Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the moral difference?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    John T

Quote Originally Posted by God-free View Post
    The God of the Bible! If you've read it, you know exactly who I'm talking about. And yes, part of what I said was opinion. So what? I think you're just dragging this out because you like to "hear" yourself talk.

Yeah, you're miffed.
    I'm not explaining this to you again.
    We are bickering unproductively. Let's cease, OK?

This thread is intended to be a discussion. It's not a formal debate.
    Sorry, but to have any resemblance of discussion, it is required to follow the debating principles, foremost is that the one who stated the argument must also define the terms of the argument. A failure to do that will surely result in us talking at each other rather than talking to each other. It is a matter of clarity, and nothing else.

I'm not asking you to convince me to believe. I'm asking for the evidence that would justify believing. Mine is NOT a predetermined choice. It's the only honest choice I could make.
    What I said was accurate. I asked you to provide me with a demonstrably valid reason to believe it and all I got from you was accusations.
    Alright, your position is NOT predetermined. What in your mind would represent a "demonstrably 'valid' reason" to believe that something I put forth? This is a critical question, so I ask you for specifics, by saying, "If I saw X, Y, or Z, then I would believe."

God-free

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    We are bickering unproductively. Let's cease, OK?
    Happily!

Sorry, but to have any resemblance of discussion, it is required to follow the debating principles, foremost is that the one who stated the argument must also define the terms of the argument. A failure to do that will surely result in us talking at each other rather than talking to each other. It is a matter of clarity, and nothing else.
    The OP is an ****ogy (a comparison between two situations that are similar) followed by, what I consider to be, a very reasonable question. The time to define terms, if need be, is during the ensuing discussion. Perhaps I should’ve identified which God I was talking about, but as I explained earlier, I didn’t think it would be necessary on a Christian site.

In my last post to you I said, “If you think the God of the Bible is exempted from moral behavior, say so.” Is that your position? If so, then all I want is for you to explain your reasoning to me and we can take it from there (I know you said something earlier about God occupying a different realm of existence but I still don't see the relevance.). I'd also like to know why a God, who is worthy of worship, would need to resort to this type, or any type, of coercion to get what he wants from us?

Alright, your position is NOT predetermined. What in your mind would represent a "demonstrably 'valid' reason" to believe that something I put forth? This is a critical question, so I ask you for specifics, by saying, "If I saw X, Y, or Z, then I would believe.
    A long while ago, during my search for justification for my own beliefs, I had a discussion on another site with a man who turned out to be a preacher. After telling me that God loves me and wants me to know him, the preacher asked what God would have to do to convince me of his existence. I told him that I didn’t know what he’d have to do, but God, if he’s all he’s cracked up to be, would certainly know what would convince me and, as of yet, he hasn’t provided it.

God, if he exists, seems to be engaged in a perpetual game of hide-and-seek. Why won’t he simply reveal himself to everyone? It would surely put a stop to much, if not all, of the conflict in this world.

For me to conjure up something from my own imagination won’t get me any closer to a demonstrably valid reason to believe that the Bible is true and God is real. As a believer (and I’m ***uming you‘re also an adult), I want to know how you justify your beliefs, and I would hope that you‘d be able to articulate it. Who knows? Maybe you’ll be the one to bring me back into “the fold.” It’s not beyond the realm of possibility.

John T

Originally Posted by John T Alright, your position is NOT predetermined. What in your mind would represent a "demonstrably 'valid' reason" to believe that something I put forth? This is a critical question, so I ask you for specifics, by saying, "If I saw X, Y, or Z, then I would believe.
    The OP is an ****ogy (a comparison between two situations that are similar) followed by, what I consider to be, a very reasonable question. The time to define terms, if need be, is during the ensuing discussion. Perhaps I should’ve identified which God I was talking about, but as I explained earlier, I didn’t think it would be necessary on a Christian site.

In my last post to you I said, “If you think the God of the Bible is exempted from moral behavior, say so.” Is that your position? If so, then all I want is for you to explain your reasoning to me and we can take it from there (I know you said something earlier about God occupying a different realm of existence but I still don't see the relevance.). I'd also like to know why a God, who is worthy of worship, would need to resort to this type, or any type, of coercion to get what he wants from us?

