Thread: Sandra Tanner Interview: "I came to Jesus through the Bible...and the Book of Mormon"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Libby

Default Sandra Tanner Interview: "I came to Jesus through the Bible...and the Book of Mormon"

Last night I was listening to John Dehlin interviewing Sandra Tanner on his Mormon Stories Podcasts.

http://mormonstories.org/sandra-and-...e-early-years/

I already knew quite a bit about Sandra Tanner, but I had never heard her testimony of how she converted to Christianity. This was interesting to me, because she said, she and Jerald (her husband, now deceased) were still reading and believed in the Book of Mormon (as well as the Bible), AFTER they were converted. The Book of Mormon teaches "One God", and is fairly well in sync with the Bible on most things. So, they (Sandra & Jerald) still believed it was true, for a couple of years after their conversion to Christianity. When John asked Sandra how she came to know Jesus, she said, "well, through the Bible and the Book of Mormon". John laughed about the Book of Mormon part and said, "that was Grant Palmer's argument - the book doesn't have to be "true" to bring you to Jesus."

Just thought that was interesting, and wanted to throw it out for discussion and also thought others might enjoy listening to this interview.

The conversion discussion starts at approximately 48 min.
    Last edited by Libby; 05-21-2014 at 01:30 AM.