Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandra Tanner Interview: "I came to Jesus through the Bible...and the Book of Mormon"

Libby

Btw, GM...In Part 1, of Sandra's interview, she talks about her relationship with the Book of Mormon. You might find it interesting.

GolfingMormon

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Btw, GM...In Part 1, of Sandra's interview, she talks about her relationship with the Book of Mormon. You might find it interesting.
    I heard the whole interview, I liked Sandra, she is pleasant...

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by GolfingMormon View Post
    That's the one intelligent thing you had to say.
    PS you are going to miss your tee time.

GolfingMormon

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    That's the one intelligent thing you had to say.
    PS you are going to miss your tee time.
    Do you love being divisive?

RealFakeHair

Do you love being divisive?
    I just hate liars, and devil worshipers, and all those TBMs who turn a blind eye to Joseph Smith jr. The *****monger.
    I hope I didn't leave any ambiguity on the LDSinc. Table!

GolfingMormon

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I just hate liars, and devil worshipers, and all those TBMs who turn a blind eye to Joseph Smith jr. The *****monger.
    I hope I didn't leave any ambiguity on the LDSinc. Table!
    I hope you can help me with a decision I need to make fairly soon.... do I put someone who is divisive on ignore or do we see a change in at***ude by said poster who so far has not shown Christian hospitality???
    I guess that person can choose! we shall see...

RealFakeHair

I hope you can help me with a decision I need to make fairly soon.... do I put someone who is divisive on ignore or do we see a change in at***ude by said poster who so far has not shown Christian hospitality???
    I guess that person can choose! we shall see...
    It us up to you. However, you may start off by not being a sarcastic-U-know-what, by answering a question when put to you
    You may say, " I have no idea what you are talking about, please explain, or give the answer, or go and play a round of golf at putt-putt.

GolfingMormon

Thanks for helping me make a great decision....
    Last edited by GolfingMormon; 06-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.

RealFakeHair

Thanks for helping me a great decision....
    You're welcome

Libby

She's had an interesting life. Did you get all the way through part 4? She had an amazing experience, after Jerald's death.

RealFakeHair

I just meant, I gave it a lot more than just a "read". I read it often, studied it, believed it to be true, lived my life around it for along time.

Saying that someone gave it the "old college try", just didn't seem adequate.
    Try giving this one the good ol college try? The original text of Mosiah 21:28 reads:

And now Limhi was again filled with joy, on learning from the mouth of Ammon that king Benjamin had a gift from God, whereby he could interpret such engravings; yea, and Ammon also did rejoice

Not really, just for laughs>

GolfingMormon

She's had an interesting life. Did you get all the way through part 4? She had an amazing experience, after Jerald's death.
    Not sure about part 4 ... but I will look for it...

Did it involve Jerald's ghost visiting her and telling her "Sandra, it turns out we were wrong! LDS doctrines actually ARE closer to the truth than the brand of Protestantism that we subscribed to!" ?

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Did it involve Jerald's ghost visiting her and telling her "Sandra, it turns out we were wrong! LDS doctrines actually ARE closer to the truth than the brand of Protestantism that we subscribed to!" ?
    Um...no.

Um...no.
    Oh, that's too bad, because if that was the amazing experience she had after her husband died, it would be awesome.

Libby

Oh, that's too bad, because if that was the amazing experience she had after her husband died, it would be awesome.
    Actually, it was much more awesome than that.

Libby

I just found out that John Dehlin (Mormon Stories creator) and Kate Kelly (founder of "Ordain Women") are both being threatened with excommunication. Both have received a court date.

It may be a blessing in disguise, but I still feel bad for people who are forced out and not really ready to give up on the church. I think it is a much more difficult recovery, than leaving of your own accord.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/12....html?referrer

Go Here for discussion:

http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...l=1#post159044

It may be a blessing in disguise, but I still feel bad for people who are forced out and not really ready to give up on the church. I think it is a much more difficult recovery, than leaving of your own accord.
    To me, that's like saying that you feel bad for Ed Snowden if the USA takes away his U.S. citizenship when he's not yet really ready to give up on the USA.

Libby

To me, that's like saying that you feel bad for Ed Snowden if the USA takes away his U.S. citizenship when he's not yet really ready to give up on the USA.
    I don't think he is ready to give up his citizenship. Not that I have heard. Many do not consider him a traitor, either.

John and Kate have been active and, at least, partially believing LDS. I think the church is handling all of this very badly.

I don't think he is ready to give up his citizenship. Not that I have heard. Many do not consider him a traitor, either.
    Many don't consider Obama a bad President, either, but it's true. Snowden deliberately put the lives of American agents and their families in danger of being captured, tortured, and killed by enemies of the USA. That is called giving aid to the enemy, and is one of the definitions of treason. He can say he had good intentions, but some say that Lucifer had good intentions, too.

John and Kate have been active and, at least, partially believing LDS. I think the church is handling all of this very badly.
    It is not surprising that you feel that way, but with all due respect, the only opinions that count in this matter are the opinions of TBMs.

Libby

President Obama has been a very good President, IMO.

It is not surprising that you feel that way, but with all due respect, the only opinions that count in this matter are the opinions of TBMs.
    Well, I'm not so sure about that, as public opinion can effect the church, especially their missionary program. Also, many TBM's are very skeptical that holding court on these two people is a good idea. (I belong to several groups on Facebook that include TBM's, marginal members and some ex-Members). A lot of them are "friends" of John and Kate).

President Obama has been a very good President, IMO.
    I sincerely hope that you're not serious about that. By any rational standard, he is the worst POTUS in the last 100 years, if not the worst ever. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a good president in comparison.

Libby

I sincerely hope that you're not serious about that. By any rational standard, he is the worst POTUS in the last 100 years, if not the worst ever. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a good president in comparison.
    I have always known that you were conservative, as are most LDS (and conservative Christians), but I don't suppose you've ever known that I am a Democrat (moderate to liberal, depending on the issue). I am dead serious about Obama. Considering the opposition he has experienced in the House, I think he has done a good ***.

Snow Patrol

I have always known that you were conservative, as are most LDS (and conservative Christians), but I don't suppose you've ever known that I am a Democrat (moderate to liberal, depending on the issue). I am dead serious about Obama. Considering the opposition he has experienced in the House, I think he has done a good ***.
    Yes, the darn House republicans have forced Obama to lie over and over, not be aware of several different scandals until reported in the news, forced the IRS to target conservative groups, cause several international relations blunders and on and on. Yep, let's go back to having Dems in charge of both House and Senate and Executive Branch. That worked so well the first time.

Oh, and by the way, LDS don't all stick up for each other. I think Harry Reid is one of the most despicable people there are.

Libby

Well, so much for the "big tent", I guess.

Harry Reid is not the only Democrat in the LDS Church. I have seen political affiliations and even some of the upper eschalon are Independent or Democrat. Not many, but there are a few. You also have to realize, now that the LDS Church is a global church, there are many, much more liberal, outside of the U.S., as well.