Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Sandra Tanner Interview: "I came to Jesus through the Bible...and the Book of Mormon"

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    How silly!

You ***ume that the Disciples could not count to seven. These ate TWO DISTINCT EVENTS, and there is sufficient differing details in the entire p***age to indicate that. Especially telling is the difference between 4000 men and 5000 men

Per usual, toy Mormons want to take something superficial, ignore the context of the entire event, and then make an issue of a non-issue. Of course, I will not convince you of your error because you are programmed to see it as a contradiction.

In the same manner as you are programmed yo believe in a non-existent language, a non-existent "lost tribe", a non existent submarine voyage of 8000+ nautical miles, etc tou also believe in the existence of neas, sheums, curelomons cummons and perhaps unicorns.

You will NEVER be able to promote Mormonism by bashing the Bible, as you guys consider it one of your 5 "Standard Works"--(or something similar) because you actually bash a fundamental book for yourselves.
    Good post!

You show good spirit and have a good grasp of the many problems found in Mormonism.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Good post!
    I was thinking of saying "No, it is a pathetic post," but in a way, it is a good post, because it shows how anti-LDS people want to take something superficial (such as differences in accounts of the first vision), ignore the context of the entire event, and then make an issue of a non-issue. Of course, I will not convince you of your error because you are programmed to see it as a contradiction.

Libby

Phoenix, I'm not sure why you would consider those differences "superficial". They were not just superficial...there were some very important and huge differences between the first tellings and the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Phoenix, I'm not sure why you would consider those differences "superficial". They were not just superficial...there were some very important and huge differences between the first tellings and the last.
    You are really, really looking at it in about the most superficial way as possible.

For starters, not all the accounts were even written by him. I am willing to bet that if you put the Bible's accounts to the SAME level of doubt and suspicion that you put this account to, you'd be apologizing like crazy.

jookco

what is the different between the Mormon? and the Pentecostal church, I own a christian http://www.everydaydevotional.com/ but always think posting mormon devotions will anger my readers because i don't know if mormon is considered true christian organisation.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by jookco View Post
    what is the different between the Mormon? and the Pentecostal church, I own a christian http://www.everydaydevotional.com/ but always think posting mormon devotions will anger my readers because i don't know if mormon is considered true christian organisation.
    There are some things the LDSinc. and Pentecostals have in common, but they are two very different religious intenties. The LDSinc. come out of the imaginary mind of Joseph the skirt chase'er Smith jr. and the other from some back woods hillbillies.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You are really, really looking at it in about the most superficial way as possible.

For starters, not all the accounts were even written by him. I am willing to bet that if you put the Bible's accounts to the SAME level of doubt and suspicion that you put this account to, you'd be apologizing like crazy.
    They were written by those who heard the story directly from him. They were first hand witnesses. Plus there were a couple of early versions written in his own handwriting that differed from the final version.

It's kind of strange that Joseph did not write this final version until 18 years after it happened...doncha think? That only verbal versions were told to various people..and then, not until seven years later? The "faith promoting" stories I've read always have Joseph telling everyone of his vision (including his family, who never mention it) right after it happens.