A long while ago, during my search for justification for my own beliefs, I had a discussion on another site with a man who turned out to be a preacher. After telling me that God loves me and wants me to know him, the preacher asked what God would have to do to convince me of his existence. I told him that I didn’t know what he’d have to do, but God, if he’s all he’s cracked up to be, would certainly know what would convince me and, as of yet, he hasn’t provided it.
    Well, you can see why I asked the question that I did. Neither the preacher nor I are God, so it is unrealistic that we on our own, will come up with something that will "scratch your itch" when it comes to the "proofs that are acceptable to you".

For example if you knew statistics and were a Mormon, I could show you how a chi square ****ysis proves beyond any shadow of doubt that the Book of Mormon was written by one person, Joseph Smith. But because the Mormons do not like the facts that demonstrate the errors in their cherished beliefs, then they reject that scientific ****ysis out of hand. I want to reduce the same sort of reaction from you, and that is why I asked in advance.

God, if he exists, seems to be engaged in a perpetual game of hide-and-seek. Why won’t he simply reveal himself to everyone? It would surely put a stop to much, if not all, of the conflict in this world.
    God is not hiding like a chameleon; He has made his works apparent to everyone:
    Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

For me to conjure up something from my own imagination won’t get me any closer to a demonstrably valid reason to believe that the Bible is true and God is real. As a believer (and I’m ***uming you‘re also an adult), I want to know how you justify your beliefs, and I would hope that you‘d be able to articulate it. Who knows? Maybe you’ll be the one to bring me back into “the fold.” It’s not beyond the realm of possibility.
    Indeed. that is the reason I dialog with you. You stated it, and I will not deny it. Do you think that a discussion on the real nature of prophecy, the rules of Einstein about prophecy and the result that the odds for all of the prophecies about Jesus coming true, are greater than a billion to one would help you understand?

Before I go further, I believe that you MAY not have committed the unpardonable sin due to the fact that that last statement indicates that you want a reason to believe, and as far as I am able, and with help from Holy Spirit, I will be as dilligent as I can.

But let's not get distracted from those in the "peanut gallery". On this particular forum, there will be some who wish to be snarky, and destroy any sort of civil discussion between us. I will ignore them if you agree to do likewise. If need be, this can be moved to another area where only you and I can participate.

God-free

Well, you can see why I asked the question that I did. Neither the preacher nor I are God, so it is unrealistic that we on our own, will come up with something that will "scratch your itch" when it comes to the "proofs that are acceptable to you".
    Then the only honest conclusion I can come to is that God, if he exists, doesn’t really want me to know him.

God is not hiding like a chameleon; He has made his works apparent to everyone:
    If God exists then yes, he is and no, he hasn’t. What is apparent to everyone is the existence of things that we see and things that we don’t see. What is not apparent is that those things are the “works” of any deity.

Indeed. that is the reason I dialog with you. You stated it, and I will not deny it. Do you think that a discussion on the real nature of prophecy, the rules of Einstein about prophecy and the result that the odds for all of the prophecies about Jesus coming true, are greater than a billion to one would help you understand?
    I’d be willing to discuss the odds of this, provided those odds have been calculated by a group of impartial professional statisticians, each with a masters degree, and provided I'm able to comprehend it. It would be interesting to see what kind of experiments they performed, what the ****yzed results were, and if they’d be able to accurately predict future events based on their findings.

Before I go further, I believe that you MAY not have committed the unpardonable sin due to the fact that that last statement indicates that you want a reason to believe, and as far as I am able, and with help from Holy Spirit, I will be as dilligent as I can.
    It’s not so much that I want a reason to believe. What I want is to know that my beliefs, whatever they are, have a reasonable justification and aren’t merely based on what makes me feel good. In other words, I’d rather be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie. So, if God exists, I want to know that, regardless of my opinions of the way he's depicted in the Bible.

But let's not get distracted from those in the "peanut gallery". On this particular forum, there will be some who wish to be snarky, and destroy any sort of civil discussion between us. I will ignore them if you agree to do likewise. If need be, this can be moved to another area where only you and I can participate.
    I like the “peanut gallery”. I even like the snarky ones. At first, I’ll simply ignore the first instance or two, but after that the gloves come off. Sometimes a good “snark contest” can be fun. I suppose its entertainment value depends on how easily one is offended (I’m not). I try not to start them but, I figure, if someone starts one with me and winds up angry or with hurt feelings, well, they did ask for it. On the flip side, I’ve been out-snarked before and then life went on. It’s no biggie.

