Thread: What's the moral difference?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    God-free

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    god-free ,can you begin a new thread,one that makes a little bit more sense.

For me it's never been that rewarding debating atheists, it always come down to :he said, she said.

And ,it's not a matter of winning or losing ,but did we communicate our thoughts and beliefs or did we fail...

that's why you need to clarify ..
    What part of our conversation are you having trouble understanding?

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by God-free View Post
    What part of our conversation are you having trouble understanding?
    The part where you define morality.

May I ask this question... Do you believe that Gay sex is the moral equivalent of hetero sex.

please answer with a simple yes or no to begin,
    and then start your explanation.

I'm convinced that in today's world, ****s are embracing atheism for no other reason but to grant themselves a license to commit perversions .

God-free

Default Sorry for the delay.

The part where you define morality.
    I don’t recall giving a definition of morality. Morality refers to the judgment of the goodness or badness* of human action and character as they relate to accepted/acceptable standards or conduct.

*Goodness and badness are more difficult to define because everyone seems to have their own ideas of what they mean. I tend to rely on reason to determine if something is good/right/beneficial or bad/wrong/harmful.

May I ask this question... Do you believe that Gay sex is the moral equivalent of hetero sex.

please answer with a simple yes or no to begin,
    and then start your explanation.
    Yes, and this is why:
    The sexual acts performed between consenting adults is none of my business. It doesn’t matter if those involved are ****sexual or heterosexual. As long as they aren’t involving anyone else who is unwilling or unable to give consent, then no moral ***essment is even necessary.

I'm convinced that in today's world, ****s are embracing atheism for no other reason but to grant themselves a license to commit perversions .
    What makes you think that? Are you under the impression that ****sexual believers don’t exist? I know for a fact that they do. What about substance abusers, adulterers, thieves, liars, murderers, etc.? Are they all atheists, too?
    It doesn’t appear you’ve given any serious thought to this.

John T

"Yes, and this is why:
    The sexual acts performed between consenting adults is none of my business. It doesn’t matter if those involved are ****sexual or heterosexual. As long as they aren’t involving anyone else who is unwilling or unable to give consent, then no moral ***essment is even necessary.
    <snip>
    EXACTLY!

The reason for that is because atheism is 100% relativistic. Logically speaking, atheism MUST be wishy-washy because to admit to any absolute truth, there MUST then be something greater than one's self who would be the One who establishes the absolutes. This is therefore the Achilles Heel of atheism, and it is the skeleton in the closet of every atheist. They really cannot escape that conundrum.