Thread: Quick question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by The Pheonix View Post
    How does one repent. She left the Church...is their so set prayer that must be said. Besides she is not a Calvinist, so she cannot repent and join beliefs with that devil and murderer Calvin.
    You call Calvin a murderer and devil and turn a blind eye to your love of your life Joseph Smith jr.? I tell you that is pitiful!
    Last edited by RealFakeHair; 05-29-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    You call Calvin a murderer and devil and turn a blind eye to your love of your life Joseph Smith jr.? I tell you that is pitiful!
    Was there a more evil religious charlatan on this continent than Joseph Smith? Millions who followed his evil ways now find themselves cut off from eternal life.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Was there a more evil religious charlatan on this continent than Joseph Smith? Millions who followed his evil ways now find themselves cut off from eternal life.
    How does the brain of a TBM work? To say Calvin was a devil and murderer, and over look Joseph Smith jr. Is beyond mental.

How does the brain of a TBM work? To say Calvin was a devil and murderer, and over look Joseph Smith jr. Is beyond mental.
    Exactly right! And John Calvin is an easy whipping boy for Mormons. Joe Smith was obsessed with Presbyterianism because the Presbyterian minister who buried Alvin didn't mince words about the fact that Alvin never had any fruit pointing to a conversion to Christ. When Joey had his supposed "first vision," he stated that he ran home to Mommy and said that he had learned for himself that Presbyterianism was not true. Gee, wonder what motivated that?

I've never encountered any Mormon here who has cracked open a copy of Calvin's Ins***utes, or who has any idea of just how systematic his writings are. They simply mouth the words of their masters: "Calvinism is evil, God said so." That doesn't take any thinking or intellectual inquiry.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Exactly right! And John Calvin is an easy whipping boy for Mormons. Joe Smith was obsessed with Presbyterianism because the Presbyterian minister who buried Alvin didn't mince words about the fact that Alvin never had any fruit pointing to a conversion to Christ. When Joey had his supposed "first vision," he stated that he ran home to Mommy and said that he had learned for himself that Presbyterianism was not true. Gee, wonder what motivated that?

I've never encountered any Mormon here who has cracked open a copy of Calvin's Ins***utes, or who has any idea of just how systematic his writings are. They simply mouth the words of their masters: "Calvinism is evil, God said so." That doesn't take any thinking or intellectual inquiry.
    I am not one to give advice to a TBM, but if they asked, I'd tell them not to show their ignorance and to keep quiet about Calvin.

I am not one to give advice to a TBM, but if they asked, I'd tell them not to show their ignorance and to keep quiet about Calvin.
    They might not accept that advice!

Libby

Joe Smith was obsessed with Presbyterianism because the Presbyterian minister who buried Alvin didn't mince words about the fact that Alvin never had any fruit pointing to a conversion to Christ. When Joey had his supposed "first vision," he stated that he ran home to Mommy and said that he had learned for himself that Presbyterianism was not true. Gee, wonder what motivated that?
    I've never heard that story before. Do you mind if I ask where you got it?