John T

Then the only honest conclusion I can come to is that God, if he exists, doesn’t really want me to know him.
    I am of the opposite oppinion because I believe that the Bible alone is His revelation to us. Otherwise it would not be written over a period of 2000+ years.

If God exists then yes, he is and no, he hasn’t. What is apparent to everyone is the existence of things that we see and things that we don’t see. What is not apparent is that those things are the “works” of any deity.
    We will also disagree on that point.

I’d be willing to discuss the odds of this, provided those odds have been calculated by a group of impartial professional statisticians, each with a masters degree, and provided I'm able to comprehend it. It would be interesting to see what kind of experiments they performed, what the ****yzed results were, and if they’d be able to accurately predict future events based on their findings.
    In pursuit of a second Master's I studied stats. Even if there was a chi square ****ysis (which measures the difference between what would be expected in a normal distribution, aka a bell curve) done, I doubt that you would be able to understand it. That is because it involves outrageously high numbers such as the multiplication of terms squared. Instead, I will use simple probability as well the use of exponents to create understandable and easily verified numbers, if that is OK with you.

It’s not so much that I want a reason to believe. What I want is to know that my beliefs, whatever they are, have a reasonable justification and aren’t merely based on what makes me feel good. In other words, I’d rather be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie. So, if God exists, I want to know that, regardless of my opinions of the way he's depicted in the Bible.
    Feelings are a horrid "measure of truth" because by definition, feelings are subjective, and not verifiable.

I like the “peanut gallery”. I even like the snarky ones. At first, I’ll simply ignore the first instance or two, but after that the gloves come off. Sometimes a good “snark contest” can be fun. I suppose its entertainment value depends on how easily one is offended (I’m not). I try not to start them but, I figure, if someone starts one with me and winds up angry or with hurt feelings, well, they did ask for it. On the flip side, I’ve been out-snarked before and then life went on. It’s no biggie.
    I simply meant that there will be some from this forum who will attempt to derail a civil discussion, and we both know that.

Let me preface this with an adaptation of Socrates. Just as the unexamined life is not worth the living, so also is the unaxamined religion not worth the believing. That is because by the very nature of the term "religion", every religion sets out to determine meaning about the cause, nature and purpose of the Universe. Religion gives the answer to the questions like "Why am I here?" and "Why am I as a human, the only creature able to converse with other like humans and speak on an abstract level?" and "Is there anything bigger than me?"

Since those questions cannot be adequately by any science alone, and the answers to those questions above are subjective, it must fall to a combination of both science and of observation to make the case for belief in a sufficiently persuasive manner that rules out chance as a reason for things happening. In other words, if there can be no other explanation for something, such as prophecy being of chance or inevitability, it must be God's handiwork.

Therefore before anyone does any mathematics about prophecy, a strong definition must be established; remember the purpose of the definition is to rule out any possibility of being able to foresee something or of inevitably. The Wright Brothers making a prediction that men will be able to go to the moon, is an expected outcome of manned flight in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina thus making a case for inevitability. See what I mean?

Are you with me so far?

God-free

Default Sorry for the delay.

I am of the opposite oppinion because I believe that the Bible alone is His revelation to us. Otherwise it would not be written over a period of 2000+ years.
    The Bible is only said to be God’s revelation to us. The same is said about the Quran and other so-called holy books. Neither the belief that it‘s God‘s revelation, nor the length of time it took to write it all down (and not even its popularity) will make it so.

We will also disagree on that point.
    I’m sure we do. It’s worth noting, though, that not a single thing we’ve learned about ourselves, the earth, or the universe has ever revealed a shred of evidence indicating that a deity had/has anything to do with it.

In pursuit of a second Master's I studied stats. Even if there was a chi square ****ysis (which measures the difference between what would be expected in a normal distribution, aka a bell curve) done, I doubt that you would be able to understand it. ...
    Perhaps not. We’ll just have to wait and see. However, I am interested in knowing where you found “…the result that the odds for all of the prophecies about Jesus coming true, are greater than a billion to one”. Do you have a link?

Feelings are a horrid "measure of truth" because by definition, feelings are subjective, and not verifiable.
    I agree that feelings are not a measure of truth and, yet, the reasons I generally get from Christians for why they believe will usually boil down to just that. I’ve even been told outright by some that if it were proved, without a doubt, that God is and always has been a figment of the imagination, they’d reject the proof in favor of the belief.

