Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Tanner Interview: "I came to Jesus through the Bible...and the Book of Mormon"

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I think the women were actually more open to it than the men (that I knew). .
    ?.....whats going on there?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    It was all about a older back man who wanted to take her to the LDS temple and have her seal to him, and later on some hanky panky
    so a Mormon man can have a girl "sealed" to himself?....what does this mean?....can she be married?

alanmolstad

\
    Like i said, it is just another way for a man to convince a woman he is not married to, to have sex.
    Im really getting that too....the whole religion seems to be aimed at the pursuit of strange skirts...

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Antis seem to think about skirts a lot.
    What you don't like skirts?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I would like to hear more about this "spiritual sealing"
    Out in the open it is a way for a non married, or a LDSinc. Married woman who's husband either is non mormon or doesn't have a temple recommend. When she is sealed it is her ticket to the Celestial Kingdom. Innocent enough on the surface, but as many things that came out of the imaginary mind of Joseph Smith jr. It ends up in hanky-panky.

Libby

so a Mormon man can have a girl "sealed" to himself?....what does this mean?....can she be married?
    Alan, don't get your information from RFH. He is talking about something that went on in the very beginnings of the church. That is not happening now. A marriage sealing is just that...an actual marriage between one man and one woman. Children can also be sealed to their parents, when they are not "born in the covenant". If your parents were sealed in the Temple, before you were born, then you are automatically sealed to them. If they came in after you were born, they must go through a sealing ceremony.

Mormon women (at least to my knowledge!) cannot just be sealed to any LDS man, if her husband is non-LDS. My husband was non-LDS and there were no offers from any Mormon man to seal me to him! lol What they usually do is seal the non-member to their wife or husband, after they are deceased. I had a good friend who did this, after her "non-member" husband p***ed.

John T

What you don't like skirts?
    In Scotland, we wear kilts!

alanmolstad

......, but as many things that came out of the imaginary mind of Joseph Smith jr. It ends up in hanky-panky.
    Seems that in the end, the chance for a bit of "hanky-panky" is the real reason behind it all....

alanmolstad

there was that posted letter that was claimed to be between old Joe and some chick who he was "seeing" on the side.

In this letter we see Joe asking her to stop-on-by once his wife is out of the house(hint-hint).......

But I never had it confirmed it was truly something the Joe wrote?....

RealFakeHair

Alan, don't get your information from RFH. He is talking about something that went on in the very beginnings of the church. That is not happening now. A marriage sealing is just that...an actual marriage between one man and one woman. Children can also be sealed to their parents, when they are not "born in the covenant". If your parents were sealed in the Temple, before you were born, then you are automatically sealed to them. If they came in after you were born, they must go through a sealing ceremony.

Mormon women (at least to my knowledge!) cannot just be sealed to any LDS man, if her husband is non-LDS. My husband was non-LDS and there were no offers from any Mormon man to seal me to him! lol What they usually do is seal the non-member to their wife or husband, after they are deceased. I had a good friend who did this, after her "non-member" husband p***ed.
    What, Are you tryin to hurt my feelins?

RealFakeHair

there was that posted letter that was claimed to be between old Joe and some chick who he was "seeing" on the side.

In this letter we see Joe asking her to stop-on-by once his wife is out of the house(hint-hint).......

But I never had it confirmed it was truly something the Joe wrote?....
    Ol, jo gave one revelation he wish he could take back. The one about keeping all records written down, even in a hanky-panky letter. lol

Ol, jo gave one revelation he wish he could take back. The one about keeping all records written down, even in a hanky-panky letter. lol
    I wonder if the day will come when you will wish the stuff you have been posting would be deleted.

RealFakeHair

I wonder if the day will come when you will wish the stuff you have been posting would be deleted.
    Never, never, and never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alanmolstad

So the Hanky-Panky letter is actually old Joe's?....this is confirmed?....

I need to know this as the letter is a topic that might come up in my life related to a friend of a friend who is going with us to dinner....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-19-2014 at 01:05 PM.

RealFakeHair

So the Hanky-Panky letter is actually old Joe's?....this is confirmed?....

I need to know this as the letter is a topic that might come up in my life related to a friend of a friend who is going with us to dinner....
    Take a gander at this one......“ . . . Smith invited Nancy Rigdon, nineteen-year-old daughter of his close friend and counselor, Sidney Rigdon, to meet him at the home of Orson Hyde. Upon her arrival Smith greeted her, ushered her into a private room, then locked the door. After swearing her to secrecy, wrote George W. Robinson, Smith announced his 'affection for her for several years, and wished that she should be his . . . the Lord was well pleased with this matter . . .here was no sin in it whatever . . .but, if she had any scruples of conscience about the matter, he would marry her privately.'

“Incredulous, Nancy countered that 'if she ever got married she would marry a single man or none at all.' Grabbing her bonnet, she ordered the door opened or she would 'raise the neighbors.' She then stormed out of the Hyde-Richards residence.

“The next day, Smith wrote Nancy a letter, where he justified his advances, saying 'That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another . . . . Whatever God requires is right, no matter what it is, although we may not see the reason thereof till long after the events transpire. . . . even things which might be considered abominable to all who understand the order of heaven only in part, but which in reality were right because God gave and sanctioned by special revelation.' This is his first written statement of theocratic ethics.”

