Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
How many new translations are there exactly James? And haven't you noted difference between the translations using the older m****cripts than there is in the KJV?

Here is one site that compares the KJV to the NIV.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/m-m.html

Here is an example of a change from one to the other.

Revelation 22:14, "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
Revelation 22:14, "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city."

If I remember right, there is a discussion here somewhere discussing these very changes--was it you who used the NIV to defend against having to keep the commandments to be saved?

---I just found it. I was actually Billyray, using the NIV to discredit doctrine being argued for in the KJV. Namely that one must keep the commandments to be saved. Here is the exchange:
In order to show that I was trying to "discredit doctrine being argued for in the KJV" you have to show that the doctrine in question is actually taught in the KJV.

Does the KJV Bible teach that salvation is based on perfect obedience to the commandments?