I simply meant that there will be some from this forum who will attempt to derail a civil discussion, and we both know that.
    I know what you meant. I guess you’d know better than me since I don’t visit here very often.

Let me preface this with an adaptation of Socrates. Just as the unexamined life is not worth the living, so also is the unaxamined religion not worth the believing. That is because by the very nature of the term "religion", every religion sets out to determine meaning about the cause, nature and purpose of the Universe. Religion gives the answer to the questions like "Why am I here?" and "Why am I as a human, the only creature able to converse with other like humans and speak on an abstract level?" and "Is there anything bigger than me?"
    I agree that religion gives answers. Answers are easy; virtually anybody can do it. Determining what the correct answer is; that‘s not so easy. There’s only one way to determine whether or not an answer you’ve received is correct and that’s by way of a demonstration of its validity.

... In other words, if there can be no other explanation for something, such as prophecy being of chance or inevitability, it must be God's handiwork.
    Or it’s something else. The gist of what you’ve said is, “I don’t know what else could explain it, therefore God did it.” To simply insert God wherever there’s a gap in our knowledge is deceptive and misleading. It only serves to encourage believers to stop looking for real answers to their questions.

Therefore before anyone does any mathematics about prophecy, a strong definition must be established; remember the purpose of the definition is to rule out any possibility of being able to foresee something or of inevitably. The Wright Brothers making a prediction that men will be able to go to the moon, is an expected outcome of manned flight in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina thus making a case for inevitability. See what I mean?

Are you with me so far?
    Yes, I see what you mean. However, until a statistical ****ysis, of the sort I mentioned earlier, is done by qualified and impartial statisticians (one of which I am not), then I don’t think you and I can have a fruitful discussion on that matter. Besides, being that I’m currently involved in a few other conversations taking place all at once, I’m feeling a bit fatigued now. Am I the only non-believer on this website these days?

John T

<SNIP>
    I agree that religion gives answers. Answers are easy; virtually anybody can do it. Determining what the correct answer is; that‘s not so easy. There’s only one way to determine whether or not an answer you’ve received is correct and that’s by way of a demonstration of its validity.

Or it’s something else. The gist of what you’ve said is, “I don’t know what else could explain it, therefore God did it.” To simply insert God wherever there’s a gap in our knowledge is deceptive and misleading. It only serves to encourage believers to stop looking for real answers to their questions.
    What I am doing is to establish a prior philosophical and logical basis for the discussion of prophecy. One of the strenghts of the apologetics os Walter Martin was his insistence on defining the terms of the argument. That way the cultist, (most notably the Mormons) could not change the definition of a unicorn into that of a Pegasus; the difference being that the former has the body of a horse, and a spiral horn protruding from its forehead, and the latter also has the body of a horse, but lacks the horn, and can fly with the wings attached to irs spinal column.

Yes, I see what you mean. However, until a statistical ****ysis, of the sort I mentioned earlier, is done by qualified and impartial statisticians (one of which I am not), then I don’t think you and I can have a fruitful discussion on that matter. Besides, being that I’m currently involved in a few other conversations taking place all at once, I’m feeling a bit fatigued now. Am I the only non-believer on this website these days?
    It is rather a simple process to determine probability, and I will get to that later. I want to go about this methodically so you can see that this is logical, mathematically accurate, and that I am not making any ewrrors of logic. (spelling is another matter! )

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." Einstein

"I think there are clearly religious implications whenever you start to discuss the origins of the universe. There must be religious overtones." Steven Hawking

In both of these statements in red above, there is an inherent statement that there MUST be an objective, and observable and therefore unbiased component in religion. The only alternative is to have feelings and other subjective things that are unmeasurable. Therefore if we are speaking about the existence of prophecy, we first have to define it, and then having done that, we must be able to have a way to measure it.

Since this discussion centers on prophecy in general, and BIBLICAL prophecy in particular, I will therefore propose that prophecy in general is the foretelling of an event in advance of its completion, and that BIBLICAL prophecy is similar, but it is also characterized by having known Prophet foretell an event, and that event is a warning, exhortation or instruction, all of which are divinely inspired by the definition of the word, "Prophet" and having the penalty of execution for an utterance of a prophecy that does not come about, or is falsely claimed to be from God:
    Deuteronomy 18: 20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
    22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to p***, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
    How are we to then measure prophecy? That is also relatively simple, it must be written down. Just as an oral contract is not worth the paper upon which it is written, so also is all prophecy that is not written down not worth anything. It is just like the childhood game we all played called "whisper down the lane". Because oral tradition changes at each retelling, and is not backed up by anything objective whereby anyone can authenticate it, then all religions that rely on oral traditions are unreliable as instruments of prophecy.