(“Official History of the Church,” vol. 5, p. 134-36; and Van Wagoner, “Sidney Rigdon: A Portrait in Religious Excess,” p. 295; cited in ibid

Libby

What, Are you tryin to hurt my feelins?
    I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

There is enough bad stuff in Mormonism (like the thing you just posted, which makes me cringe) without having to make stuff up. Not everything that gets circulated about Mormonism is true. Critics lose credibility, when they believe and perpetuate every little piece of gossip

RealFakeHair

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

There is enough bad stuff in Mormonism (like the thing you just posted, which makes me cringe) without having to make stuff up. Not everything that gets circulated about Mormonism is true. Critics lose credibility, when they believe and perpetuate every little piece of gossip
    Define gossip (Gossip is idle talk or rumor, especially about personal or private affairs of others.)

From time to time we all go off the reservation, but in which direction?

alanmolstad

Take a gander at this one......“ . . . Smith invited Nancy Rigdon, nineteen-year-old daughter of his close friend and counselor, Sidney Rigdon, to meet him at the home of Orson Hyde. Upon her arrival Smith greeted her, ushered her into a private room, then locked the door. After swearing her to secrecy, wrote George W. Robinson, Smith announced his 'affection for her for several years, and wished that she should be his . . . the Lord was well pleased with this matter . . .here was no sin in it whatever . . .but, if she had any scruples of conscience about the matter, he would marry her privately.'

“Incredulous, Nancy countered that 'if she ever got married she would marry a single man or none at all.' Grabbing her bonnet, she ordered the door opened or she would 'raise the neighbors.' She then stormed out of the Hyde-Richards residence.

“The next day, Smith wrote Nancy a letter, where he justified his advances, saying 'That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another . . . . Whatever God requires is right, no matter what it is, although we may not see the reason thereof till long after the events transpire. . . . even things which might be considered abominable to all who understand the order of heaven only in part, but which in reality were right because God gave and sanctioned by special revelation.' This is his first written statement of theocratic ethics.”

(“Official History of the Church,” vol. 5, p. 134-36; and Van Wagoner, “Sidney Rigdon: A Portrait in Religious Excess,” p. 295; cited in ibid
    when I read such a story about Joe...I have a hard time understanding how people did not shoot the horny "b" earlier?....

when I read such a story about Joe...I have a hard time understanding how people did not shoot the horny "b" earlier?....
    Uh, because maybe the stories weren't true? If your enemies started telling malicious stories about you, and you didn't get shot, will people wonder why no one shot YOU? Could be because the people who actually know you, such as your family, knew the stories were false?

RealFakeHair

Uh, because maybe the stories weren't true? If your enemies started telling malicious stories about you, and you didn't get shot, will people wonder why no one shot YOU? Could be because the people who actually know you, such as your family, knew the stories were false?
    Try using your head, and not your feelings. Take the story of Nancy Rigdon, what part or parts of the story isn't true?

Libby

Define gossip (Gossip is idle talk or rumor, especially about personal or private affairs of others.)

From time to time we all go off the reservation, but in which direction?
    Yeah, exactly. A lot of what is known about Joseph Smith is taken from journals of the saints. It's difficult, sometimes, to know what is "idle talk or rumor". Just because it is written in someone's journal, doesn't make it true (or an "accurate" account). I would say, if you have several people giving the same story, then chances are good that it IS true.

Libby

Can you imagine, a hundred and fifty years from now, sifting through all of the blogs that are out there, right now.....looking at things written about public figures, like Obama?

alanmolstad

Can you imagine, a hundred and fifty years from now, sifting through all of the blogs that are out there, right now.....looking at things written about public figures, like Obama?
    I will be about 206 years old at the time.

Do you think I will be that interested in such stuff?

Do you think there will be an "internet" in 20 years?

(I dont really see too many 100 year old people sifting though all their old BETA video tapes)

Libby

I will be about 206 years old at the time.

Do you think I will be that interested in such stuff?

Do you think there will be an "internet" in 20 years?

(I dont really see too many 100 year old people sifting though all their old BETA video tapes)
    The internet is like TV....much too awesome to just go away! It'll be here, still, only much better (hopefully) and still open and free, I hope!

alanmolstad

my prediction?.....in a few years the internet fails.

Places like YouTube with free videos and music will get closed down for copyright violations.

Free message forums like the one I'm posting on right now will close because of a lack of people willing to pay to support them.

In an attempt to earn more cash , there will be something like "All-Web" commercials, where the whole web will see same the commercial ad at the same time that shuts down the whole web during the playing of the commercial.

But in the end, I think that the current flirtation with the internet will fail due to a lack of people willing to pay for it, a lack of people earning enough money to pay to keep it going, along with a drastic future change in technology that will cause people to view the internet as "outdated".

As for what will be the future?....I see the internet evolving into something that is not based on people being always 'active" to do things on it.
    Right now for the internet to do anything for us, we have to sit at a computer and type or click on stuff and intend to visit websites.
    I believe that in the future the internet devices will not need our personal input to work.

I see the future where we dont need to stop what we are doing in normal life, and then go turn on a computer to be able to get on the internet.
    I see the internet running much like the radio, where once you turn it on you don't need to program the stuff you hear but that is all done automatically for us by the radio stations. In a way, I see that being how the internet is running in the future, where it is automatically able to perform and display items to people without needing to be interfering with the person constantly.

The idea of needing to stop what you are doing and sit still at a computer will seem "outdated",and a pointless way to spend time.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-20-2014 at 04:41 AM.