Thread: 10 facts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Yes, I get that--no "modern" translation bases salvation on keeping the commandments. But the original, I am sure, did as Christ taught us to keep his commandments.

Once again, though, moving the goal posts by using the word "complete"--which I am sure you will spin to "perfectly" as you have already done in your new thread.
    It is taught in the Bible that we must keep the commandments of God (Proverbs 19:16).. Jesus also said that we must be perfect as the Father in Heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48). Since not one of us has been able to keep God's commandments or even approach His level of righteousness, according to what you are telling me we all should be ****ed.. So are the "modern" translations including the King James are wrong as they teach that our salvation is given to those who have faith in Jesus according to His Grace (Eph 2:8-9). Is it wrong to say that Jesus became sin in our place so that we can be MADE the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)? Is it wrong that we hold our salvation to be by grace and exclude works (Romans 11:6)..

Are you saying that these p***ages were the invention of evil men. That such p***ages are not scripture but outside the Authority of God? Are you so mistrusting of the Lord as He said that heaven and earth would p*** away but His word would never p*** away (Matthew 24:35).. The Original says the very same thing as the modern translations. God's word is NOT corrupt based on the promises of God in His word, and He will not lie. Not in the p***, not in the present and not in the future.. Argue with me tell me all the times the Bible was translated and re-translated. Tell me about all the time it was copied and recopied. All I have to make my point are the promises of Jesus (God). Still I believe Him, therefore His promises trump anything you think you know about errors of the Bible.. You seem to trust what you believe to be knowledge presented to you by men. On the other hand I trust the words of the Lord..

Tell me what isn't complete about the word obedience? Anything less than complete obedience is disobedience.. If a man falls into the mud and just s****es it off without at least taking a shower is he clean? NO! He isn't clean until He is completely clean. There is no such thing and partial obedience.. Complete obedience is the only way to be obedient, anything less is disobedience.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 05-15-2014 at 02:06 PM.