As a result, metaphysical and no "holy hook" religions of the East, and these religions: Buddhism (Dhamapada), Taoism (Taoist Tao-Te Ching), Hinduism (Bhagavad-Gita ), Sikhism (Guru Granth Sahib Ji) can be dismissed from the discussion because their "holy books" have nothing of a prophetic nature in them.

There are then only four religions which have prophecies in written form: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Nostradamians. Each of these have records that are "frozen in time" and then it is possible to examine these further.

However, I gotta go, so I will pick this up again at a later time

Christodoulos

"Yes, and this is why:
    The sexual acts performed between consenting adults is none of my business. It doesn’t matter if those involved are ****sexual or heterosexual. As long as they aren’t involving anyone else who is unwilling or unable to give consent, then no moral ***essment is even necessary.

I'm convinced that in today's world, ****s are embracing atheism for no other reason but to grant themselves a license to commit perversions .
    What makes you think that? Are you under the impression that ****sexual believers don’t exist? I know for a fact that they do. What about substance abusers, adulterers, thieves, liars, murderers, etc.? Are they all atheists, too?
    It doesn’t appear you’ve given any serious thought to this. "

The idea that sexual acts between consenting adults is none of your business is an immoral position to take.

**** sex is unnatural sex;it's a perversion of sexuality.

Anything unnatural should be everyone's concern. "It's not good to fool mother nature"

It seem to be a given that today's atheists are also pro gay sex or are ****s themselves. one doesn't necessarily follow the other but gays need an ideology and atheism is ready made just for them.

God-free

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    The idea that sexual acts between consenting adults is none of your business is an immoral position to take.
    Really? Now you've got me wondering who the real pervert is. Do you think what your neighbors do in their bedrooms is your business?

**** sex is unnatural sex;it's a perversion of sexuality.
    One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love. It’s not your place to decide that for anyone but yourself.

Anything unnatural should be everyone's concern. "It's not good to fool mother nature"
    Then you should probably run on down to the Veteran’s Hospital and collect all those artificial limbs. Mother Nature must be furious about those.

It seem to be a given that today's atheists are also pro gay sex or are ****s themselves. one doesn't necessarily follow the other but gays need an ideology and atheism is ready made just for them.
    Atheism is nothing more than non-belief in the existence of any deities. Whatever position an atheist takes on any other subject is entirely something else.

alanmolstad

Really? Now you've got me wondering who the real pervert is. Do you think what your neighbors do in their bedrooms is your business?

why?...whats are they doing?

God-free

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    why?...whats are they doing?
    Why ask me? I’m not the one pretending to be the sex police.

alanmolstad

One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love. It’s not your place to decide that for anyone but yourself.

most of the so-called "rape" in this part of the country over the last few years actually is the case of an adult male having sex with a underage small child, or is the case of an adult male having sex with a elderly person, or someone suffering from a mental issue that renders them unable to understand what is happening to them.

Should we allow such things if the male that gets caught claims that "It was an expression of love"???

What is the justification we have to claim that some "acts of love" are prohibited?

I asked a non-believer this set of questions one time and they came back at me with an answer based around their idea that sex should always be allowed as long as their was "consent"

But I cam back at them with "Who says consent is important?"
    "What unquestionable voice has stated that the idea of "consent" is all important?"

"Did this idea that you have to have "consent" before you can have sex with a person fall from the sky?.....was it something that was written on stone by a mysterious hand?"

My point?
    My point is that if a person thinks it's their *** to determine moral codes for everyone else, they are mistaken.
    If I think that it is my *** to determin your moral code by useing my own ability to reason, I am mistaken.
    If I think that a room full of people somehow gives the people the instant wisdom to determin moral differences between right and wrong?.....Im a fool.

Why would I expect a room filled with people to somehow be granted the ability to know for sure the difference between right and wrong, when if I asked each of the people in that room to discribe why something is right ?...or why something is wrong?..they would have all sorts of reasons that dont agree with anyone else s??????

So I cant on my own determine right and wrong.
    Washington on it's own cant determine right and wrong.

