Thread: Grape Juice or Wine? - John 2:1-11

alanmolstad

Default Grape Juice or Wine? - John 2:1-11

Libby

That's weird. I was never taught anything about "The Wedding Feast" being Jesus' wedding. There is no teaching (official or otherwise), that I am aware, about whether or not Jesus was married. It could be "inferred" from the teachings, I suppose, but it's not something that is talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Well it appears that this guy not only knows nothing about Mormonism, but he also knows nothing about what the Bible teaches.

The belief that Jesus was married is not an LDS doctrine, nor is it now or in the past taught in Church.
    Any reference to that by people in the Church, even if by Prophets, has been disavowed as personal opinion. The only statement that the Church has made on this theory, has been to say that the Church has never taken a position on whether or not Jesus was married. Ironically this statement came because modern non-LDS Christians were toying with the idea that he was.

Likewise when he talks about the Bible he says "The first rule of Bible interpretation, is whether it makes sense".
    Ironically, the only thing that doesn't make sense according to the Bible, is his statement. The Bible says that the things of God will seldom make sense to man.
    The first RULE of Bible interpretation is "IS IT THE CORRECT INTERPRETATION ACCORDING TO GOD!"

What is further funny, is that he rants about people inserting their own opinions in the interpretations of these verses, but then proceeds to give us his own interpretation based on nothing more than HIS OPINION. Now I'm not saying I disagree with most of it, it's just I see the hypocrisy of his ***ertion.
    Last edited by theway; 06-23-2014 at 09:18 AM.