if you'd hand over your own kid to Joe.

http://www.i4m.com/think/polygamy/teen_polygamy.htm

If you want to be a Mormon, you own this junk!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

do Mormon women actually believe, 100% that god said this? - ""But if one or either of the ten virgins, after she is espoused [to Joseph Smith], shall be with another man, she has committed adultery, and shall be destroyed; for they are given unto Joseph Smith to multiply and replenish the earth,

Do they truly believe that this statement is from God?....

Or do they slide past the issue by simply believing that "Smith said God said these words.."?....allowing for it to be not really the Lord's words?

alanmolstad

do Mormon women actually believe, 100% that god said this? - ""But if one or either of the ten virgins, after she is espoused [to Joseph Smith], shall be with another man, she has committed adultery, and shall be destroyed; for they are given unto Joseph Smith to multiply and replenish the earth,

Do they truly believe that this statement is from God?....

Or do they slide past the issue by simply believing that "Smith said God said these words.."?....allowing for it to be not really the Lord's words?

Joe Smith, husband of teeny boppers!
    before we brand that accusation either the truth or a lie, we should check our definitions ---

TEENY BOPPER

" The term may have been coined by marketing professionals and psychologists, later becoming a subculture of its own.[1][2] The term was introduced in the 1950s[3] to refer to teenagers who mainly listened to pop music and/or rock and roll and not much else. " https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenybopper

so the poster who is super, mega against the LDS is accusing Joseph Smith, who died in 1844, of marrying teenagers (girls or boys?) who mainly listened to pop music and/or rock and roll and not much else.

did pop and rock music exist in the 1800s? Were the teenagers who married Joseph Smith mostly listening to that music? is the poster claiming that Joseph Smith traveled in time to the 1950s, found some teenagers who were crazy about rock and roll music, and took them back in time to marry them?
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

alanmolstad

well...in this case...if "teeny bopper" is not what some would like to call the underage girls we are talking about whom our horndog was sniffing around after, ... Then I might suggest a word like "adolescent"

You can look it up, I think the word does apply.

......so the poster has made a false accusation
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    ......so the poster has made a false accusation
    about what?
    About a dirty old man running around on his wife with younger women?....is that the false accusation you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    about what?
    about smith being married to teenaged boys or girls whose musical interests are exclusively Rock and roll or pop....since that is the definition of the word she used in her accusation.

Did you have trouble reading and comprehending that in previous posts?

alanmolstad

Walter Martin used to always say that the first step in outreach to the world of the CULTS is to define your terms...

In that spirit then, and to make sure everyone is on the same page in this discussion as well as to make everyone happy, let's declare that "teeny bopper " shall from now on be a correct term to describe the young underage girls that Mormon founder Smith was chasing after ....

And also. ...

Let's say that from now on when we are talking about a married man going after young teeny bopper it will be fine to call that "horn-dogging".

And in addition. ..

Older men who are found to be always looking at girls in their younger teens shall be correctly termed "pervs " regardless if we are talking about a guy who used to tell girls "God has given you to me as wife " or guys that cruse around schools in a van with candy.

(Thus when in the future someone posts a story about a historical account of a "Perv doing some horn-dogging on a teeny bopper" we all know who we are talking about )
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-08-2016 at 04:42 AM.

interesting how certain enemies of a church feel some need to redefine words in order to give some semblance of legitimacy to their attacks on it.

i suppose that p***es for honesty in some attack-oriented movements, but some might say that if an attacker feels a need to redefine words in order to seem to have a point, a lack of a legitimate argument is the cause of the desperation.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

This article discusses Joe's teeny bopper wives. Read it and ask yourself if you'd hand over your own kid to Joe.

http://www.i4m.com/think/polygamy/teen_polygamy.htm

If you want to be a Mormon, you own this junk!

bump!.......

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    interesting how certain enemies of a church feel some need to redefine words in order to give some semblance of legitimacy to their attacks on it.

i suppose that p***es for honesty in some attack-oriented movements, but some might say that if an attacker feels a need to redefine words in order to seem to have a point, a lack of a legitimate argument is the cause of the desperation.
    I recall another poster who stated once that if you wanted to know if Joseph Smith was a sex craved pervert you only had to ask yourself ONE question...

Was Mr Zipper involved?

My only conclusion to this was that this person was conceding to the fact that he was NOT any of those things...since zippers in any form did not exist until the turn of the 20th century.

Either that or in an attempt to show the highest degrees of mockery they just didn't consider the actual words being used and therefore can't really ever be taken seriously. But it certainly is an indication of the degree of accuracy in which they get their "facts"

What's interesting though is their attempts to aggravate and shock the Mormons aren't really doing anything but providing entertainment

alanmolstad

So once again for our new guests ,
    What I remember from years and years of listening to Dr. Walter Martin teach on how to witness to the CULTS like the Mormons, is that right off the bat you got to be careful to define your terms.

This is because many of the words that the CULTS use sound a lot like the same words that Christians use.
    The problem is that the god that the CULTS worship is not the God of the Bible.
    The Christ that is found in the world of the CULTS is not the Christ of the Bible.

So as you can see, you first have to make sure everyone is on the same page when talking to anyone who might not know these facts.

after you have went over the information carefully with the person in the CULT and had a chance to bring everyone up to speed as the historical information that is part of the record, then you start to share the truth with them.

Thus when someone on a Mormon forum talks about a "Perve" that was known to be "hound-dogging" after "teeny-poppers" everyone will know who is being talked about without needing to ask.

(however you will find that some people will still need to be always helped along, (or they will act like it), and so you will always need to help some people learn from the start by going over and over the same terms, again and again, until they begin to understand why some terms are used, and their meanings and why that are correct when used in the context of dealing with CULTS and with guys like Smith )
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-09-2016 at 05:04 AM.

MickeyS

Wow, that was an eloquent defense of why those against the church feel the need to stoop to ridiculous and immature statements when more intelligent grown up terms are available to convey the same thing. That "explains" everything perfectly But I don't think they realize that in the end, it doesn't make them look more credible because they know colorful insults. I think even our new guests see right through that kind of behavior.

Bless their hearts.

Like I said before, entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Wow, that was an eloquent defense of why those against the church feel the need to stoop to ridiculous and immature statements when more intelligent grown up terms are available to convey the same thing. That "explains" everything perfectly But I don't think they realize that in the end, it doesn't make them look more credible because they know colorful insults. I think even our new guests see right through that kind of behavior.

Bless their hearts.

Like I said before, entertaining.
    yes, and what I found entertaining in his attempt to defend the other attacker's post was the ironic claim that cults use words differently than how Christians use them....and that was in a post attempting to defend her misuse of words....almost like if one person digs herself into a hole and can't get out, and another person says "don't worry, I'll help you" and jumps into the hole with his own shovel and starts digging...