But what people can do is support their idea of morality with the code of Scripture.
    For I take Scripture very serious.....regardless of a person's religion, or if they are in a Church or in a CULT.
    Want to empress me with your views on a topic dealing with right or wrong?...quote me Scripture.

I finally told my friend-
    "But save our time and dont bother appealing to rooms filled with people as being your source of morality , (or stuff like that) cuz it's just a bunch of silly ducks quacking to me."

God-free

most of the so-called "rape" in this part of the country over the last few years actually is the case of an adult male having sex with a underage small child, or is the case of an adult male having sex with a elderly person, or someone suffering from a mental issue that renders them unable to understand what is happening to them.
    That's terrible!

Should we allow such things if the male that gets caught claims that "It was an expression of love"???
    Of course not!
    Read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by God-free
    The sexual acts performed between consenting adults is none of my business. It doesn’t matter if those involved are ****sexual or heterosexual. As long as they aren’t involving anyone else who is unwilling or unable to give consent, then no moral ***essment is even necessary.
    Nothing I said in this, or any of my posts, even remotely implies that sexual predators should be able to use “It was an expression of love” as a defense.

What is the justification we have to claim that some "acts of love" are prohibited?
    You’re arguing against something that I don’t advocate and never implied that I did.

I’m going to ignore the rest of this post and the remaining post from you. I think you owe me an acknowledgement that I have not indicated nor suggested, in any way, that rape in the form of men having sex with children, non-consenting old people, and the mentally ill, is morally acceptable. If you are not willing to acknowledge this, then you and I have nothing further to discuss.

alanmolstad

Then you should probably run on down to the Veteran’s Hospital and collect all those artificial limbs. Mother Nature must be furious about those.

creation does what comes natural to it's name...it is "creative"
    Therefore in nature it is the nature of life to be creative....to use what is within possibilities to use.
    Therefore artificial limbs are just as much a part of "Mother Nature's" path as anything else.

It is the design of nature for things to change.
    All things change, from the rocks that crack in the earth, to the wounded soul that is learning to walk with a limp, all things in nature change and adapt to new situations new challenges.

So when I tell you that your actions are "Against nature" Im not actually talking about birds, ants and trees...
    The phrase "against nature" is talking about a concept that stands against the author of nature.

Christodoulos

Atheism is nothing more than non-belief in the existence of any deities. Whatever position an atheist takes on any other subject is entirely something else.
    "One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love. It’s not your place to decide that for anyone but yourself."

Your argument is specious . Let me remind you that an exit is not an entrance.

That's what makes **** sex unnatural and therefore a perversion. You wonder who the pervert is?

Given your position on **** sex ,it seems you've removed all doubt.

Whereas other forms of perversion exist ,a **** penetrating the **** c**** of another male only produces blood and feces.

If producing blood and excrement and pain , is your idea of an expression of love then I would strongly recommend you seek mental health counseling.

In the case of any **** male on the receiving end I strongly suggest HIV/AIDS testing before your perversions become all of society's concerns. Whether in the bedroom or the bath house we have the right to defend ourselves against all those who would put our health at risk.
    And yes. Atheism is the perfect cover for this decidedly filthy practice.
    Everything else coming out of your sick brain is specious .

God-free

"One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love. It’s not your place to decide that for anyone but yourself."

Your argument is specious . Let me remind you that an exit is not an entrance.
    It may surprise you to know that studies have revealed that heterosexual couples engage in **** sex too. Look for “Heterosexual **** Sex” on wikipedia. (I could provide a link but that would probably break the forum rules.)

What is the purpose of the human mouth? The “natural” purpose of the mouth is to take in nourishment. So, if you’ve ever performed, or received oral sex, then according to your way of thinking, you’ve engaged in sexual perversion. Do you think you should be shamed for that? Or, do you think it’s nobody’s business but yours?

That's what makes **** sex unnatural and therefore a perversion. You wonder who the pervert is?

Given your position on **** sex ,it seems you've removed all doubt.
    Since I have no interest in interfering in the consensual sex lives of other people, and you clearly do, then if one of us is a pervert, it certainly isn’t me.

Whereas other forms of perversion exist ,a **** penetrating the **** c**** of another male only produces blood and feces.
    I wouldn't know. Are you an expert on such things?

If producing blood and excrement and pain , is your idea of an expression of love then I would strongly recommend you seek mental health counseling.
    Excuse me, but I never said **** sex was MY idea of an expression of love, but there are people who do consider it a way to express their love in a sexual way. That’s their business, not mine, and not yours.

In the case of any **** male on the receiving end I strongly suggest HIV/AIDS testing before your perversions become all of society's concerns. Whether in the bedroom or the bath house we have the right to defend ourselves against all those who would put our health at risk.
    Is someone forcing you to engage in unwanted ****sexual sex? If not, then from what do you need defending?

And yes. Atheism is the perfect cover for this decidedly filthy practice.
    Everything else coming out of your sick brain is specious .
    You only embarr*** yourself when you spout such nonsense.

Christodoulos

It may surprise you to know that studies have revealed that heterosexual couples engage in **** sex too. Look for “Heterosexual **** Sex” on wikipedia. (I could provide a link but that would probably break the forum rules.)

What is the purpose of the human mouth? The “natural” purpose of the mouth is to take in nourishment. So, if you’ve ever performed, or received oral sex, then according to your way of thinking, you’ve engaged in sexual perversion. Do you think you should be shamed for that? Or, do you think it’s nobody’s business but yours?

Since I have no interest in interfering in the consensual sex lives of other people, and you clearly do, then if one of us is a pervert, it certainly isn’t me.

I wouldn't know. Are you an expert on such things?

Excuse me, but I never said **** sex was MY idea of an expression of love, but there are people who do consider it a way to express their love in a sexual way. That’s their business, not mine, and not yours.

Is someone forcing you to engage in unwanted ****sexual sex? If not, then from what do you need defending?

You only embarr*** yourself when you spout such nonsense.
    In view of what you revealed about your own mindset in these matters ,it would take a lot to embarr*** me in contrast.

Your views and picture perfect descriptions of deviant and mentally disturbed sexual behavior speaks volumes about anyone who would sanction this ,for themselves or for any other human being.

I'm no prude ,I suggest you stop pretending you are one.

HIV/AIDS is spread primarily by ****s exchanging body fluids. There's no known cure for this disease.

Is there anything you would not sanction in others or for yourself? Have you no shame?

alanmolstad

lets not get personal kids....

You can have plenty of fun and not need to talk about each other personally

Christodoulos

lets not get personal kids....

You can have plenty of fun and not need to talk about each other personally
    He started ,yes he DID!!

God-free

In view of what you revealed about your own mindset in these matters ,it would take a lot to embarr*** me in contrast.
    Let’s have a look at what I’ve revealed about myself that you find so repulsive, shall we?

• I recognize that it isn't my place, or anyone else's, to dictate to consenting adults how they may or may not express themselves sexually with each other.

*gasp* OH, THE HORROR!

Your views and picture perfect descriptions of deviant and mentally disturbed sexual behavior
    Are you talking about when I said, “a **** penetrating the **** c**** of another male only produces blood and feces”? Oh, wait…that wasn’t me; that was YOU (post #92).

...speaks volumes about anyone who would sanction this ,for themselves or for any other human being. ...
    Is there anything you would not sanction in others or for yourself? Have you no shame?
    Sanction? I neither approve nor disapprove of the consensual sexual practices of other people. As for my own sex life, I haven’t said anything about it, nor will I. My sex life is no business of yours, just as yours is no business of mine. What do you imagine I have to be ashamed about?

I'm no prude ,I suggest you stop pretending you are one.
    Who said you’re a prude? What have I said that would give you the impression that I want you think that I’m a prude?

HIV/AIDS is spread primarily by ****s exchanging body fluids.
    I’m aware of that. However, that's not an argument against ****sexuality. It’s just an argument against infected people having sex with uninfected people. On that, I'm sure we'd agree that shouldn't happen, although I don't know what 'we' could do to prevent it.

There's no known cure for this disease.
    Not yet.

Christodoulos

Let’s have a look at what I’ve revealed about myself that you find so repulsive, shall we?

• I recognize that it isn't my place, or anyone else's, to dictate to consenting adults how they may or may not express themselves sexually with each other.

*gasp* OH, THE HORROR!

Are you talking about when I said, “a **** penetrating the **** c**** of another male only produces blood and feces”? Oh, wait…that wasn’t me; that was YOU (post #92).

Sanction? I neither approve nor disapprove of the consensual sexual practices of other people. As for my own sex life, I haven’t said anything about it, nor will I. My sex life is no business of yours, just as yours is no business of mine. What do you imagine I have to be ashamed about?

Who said you’re a prude? What have I said that would give you the impression that I want you think that I’m a prude?

I’m aware of that. However, that's not an argument against ****sexuality. It’s just an argument against infected people having sex with uninfected people. On that, I'm sure we'd agree that shouldn't happen, although I don't know what 'we' could do to prevent it.

Not yet.
    If you are not against it[ **** sex] then it's clear you are FOR it.

Pain ,blood ,excrement is the "expression of love "you believe **** sex results in.

If you can't see the inherent perversion in your statement then you are being devious.

Far better to see it as it is then to see it as YOUR"" EXPRESSION OF LOVE BETWEEN two guys![gays]

The HIV/AIDS infection , caused by body fluids of ****s penetrating each other's rectums may be nature's law of retribution. A death sentence for those who mock her iron clad laws . When hubrus accumulates at the door step of
    the perverted ,it usually is followed by nemesis: the eternal goddess of merciless retribution.

And it always works that way. But you are free to do whatever you wish. I'm not for it ,but I respect your right to kill yourself.

God-free

If you are not against it[ **** sex] then it's clear you are FOR it.
    I've said this every which way I know how. I am not for or against ****sexual sex. It's not my business.

Pain ,blood ,excrement is the "expression of love "you believe **** sex results in.
    That's NOT what I said. What I did say is, "One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love.

If you can't see the inherent perversion in your statement then you are being devious.
    If you'd learn to read for comprehension, I wouldn't have to continually repeat myself.

Far better to see it as it is then to see it as YOUR"" EXPRESSION OF LOVE BETWEEN two guys![gays]
    I see it as none of my business. That's all. I'm not the sex police.

The HIV/AIDS infection , caused by body fluids of ****s penetrating each other's rectums
    HIV/AIDS is spread via bodily fluids but it is not caused by ****sexual sex. Uninfected people (straight and gay) who engage in sex do not create HIV/AIDS.

... may be nature's law of retribution. A death sentence for those who mock her iron clad laws . When hubrus accumulates at the door step of the perverted ,it usually is followed by nemesis: the eternal goddess of merciless retribution.
    And it always works that way.
    Nonsense! Nature doesn't care who sleeps with who; it doesn't take retribution.

But you are free to do whatever you wish. I'm not for it ,but I respect your right to kill yourself.
    Gee, I couldn't have slept soundly tonight if I didn't have your permission to control my own sex life.
    And, contrary to your warped opinion, I have no intention of killing myself.
    Last edited by God-free; 08-18-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Christodoulos

I've said this every which way I know how. I am not for or against ****sexual sex. It's not my business.

That's NOT what I said. What I did say is, "One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love.

If you'd learn to read for comprehension, I wouldn't have to continually repeat myself.

I see it as none of my business. That's all. I'm not the sex police.

HIV/AIDS is spread via bodily fluids but it is not caused by ****sexual sex. Uninfected people (straight and gay) who engage in sex do not create HIV/AIDS.

Nonsense! Nature doesn't care who sleeps with who; it doesn't take retribution.

Gee, I couldn't have slept soundly tonight if I didn't have your permission to control my own sex life.
    And, contrary to your warped opinion, I have no intention of killing myself.
    But then again ,you're not a believer. I think in time you may very well decide to commit suicide.

I know you've thought of it many times in the past and the idea will come along again in the future.

Satan is waiting for you to arrive.. Take your time, there's no rush..

God-free

But then again ,you're not a believer.
    And I'm better for it.

I think in time you may very well decide to commit suicide.
    Based on what?

I know you've thought of it many times in the past and the idea will come along again in the future.
    No "true" Christian would so blatantly break the 9th commandment in front of his fellow Christians. tsk tsk

Satan is waiting for you to arrive.. Take your time, there's no rush..
    I'm no longer afraid of your fictional boogeyman.

Christodoulos

And I'm better for it.

Based on what?

No "true" Christian would so blatantly break the 9th commandment in front of his fellow Christians. tsk tsk

I'm no longer afraid of your fictional boogeyman.
    Of course you're not ,that's what everyone says .. But when it's too late ,then they sing a different tune.

Will you say "you're better for opposing The Almighty " when you scream out for merciful death only to see the grinning face of Satan bidding you welcome?

And If I'm wrong ,what have I lost? nothing but alcoholism, drug addiction,STDS . misery. I've lost nothing .

But If you are wrong you've lost an eternity . But gained an eternity in hell.

The wager still holds import.